Tulane Sailing coming back

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
puffy
Surge

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:I don't get it. Why not fix Football, Basketball, and Baseball before adding another sport to suck at. Why sailing and why now?
A donor stepped up to fully fund it. It's going to be a club sport until 2018. So I suppose it won't cost the athletic dept anything. Title IX I assume forced it.
"Sailing...."...Christopher Cross to be named the "Coach"
https://youtu.be/VMkIuKXwmlU

Show Me
Tsunami

Cheap A$$ Tulane. Bring in a real sport like women's soccer or softball.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote:Cheap A$$ Tulane. Bring in a real sport like women's soccer or softball.
Tulane would then have to find a place to play both of those sports...Yulman's field is not large enough for soccer, a we all know they ain't playin softball at Turchin
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Just got word that Tulane is adding Sailing as it's 17th sport.
2015 story on Tulane Sailing as a Club Sport.
http://www.sailingworld.com/college-sai ... university
Wow, I can't wait to see what our sailing team will accomplish. We have such a great place for practicing and holding regattas and it sounds like they have some new 420s to sail around. Hopefully we can get this program supported and turn them into a champion! Reminds me of my high school days racing in 420s in New England.
When I was at Tulane, the Club team was ranked among the top 20, sometimes top 10 in the nation (Club teams and Varsity teams were in the same poll.) They beat Navy! They were damned good, and mostly Sailors from the Northeast, many of whom sailed competitively at Tabor Academy in Marion, Mass.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Just got word that Tulane is adding Sailing as it's 17th sport.
2015 story on Tulane Sailing as a Club Sport.
http://www.sailingworld.com/college-sai ... university
Wow, I can't wait to see what our sailing team will accomplish. We have such a great place for practicing and holding regattas and it sounds like they have some new 420s to sail around. Hopefully we can get this program supported and turn them into a champion! Reminds me of my high school days racing in 420s in New England.
When I was at Tulane, the Club team was ranked among the top 20, sometimes top 10 in the nation (Club teams and Varsity teams were in the same poll.) They beat Navy! They were damned good, and mostly Sailors from the Northeast, many of whom sailed competitively at Tabor Academy in Marion, Mass.
"Roll Wave" takes on a whole new meaning !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Robert1969
Riptide

Show Me wrote:Cheap A$$ Tulane. Bring in a real sport like women's soccer or softball.
Women's soccer and softball would be great. Also, I think men's soccer would be awesoe as well.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Fully endowed and counts towards our Title IX issues:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 6a86e.html

Could mean Men's Golf comes back.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DrBox
Riptide

Paid for by a donor and people complain. Honestly.....
Wave QB
Swell

puffy wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:I don't get it. Why not fix Football, Basketball, and Baseball before adding another sport to suck at. Why sailing and why now?
A donor stepped up to fully fund it. It's going to be a club sport until 2018. So I suppose it won't cost the athletic dept anything. Title IX I assume forced it.
"Sailing...."...Christopher Cross to be named the "Coach"
https://youtu.be/VMkIuKXwmlU

Lol. Dammit I love that song.

I love softball too.
AugWave
Swell

Has Tulane ever had a legit Lacrosse team?
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
ajcalhoun
Swell

AugWave wrote:Has Tulane ever had a legit Lacrosse team?
I don't think we ever have and I don't think we ever will either. Too many men's scholarships that would have to be matched by women's scholarships plus no other teams nearby so travel costs would be quite expensive.
God Bless Everyone!