JP France

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18015
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:08 am

McWave wrote:TPS, thanks for the info.

I have only located some seriously stringent science curriculums for this one year option. Here's a few of the one year programs, medical genetics, cell & molecular biology, microbiology and immunology, etc. There is a summer 2018 (inception) one year program targeted for business. The requirements for the one year programs do not seem to parallel JP's Homeland Securities Studies major. MSU probably has more options for graduate studies. Plus these courses have limited acceptance and entrance requirements. MSU is a good option for JP. why not accept that.

If you believe $25K to get an advance degree in something you have not expressed any interest in is cheap, then I'll pass your name along to the development department.
He's your Friday night starter. That would qualify him for a large amount of baseball scholarship money. Point being he didn't leave because of tuition.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
McWave
Low Tide
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:45 am
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:24 am

I get he would have been an asset. I would have enjoyed him staying. But does he want to attend advanced sciences classes for next 10 months and will he pass them? He has his degree in the field of study he wants. He's following the dream now at the place which give his the best chance to accomplish that in his mind. He's got the next 40 years covered...its about next year or so now.

So, DP didn't recruit because Jake used up all the scholies and when scholies were freed up and offered to recruits (2016) DP took all the better recruits to Texas and left TJ with what was left.....and TJ's is a horrible coach because he didn't make a regional. Ok I got it. I understand now. Thanks.

Maybe LSU should allow some more two run sac bunts and they could win in all. OSU is the perfect team to execute that plan. In fact let me clue JT in so we can win it all next year...thanks again. Just because it happens does not make it acceptable. I think LSU more than makes up for the lack of concentration in talent. Take a look at the recent MLB draft...I know the draft means nothing.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18015
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:49 am

By the way JP was offered fulls to all the other schools that were in the discussion.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
McWave
Low Tide
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:45 am
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:56 am

OK ..... Great news. Then $$ was not in the way. He made the best "baseball" choice in his mind. I can not say it any louder... I am happy for him. Same holds for Grant if any of those schools offer him a similar opportunity.
Pepper
Surge
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:37 pm

and the hits keep on coming.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
User avatar
chain gang x man
Swell
Posts: 1051
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:11 pm

McWave wrote:OK ..... Great news. Then $$ was not in the way. He made the best "baseball" choice in his mind. I can not say it any louder... I am happy for him. Same holds for Grant if any of those schools offer him a similar opportunity.
JP's ambition is to take a shot at MLB and if it doesn't work out he would like to coach
He probably feels his best shot is with Ms St where the coach has MLB contacts and he can improve in next years draft
Pepper
Surge
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:22 pm

JP's ambition is to take a shot at MLB and if it doesn't work out he would like to coach
He probably feels his best shot is with Ms St where the coach has MLB contacts and he can improve in next years draft[/quote]


If he wants to coach, I know who won't hire him!
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12648
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:35 pm

Show Me wrote:Crickets from winwave I see.
Actually this is what started it. There was no need for it. No need at all but for you to express your hate.
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
McWave
Low Tide
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:45 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:08 am

Then I guess a one year masters curriculum in medical genetics really would not make sense. I am glad JP is where he wants to be. Good for him.
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2898
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:42 am

winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:Crickets from winwave I see.
Actually this is what started it. There was no need for it. No need at all but for you to express your hate.
Sorry you took it that way. I wasn't hating only messing with you. I know sometimes it's hard to get the intent of what is typed in a message. But I was looking forward to getting your take on JP. Especially leaving Tulane and going to play for AC. Had he went to LSU that really would have been mind blowing.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18015
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:06 am

phpBB [video]
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12648
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:10 am

It was old news . We were all hoping he would get drafted and start chasing his dream. We also knew if he didn't he wasn't coming back and would likely land at Texas or MSU based on connections. Be honest this was more about the continuation of the bashing of the program plain and simple. It also was done with bad intent. You say in one sentence you were messing with me but then in another saying you wanted my take. At that point not many had posted on the topic b/c they knew the real intent of it and are just worn out by it. Minor sports are now over with. We have moved on to the major sports and Grambling is next up.
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2898
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:16 am

winwave wrote:It was old news . We were all hoping he would get drafted and start chasing his dream. We also knew if he didn't he wasn't coming back and would likely land at Texas or MSU based on connections. Be honest this was more about the continuation of the bashing of the program plain and simple. It also was done with bad intent. You say in one sentence you were messing with me but then in another saying you wanted my take. At that point not many had posted on the topic b/c they knew the real intent of it and are just worn out by it. Minor sports are now over with. We have moved on to the major sports and Grambling is next up.
Im still waiting for the day Tulane football becomes major again. "Show Me".
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12648
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:20 am

We all are.
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2898
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 am

winwave wrote:We all are.
So true.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12648
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:45 am

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:We all are.
So true.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hopefully one day soon we can share some cold ones over that happening.
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:21 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:58 pm

winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:We all are.
So true.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hopefully one day soon we can share some cold ones over that happening.
Will never happen. That's my biggest peave with this AD. He's dumping all of our money Into football at the expense of ruining our top 25 brand of baseball. Only thing he's going to accomplish is destroying our baseball program and maybe if he has the right coach we will go to a bowl game here and there. That's what this AD will always be known for regardless of what happens....his legacy is that he hates baseball.

Vanderbilt is in the sec and they still can't compete in football. we may make a bowl game every few years or so but his AD is going to destroy our baseball to achieve it. Hope I'm wrong.
Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1742
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:14 pm

RollWaveRoll wrote:
winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:We all are.
So true.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hopefully one day soon we can share some cold ones over that happening.
Will never happen. That's my biggest peave with this AD. He's dumping all of our money Into football at the expense of ruining our top 25 brand of baseball. Only thing he's going to accomplish is destroying our baseball program and maybe if he has the right coach we will go to a bowl game here and there. That's what this AD will always be known for regardless of what happens....his legacy is that he hates baseball.

Vanderbilt is in the sec and they still can't compete in football. we may make a bowl game every few years or so but his AD is going to destroy our baseball to achieve it. Hope I'm wrong.
A few short years ago, Vanderbilt was a monster in football under James Franklin (finished '12 and '13 seasons in top 25), and their current coach, Derek Mason, had Vanderbilt very close to breaking through last year (6 regular season losses, but only 1 of those 6 losses was by more than 9 points = GaTech).
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:21 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:39 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:
winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:We all are.
So true.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hopefully one day soon we can share some cold ones over that happening.
Will never happen. That's my biggest peave with this AD. He's dumping all of our money Into football at the expense of ruining our top 25 brand of baseball. Only thing he's going to accomplish is destroying our baseball program and maybe if he has the right coach we will go to a bowl game here and there. That's what this AD will always be known for regardless of what happens....his legacy is that he hates baseball.

Vanderbilt is in the sec and they still can't compete in football. we may make a bowl game every few years or so but his AD is going to destroy our baseball to achieve it. Hope I'm wrong.
A few short years ago, Vanderbilt was a monster in football under James Franklin (finished '12 and '13 seasons in top 25), and their current coach, Derek Mason, had Vanderbilt very close to breaking through last year (6 regular season losses, but only 1 of those 6 losses was by more than 9 points = GaTech).
exactly my point, we may have a year or two but it is not sustainable. Their is a reason Tcu and vandy make baseball there brand....they have a powerhouse factory going as we once did and still should have if we had admin we need.
nowave
Ripple
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:49 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:48 pm

RollWaveRoll wrote:
winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:We all are.
So true.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hopefully one day soon we can share some cold ones over that happening.
Will never happen. That's my biggest peave with this AD. He's dumping all of our money Into football at the expense of ruining our top 25 brand of baseball. Only thing he's going to accomplish is destroying our baseball program and maybe if he has the right coach we will go to a bowl game here and there. That's what this AD will always be known for regardless of what happens....his legacy is that he hates baseball.

Vanderbilt is in the sec and they still can't compete in football. we may make a bowl game every few years or so but his AD is going to destroy our baseball to achieve it. Hope I'm wrong.
+10000

tulane could be a career job for the right coach, like rick jones. if football or mens basketball has a strong year those coaches will be hired immediately by a p5 school and then we are back to the drawing board. and I think we can all agree that dannens hiring practices have been highly questionable at best.

ill be the happiest person in the world if football and mens basketball achieve maintained success. but if they dont and the efforts to do so come at the detriment of the regularly-succesful baseball program then heads should roll.
Bearwave
High Tide
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:34 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:12 pm

RollWaveRoll wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:
winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:We all are.
So true.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hopefully one day soon we can share some cold ones over that happening.
Will never happen. That's my biggest peave with this AD. He's dumping all of our money Into football at the expense of ruining our top 25 brand of baseball. Only thing he's going to accomplish is destroying our baseball program and maybe if he has the right coach we will go to a bowl game here and there. That's what this AD will always be known for regardless of what happens....his legacy is that he hates baseball.

Vanderbilt is in the sec and they still can't compete in football. we may make a bowl game every few years or so but his AD is going to destroy our baseball to achieve it. Hope I'm wrong.
A few short years ago, Vanderbilt was a monster in football under James Franklin (finished '12 and '13 seasons in top 25), and their current coach, Derek Mason, had Vanderbilt very close to breaking through last year (6 regular season losses, but only 1 of those 6 losses was by more than 9 points = GaTech).
exactly my point, we may have a year or two but it is not sustainable. Their is a reason Tcu and vandy make baseball there brand....they have a powerhouse factory going as we once did and still should have if we had admin we need.

TCU is pretty damned good in football too. They're not baseball only
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:21 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:27 pm

Bearwave wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:
winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:We all are.
So true.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hopefully one day soon we can share some cold ones over that happening.
Will never happen. That's my biggest peave with this AD. He's dumping all of our money Into football at the expense of ruining our top 25 brand of baseball. Only thing he's going to accomplish is destroying our baseball program and maybe if he has the right coach we will go to a bowl game here and there. That's what this AD will always be known for regardless of what happens....his legacy is that he hates baseball.

Vanderbilt is in the sec and they still can't compete in football. we may make a bowl game every few years or so but his AD is going to destroy our baseball to achieve it. Hope I'm wrong.
A few short years ago, Vanderbilt was a monster in football under James Franklin (finished '12 and '13 seasons in top 25), and their current coach, Derek Mason, had Vanderbilt very close to breaking through last year (6 regular season losses, but only 1 of those 6 losses was by more than 9 points = GaTech).
exactly my point, we may have a year or two but it is not sustainable. Their is a reason Tcu and vandy make baseball there brand....they have a powerhouse factory going as we once did and still should have if we had admin we need.

TCU is pretty damned good in football too. They're not baseball only
TCU AD del conte stated this week during CWS "football is our enterprise but baseball is our brand". On a side note , tcu was 6-7 last year and 4-5 In big 12.
Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1742
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:02 pm

RollWaveRoll wrote:
Bearwave wrote:
TCU is pretty damned good in football too. They're not baseball only
TCU AD del conte stated this week during CWS "football is our enterprise but baseball is our brand". On a side note , tcu was 6-7 last year and 4-5 In big 12.
TCU was 6-7 last year, but it was 11-2 the year before and 12-1 the year before that, and Vegas puts TCU's over/under at 8 this year.
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:21 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:23 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:
Bearwave wrote:
TCU is pretty damned good in football too. They're not baseball only
TCU AD del conte stated this week during CWS "football is our enterprise but baseball is our brand". On a side note , tcu was 6-7 last year and 4-5 In big 12.
TCU was 6-7 last year, but it was 11-2 the year before and 12-1 the year before that, and Vegas puts TCU's over/under at 8 this year.
I didn't say they were bad, but they're not some powerhouse. They've had 2 losing seasons since joining big 12 5 years ago and was 1 game away from having a 3rd yr. would be great to get those results.....but they didn't ignore baseball program to get it like our ad is. They should be our model.
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6625
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Oh, that we were tied at the hip with TCU!
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
Post Reply