Football Recruiting 2018

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Ruski
Swell

https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/status ... 6190801921 https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/status ... 2730409984 https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/status ... 9236689920

Ruski
Swell

James is rated as a three-star prospect, according to 247Sports, and becomes Tulane's seventh commitment for the Class of 2018. James is now Tulane's highest-ranked 2018 commitment and he's considered Louisiana's No. 4 defensive tackle among those going into their senior year, according to the 247Sports composite rankings.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote:
James is rated as a three-star prospect, according to 247Sports, and becomes Tulane's seventh commitment for the Class of 2018. James is now Tulane's highest-ranked 2018 commitment and he's considered Louisiana's No. 4 defensive tackle among those going into their senior year, according to the 247Sports composite rankings.
https://articles.nola.com/tulane/index. ... ckle_j.amp
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
Ruski wrote:
https://articles.nola.com/tulane/index. ... ckle_j.amp
What a GREAT pickup by Fritz. Once again shows that Fritz is working his magic and recruiting in-state recruits. This is also a major pick-up because as Win and others have noted, we are going to be hurting on the D-line next season.
Ruski
Swell

This class has the potential to be excellent. Really impressed by the staffs ability to turn it around recruiting wise. Seems they're targeting better rated talent and have quickly built local relationships.
JerseyWave
Riptide

I am without a doubt 100% convinced that Fritz knows what he is doing in every aspect as Head Coach. He knows how to run a winning program, he knows Xs and Os, and finally he had to learn the recruiting game in Louisiana and at Tulane.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JerseyWave wrote:I am without a doubt 100% convinced that Fritz knows what he is doing in every aspect as Head Coach. He knows how to run a winning program, he knows Xs and Os, and finally he had to learn the recruiting game in Louisiana and at Tulane.
No doubt. If our QB position comes through we'll be ok.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Aberzombie1892
Swell

tpstulane wrote:No doubt. If our QB position comes through we'll be ok.
Well, that and the OL. If the OL and QB positions operate at the top half of the AAC and the defense doesn't regress too much without Smart/Marley, Tulane should hit a bowl game, however, it seems unlikely that that will be the case at this point in time.
Jaxwave
Swell

Seen this movie before. I'll withhold judgement until signing day.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:No doubt. If our QB position comes through we'll be ok.
Well, that and the OL. If the OL and QB positions operate at the top half of the AAC and the defense doesn't regress too much without Smart/Marley, Tulane should hit a bowl game, however, it seems unlikely that that will be the case at this point in time.
Come on Azer, have some faith in Fritz. To date, he hasn't given us any signs that he doesn't know how to turn around our program. I am extremely bullish on Fritz getting us 6 wins this coming season, but that might change depending on Camp reports and how our lineman are progressing. However, I am still expecting us to improve from 4 wins to a minimum of 5, but keeping my hopes up for at least 6 with the Fritz year 2 effect. Roll DAMN Wave!
RobertM320
Green Wave

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Footba ... erence=AAC

Latest conf recruiting rankings. I'm not concerned about the position, because a lot of that is based on sheer numbers of players committed. But as far as quality of recruit, our average ranking is second only to Cincinnati. There's something to be said for that.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
galvezwave
Swell

I've been a Tulane fan for 45 years. I know in my head that we will probably suck. Because we're Tulane and that's what we do. But i honestly feel a different kind of momentum building. It's a slow , deliberate build up by a coach that I truly believe knows what to do and how. Kind of exciting, guard still up
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

galvezwave wrote:I've been a Tulane fan for 45 years. I know in my head that we will probably suck. Because we're Tulane and that's what we do. But i honestly feel a different kind of momentum building. It's a slow , deliberate build up by a coach that I truly believe knows what to do and how. Kind of exciting, guard still up
I agree with you Galvez and that's what happens when we have a real professional head coach that has the backing of the President and AD. It's a slow process, but I really do believe Fritz is turning around our fortunes. Like I have said in my other posts about people complaining about Fritz, the man just needs time to work and so far he has done all the right moves and corrected areas where we were lacking. Things are looking up for the mean greenies. Happy Friday and ROLL DAMN WAVE!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Reminds me of the Larry Smith years, which coincided with my 4 years in school. 2-9,3-8,4-7, then 9-2 and ranked and held their own with Penn State in the Liberty Bowl. That foundation is why Vince Gibson had two winning seasons after that.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Ruski
Swell

https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 5764574208
Ruski
Swell

Recruiting class is currently ranked 85. The highest CJ ever got was 77. If WF can get this one down to about 75/70, we'll know the Greenies have really turned a corner.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Ruski wrote:Recruiting class is currently ranked 85. The highest CJ ever got was 77. If WF can get this one down to about 75/70, we'll know the Greenies have really turned a corner.
Main reason for that is the lack of total numbers. Same reason that Stanford is ranked #80, Oregon State #82, and USF #93. At this stage its better to look at the average recruit rating, and we're at 83.08. To put that in perspective, last year we were 78.55 and the highest we've been since the ratings started was 80.03 in 2010. We're usually in the mid 79 range. If this recruiting class ends up even with an 81 average, we'll have had the highest rated class in the past decade and a half. Ratings go back to 2002.

Edit: They also havent added Joshua Quiett or Charlie Ryan yet, and neither is rated. More than likely they'll bring that average down some.
Ruski
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
Ruski wrote:Recruiting class is currently ranked 85. The highest CJ ever got was 77. If WF can get this one down to about 75/70, we'll know the Greenies have really turned a corner.
Main reason for that is the lack of total numbers. Same reason that Stanford is ranked #80, Oregon State #82, and USF #93. At this stage its better to look at the average recruit rating, and we're at 83.08. To put that in perspective, last year we were 78.55 and the highest we've been since the ratings started was 80.03 in 2010. We're usually in the mid 79 range. If this recruiting class ends up even with an 81 average, we'll have had the highest rated class in the past decade and a half. Ratings go back to 2002.

Edit: They also havent added Joshua Quiett or Charlie Ryan yet, and neither is rated. More than likely they'll bring that average down some.
You're right. Alabama is currently #53.

If we end up in the 81-83 average, we'll be somewhere between #50 and #75 overall, depending on class size. That would be a considerable improvement.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Ruski wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

If we end up in the 81-83 average, we'll be somewhere between #50 and #75 overall, depending on class size. That would be a considerable improvement.
I think with the type of system we are running, it's more about personnel than stars rating. I also find it strange that Mr. Ryan isn't rated when his offer list is if not the same than greater than half the guys that have given us a verbal so far. I support Fritz 100% until he shows me otherwise and so far he's said and done all the right things to Show Me he's moving our program in the right direction. I trust Fritz so much that I renewed my tickets and decided to move to the Home side premium seats. ROLL DAMN WAVE!
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
Ruski wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

I think with the type of system we are running, it's more about personnel than stars rating. I also find it strange that Mr. Ryan isn't rated when his offer list is if not the same than greater than half the guys that have given us a verbal so far. I support Fritz 100% until he shows me otherwise and so far he's said and done all the right things to Show Me he's moving our program in the right direction. I trust Fritz so much that I renewed my tickets and decided to move to the Home side premium seats. ROLL DAMN WAVE!
GPS, now that you've upgraded your tickets, will I still be able to hit you up for a game this year? lol
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
Ruski wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

GPS, now that you've upgraded your tickets, will I still be able to hit you up for a game this year? lol
Absolutely! Same as every year, If me or my buddy can't go I will give them to whoever wants to go from these boards :)
Ruski
Swell

I know when recruits post "The University of Tulane" it pisses alot of people off. Well look at what one of our targets posted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://twitter.com/__keezyy/status/887458129440583680 I wish the kid well and I'm sure he's plenty intelligent but mannnnnn, had me rolling!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I guess you're laughing at him adding "The". I have no problem and would actually be impressed if a recruit said he was committing to "THE Tulane University of Louisiana". That's our name. "The Tulane University" isn't bad, either. But "The University of Tulane" is simply wrong. Just as any University calling itself "The University of Louisiana" is wrong, without including the campus location.

And by the way, as much as we'd love to have the recruit, Harvard University is a life changing place. Tulane is a great school, but assuming you make it through and don't isolate yourself, Harvard opens doors in many, many places. Good choice young man.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !