Early Signing

Talk about the latest recruits here.
chain gang x man
Swell

Kid from Hinds via Northwestern via Barbe
Plays 2B

Braedon Barrett goes deep! A 3-run shot in the 5th puts your SwampDogs on top of the Steamers 6-2!

winwave
Top of the WAVE

posse wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:
As many as 5 JUCO recruits have been denied admission
STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH.....

"Don’t let facts get in the way of a good rumor. No JUCO baseball players have been denied admission. One was originally denied, then later admitted. All others have been admitted".
Thanks for the information. Good to hear.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

chain gang x man wrote:
posse wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:
As many as 5 JUCO recruits have been denied admission
STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH.....

"Don’t let facts get in the way of a good rumor. No JUCO baseball players have been denied admission. One was originally denied, then later admitted. All others have been admitted".
We may never know how many were denied admission because we have never had an official list of recruits
It's somewhere between 23 and 26
So however many JUCOS enroll for the fall semester it can be said this is all that we had
Tulane has historically been hard on accepting credits from JUCO
We may have to agree to disagree but I stand by my source
Again if the list of recruits would have been released in November like coaches in the past this would not be an issue
No coach is going to come out publicly and say he couldn't get 5 kids admitted because Tulane just doesn't want to even the playing field. Credit Jewett for trying. Chain Gang has been one of the best baseball sources for information on this board. I believe in what he reported. And that's exactly why no names have been officially released. How bad would that look to see 5 names scratched from the original group with that explanation.
chain gang x man
Swell

Trevor Jensen JUCO from St Petersburg

https://twitter.com/futuresleague/statu ... 7804193793
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:Trevor Jensen JUCO from St Petersburg

Nice night!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
chain gang x man
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:Trevor Jensen JUCO from St Petersburg

Nice night!
He should be a starter next year
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

The astros and phillies did not sign the Breaux Brothers, both were 36th rounders. One is a C, and one is an OF. Both are from Houston i believe.

Does anyone know if Tulane will be pursuing?

Were Freshmen at McClennan CC outside of Waco and took mcclennan to the juco world series this year. Josh i believe was a top 300 draft prospect by baseball america.

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2017/06/14/236 ... -mlb-draft
Last edited by RollWaveRoll on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

Riley Richert our SP commit from Howard that was drafted in the 36th round signed for 125,000$ which is extremely high for that round. Equivalent to 10th round money. At least we know he didn't just take a plane ticket and a sandwich.
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

https://www.mlb.com/draft/tracker

Several Juco and HS Arms that were drafted and not signed from all over, and some of them are looking for a home it looks like.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:Kid from Hinds via Northwestern via Barbe
Plays 2B

Braedon Barrett goes deep! A 3-run shot in the 5th puts your SwampDogs on top of the Steamers 6-2!
Bad news. Tulane didn't accept enough of his credits so he's going elsewhere. What a shame. He's was going to be our starting SS at the very least 2nd base. Apparently it's doesn't help that your grandfather is a Tulane grad, former Tulane FB player, former Tulane assistant FB coach and current AD at a local Catholic league high school that produces great players in every sport. Tulane admin once again our worst enemy. Coach Jewett is beside himself.
Disappointing to say the least. Hence that lack of official names in our recruiting class.
http://sports.hindscc.edu/mobile/index.aspx?rp_id=2130
Tulane Class of 1981
McWave
High Tide

"Tulane didn't accept enough of his credits so he's going elsewhere."

To be clear, he was admitted but not all or enough of his credits transferred from Hinds CC and/or NWS. So the recruit has decided to look elsewhere.

This lack of communication between the recruit, coach, and/or admin should not happen.

Why is Coach Jewett upset? Did the admin approve credits then rescind credits? Or was Coach Jewett hoping the admin would take enough credits and didn't?
Jaxwave
Swell

Call me when the Tulane admin starts supporting athletics.
sader24
Tsunami

That phone will never ring.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

McWave wrote:"Tulane didn't accept enough of his credits so he's going elsewhere."

To be clear, he was admitted but not all or enough of his credits transferred from Hinds CC and/or NWS. So the recruit has decided to look elsewhere.

This lack of communication between the recruit, coach, and/or admin should not happen.

Why is Coach Jewett upset? Did the admin approve credits then rescind credits? Or was Coach Jewett hoping the admin would take enough credits and didn't?
I'm sure he thought the kid would have been accepted or else he wouldn't have signed him. I believe he's learning Tulane isn't Vandy and never will be especially with non baseball issues. I'm guessing coach probably left it to our admin to handle it. That may work at Vandy but not Tulane. The bad thing is that the Tulane coach has to spend more time outside of baseball itself to get things done then all of his peers have to do. I know for a fact that Rick Jones personally sat with every dean of every school and went over each and every transfer credit to make sure his kids got in. He had to battle many times with those professors to get credits accepted if you don't you won't have the great success we've come to expect after Rick Jones. You have to take it upon yourself to personally see that everything associated with your program gets done. Otherwise you're at your own peril with our administration.
Tulane Class of 1981
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

tpstulane wrote:
McWave wrote:"Tulane didn't accept enough of his credits so he's going elsewhere."

I'm sure he thought the kid would have been accepted or else he wouldn't have signed him. I believe he's learning Tulane isn't Vandy and never will be especially with non baseball issues. I'm guessing coach probably left it to our admin to handle it. That may work at Vandy but not Tulane. The bad thing is that the Tulane coach has to spend more time outside of baseball itself to get things done then all of his peers have to do. I know for a fact that Rick Jones personally sat with every dean of every school and went over each and every transfer credit to make sure his kids got in. He had to battle many times with those professors to get credits accepted if you don't you won't have the great success we've come to expect after Rick Jones. You have to take it upon yourself to personally see that everything associated with your program gets done. Otherwise you're at your own peril with our administration.
we get a new president and a new ad and same results. Are they just cashing their check, or they are helping make the place better than they found it?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RollWaveRoll wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

we get a new president and a new ad and same results. Are they just cashing their check, or they are helping make the place better than they found it?

New Prez...new AD.....and same dumb asses from the 60's or their clones, in charge behind the scenes
Last edited by golfnut69 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Two issues are getting confused in this discussion: Was the kid accepted is one issue. Were all of his credits (or at least those that were expected to be accepted) accepted is a separate issue. THIS IS NOT UNIQUE TO TULANE. I have a family member that had the same issue, not related to sports, in Florida. I have friends kids that have this issue in CT with a state run JUCO that's specifically geared towards letting kids spend 2 years paying reduced JUCO tuition and fees and then two years full tuition at UConn. I also know of a number of kids that are athletes that had this issue pop up at schools ranging from Marist, ECU, San Diego State and UVa. Understand that some JUCO classes simply don't suffice for University level credits. It's not just a Tulane Administration problem. A University cannot simply say "ok, you can have 4 credit hours for basketweaving management". Their accreditation is on the line.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Why would anyone be confused? I posted clearly that Tulane didn't accept enough of his credits so he's going elsewhere. He was less than 4 credit hours short and it was from Northwestern State not his JC. He had 96 hours completed, he needed Tulane to accept 78 hours they accepted 74 hours and so he was 4 hours short of admission. He signed a NLI and was preparing for his move to New Orleans. He only found out in the last few days it took he, his family and our coaches by surprise. Takes way too long for this process. This kid was lucky to find a school this late in the game. And it's terrible that coach Jewett loses a kid he was counting on this late in the game. School starts in one month and we still don't know many of our recruits yet and I get why.
I just happened to have a connection in this case. No telling how many other JC recruits this has happened to that we may never know about.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Why would anyone be confused? I posted clearly that Tulane didn't accept enough of his credits so he's going elsewhere. He was less than 4 credit hours short and it was from Northwestern State not his JC.He had 96 hours completed, he needed Tulane to accept 78 hours they accepted 74 hours and so he was 4 hours short of admission. He signed a NLI and was preparing for his move to New Orleans. He only found out in the last few days it took he, his family and our coaches by surprise. Takes way too long for this process. This kid was lucky to find a school this late in the game. And it's terrible that coach Jewett loses a kid he was counting on this late in the game. School starts in one month and we still don't know many of our recruits yet and I get why.
I just happened to have a connection in this case. No telling how many other JC recruits this has happened to that we may never know about.
I know a kid very well that had this happen at Penn State. He was going to be their placekicker. Greenwich HS failed to get his final transcript out in time and his scholarship was withdrawn because he couldn't enroll in time due to NCAA clearinghouse issues. The BOA in Greenwich had this problem with about 30-40% of it's graduating Seniors that year, and due to mandated summer shutdowns, didn't resolve the issue until August. The family sued the town of Greenwich (one of the most affluent towns in the country) and won a 6 figure judgement.

Tim, you've been very clear, but other posts talk about the kid not being accpeted, which wasn't the case.
McWave
High Tide

"Why would anyone be confused?" TPS

"I'm sure he thought the kid would have been accepted or else he wouldn't have signed him." TPS

"He had 96 hours completed, he needed Tulane to accept 78 hours they accepted 74 hours and so he was 4 hours short of admission." TPS

Not exactly crystal clear to me. TJ "thought the kid would have been accepted" but "he needed Tulane to accept 78 hours they accepted 74 hours and so he was 4 hours short of admission".

"Short of admission" sounds like he was not admitted by the TU admissions office. But I maybe wrong.

on another note, I read where RJ followed these admission progressions closely. Kodos! to RJ for doing what was needed to be done to get the job done! I gain increased respect for Coach Jones every day!

I also recall others state TU did not allow JC transfers to any significant (numbers) extent in the past. So how often did RJ have to work with admissions on JC transfers? If I recall most RJ players were high school signees. Some notables were other D1 transfers.

No response required.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Plain and simple: He's not going to Tulane because of someone's decision that one 4 hour course didn't meet the so-called Tulane equivalent.
Tulane Class of 1981
galvezwave
Swell

Not convinced we'll see Tulane baseball back to the level we Used to enjoy. Many factors. AC will probably end up thanking Dannon for the no hire.
McWave
High Tide

I think I got it now....the recruit was accepted with 74 credits. That was not acceptable to the recruit. The recruit wanted 78 credits accepted. So he will be accepting an offer somewhere else. End of story. thank you.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

galvezwave wrote:Not convinced we'll see Tulane baseball back to the level we Used to enjoy. Many factors. AC will probably end up thanking Dannon for the no hire.
I agree, though I think it has a lot less to do with JUCO credits transferring and other admissions/credits issues than it does the cost of a Tulane education, other scholarship money available (see the thread about 11.7 scholarships, let's not re-hash all that!) and the change in NCAA rules requiring transfers to sit a year. Remember, our best team ever was lead by a transfer from GaTech that was (IMHO) by far the best player on the team and possibly ever to suit up in a Tulane baseball uniform. Under today's rules, Micah Owings probably doesn't consider coming to Tulane. Without him that team was a good team, but far from a #1 seed. That team probably wouldn't have made it to the CWS without him.
arkhou02
High Tide

My son transferred from Texas to Tulane. He was denied 9 hours of credit in Math. Texas is a top 60 school in the world. I asked Tulane if they were teaching some sort of Math that was unknown to mankind. No reply. It is so ridiculous, but it puts extra money in the coffers.