Truth about stacking-Finally

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
McWave
High Tide

TPS says "He (schloss/TCU) has more resources. Trust me." Please let us in on the secret formula. If you know what it is. This way we could ask the right questions of the administration when the opportunities arise.

nowave
Ripple

it wouldnt surprise me if Dannen sent these responses for winwave to post. in his eyes no one seems smarter than him which is exactly how i felt about dannen during the few times I interacted with him.

listen, baseball is being left in the dust because of the lack of support from the school, and now, the administration. all dannen wants is to pour money into football and mens bball to turn them around so he in turn can be viewed as an asset to a p5 school himself. but if im a school president at a p5 school and im looking at his resume I would like to know what he did to continue to grow tulanes greatest athletic asset.

so far, hes failed miserably.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

McWave wrote:TPS says "He (schloss/TCU) has more resources. Trust me." Please let us in on the secret formula. If you know what it is. This way we could ask the right questions of the administration when the opportunities arise.
Tulane and TCU are in very different places.

1. Tulane as a whole has operated at annual net loss since hurricane Katrina and there is no evidence that the net loss has abated.
2. TCUs endowment is $250M+ larger than Tulane's.
3. TCU doesn't commit ~1/3 of its endowment proceeds to a medical school each year while TCU is doing so well that its creating a medical school with UNT.
4. TCUs athletic department revenue - which is not limited to tv money - is leagues above Tulane's.
5. TCU has a 3,000 fewer students than Tulane.
6. Tulane has much more annual revenue than TCU, but its liabilities more than make up for that difference.
Etc.

The long and the short of it is that TCU has a notably larger endowment, smaller enrollment, fewer relative liabilities, more revenue dedicated to athletics and it didn't have to experience the effects of Katrina. Assuming that alumni don't pick up the tab by donating a lot more money, is there any way that Tulane can fix this? Yes, but that means cutting programs/enrollment. That being said, it's not as though Tulane hasn't made significant efforts to rectify its financial situation, but it's just not enough.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

McWave wrote:TPS says "He (schloss/TCU) has more resources. Trust me." Please let us in on the secret formula. If you know what it is. This way we could ask the right questions of the administration when the opportunities arise.
No secret formula. When he asks he receives. Baseball is prioritized over there. He turned down Texas to stay at TCU. Thats all you need to know. There's only one job that he'd leave for and it wouldn't because of better support or money.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RollWaveRoll wrote:
winwave wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:I'm still waiting for a link winwave. You keep saying jewett said this and that, well, show us.

Here are the facts:

Tulane has done nothing to help ease the burden while other univeristies have and have passed us by. Minority scholarships are easy, and cheap ,put the green backers in charge of that and they help set it up and donate the time and do whatever they need to do to make it work and up and running. So many baseball fans would donate all sorts of time.

Winwave, the aid provided by tulane for stacking is non existent. Might as well tell them to keep it. Hence the reason every coach says they can't stack....well probably because tulane doesn't give them any aid to stack with our baseball scholly, even if they qualify.

Tcu has a great forward thinking supportive admin. We were light years ahead of them just 10 years ago. They've since joined 2 new conferences and have reached p5 status. And now they have lapped us and running circles around our administration.

When schlossnagle took that job, he was mocked, no one wanted that job and I mean literally no one. Now they have brand new everything, state of the art facilities, they've dumped 50 million into baseball facilities alone in last 10 years. When he got there, Nichols state had better facilities. That's the truth. That was only in 2005 too. He basically uses all 11.7 on pitching only and all position players are walkons.

While our administration keeps saying we just built Yall brand new stadium a decade ago. We have done nothing anything since. Our baseball locker rooms are some of the worst and our cages are too. UH, ecu, usf, and now ucf are constantly adding baseball facilities with uh building a state of the art project right now along with ucf and many others. While our admin keeps pointing at our stadium from 2008. Well wheres our new baseball cages? Where's our baseball locker rooms that other admins are giving their programs. I don't see any cranes around the stadium.

No minority scholarships despite Pierce and jones begging for them....I mean practically begging, they were down on their freaking knees. It makes me sick even talking about it. Especially when we have guys like you saying all they're doing is making excuses and they need to make do , we do tons for them. That's a load of bs. Admin doesn't do anything for them.

And then you have guys on here like winwave who say all we do is make excuses and we have everything we need and our admin is doing great. Give me an effing break. Our admin hasn't done 1 thing to help our program.....not one and I'm sick and tired of people coming on here saying we have everything and our admin is doing a ton. Well "Show me" too. I'd love to see one thing they've done to help. I've had enough of this. Only thing I've seen done in last 10 years is new turf that was required by ncaa to get because of injuries and it being too old. Remember when the Baltimore Ravens walked on it for 5 seconds and said hell no we are not practicing on this stuff....and they moved locations.?

On a side note, Matt braud was a great contributor and helped the team out any way he could. As much as jake Rogers caught all those years, he caught the exact same amount jake did, just did it from them pen and no one saw or gave him credit. But his team sure gave him the credit because they knew the work he put in. Hats off to him.

It's unfortunate he lost his scholly and the family had to pay all that money, but he's not the only one that has to pay that money, they all have to pay that money to play at Tulane. You can thank the admin on that for not helping. It's expensive and baseball gets no help. They couldn't even fly to the game in California this year. Hell country and Willsey were both paying 60k/yr plus many many more.

Willsey was a big time commit and had offers to coastal, bc, uconn, etc and he was one of many walkons but actually he was offered 50% or something I heard, and the story goes when Rick jones called to offer him that on phone, he said coach Jones, thank you for the offer I love it at tulane and I commit to the program....but I want to let you know one thing, you can keep the 50% scholarship and give it to some players who really and truly need it. I just want to be apart of this class and help get the place back on track. Rick jones told me that story this past winter in nola. Plus many many more. Just to think this admin spurned him when he got inducted....so sad.

It's so sad our admin does nothing for baseball and acts like they do. And then they send their cronies on here to tell us to be quiet and quit making excuses. We have plenty and we all just need to be satisfied.
The link is the rule zombie posted. Our current coach says we do stack. We aren't as generous as others b/c of the difference in endowments. We all want more aid but it doesn't appear its coming.

TCU getting in a P5 had NOTHING to do with baseball.

I never said we have what we need. In fact I have said over and over I wish we had more. I even pointed out that we have lost our advantage now that others have passed us by facility wise. I have certainly never said the administration is great.

As for Willsey Rick told me that his father is very rich and they could keep the scholarship.

You should know what your talking about before posting.
Winwave, you know absolutely nothing when it comes to the baseball program in comparison to many of the posters on here...yet you come on here acting like you are the gods gift of answers and you know best and everyone else doesn't know anything because you are on some committee. Several Greenbackers post on here have told you such, and you argue like you know more then them, and they've literally been to every baseball game the last 20+ years and know all these people personally and know the ins and outs better than anyone.

Your line of thinking is in tune with the admins line of thinking which is in tune with our results...don't you get it? Our results are the reflections of our admins decision and their way of thinking...and that is your way of thinking...and it shows on the field/court/diamond/sand court/slash everywhere. You and the admins knows best mentality are the reason tulane athletics is in the position its in. Practically every poster has told you such, and you and admin are just too naive to realize its yalls fault i guess. Its our admins job to give the coaches and programs everything they need to succeed and yet they do nothing and expect better results.

You should know what you are talking about before you post. The reason you are on the committee is because you march to their step and say yes yes you're correct sir to everything they say. I'm also still waiting for you to post the link for me. K thanks.
Thanks again for proving you are an emotional wreck that has no clue to everybody here and the other site. I have been going to the baseball games for over 50 years s and they were free. I was one of the first People kicked off the other site for calling out the administration for the lack of support. Only an ignorant fool would believe the very childish and petty TURVS and show me when they say I'm tight with Dannen. He the wouldn't know me if he saw me. In fact it's your buddy show me that said the program had all the resources it needs when I said we had been passed by. But enough of that wasting my time on an ignorant fool like you.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

nowave wrote:it wouldnt surprise me if Dannen sent these responses for winwave to post. in his eyes no one seems smarter than him which is exactly how i felt about dannen during the few times I interacted with him.

listen, baseball is being left in the dust because of the lack of support from the school, and now, the administration. all dannen wants is to pour money into football and mens bball to turn them around so he in turn can be viewed as an asset to a p5 school himself. but if im a school president at a p5 school and im looking at his resume I would like to know what he did to continue to grow tulanes greatest athletic asset.

That makes you as ignorant as Rollwave.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nowave
Ripple

winwave wrote:
nowave wrote:it wouldnt surprise me if Dannen sent these responses for winwave to post. in his eyes no one seems smarter than him which is exactly how i felt about dannen during the few times I interacted with him.

please show me a link that proves that, troy.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jewett's quote is on the Rivals site. Pay for a subscription and read it for yourself. All I did was point out that our fans had been lied to for years by being told Tulane refused to give need based aid w/baseball money. Turns out it is an NCAA rule. Tulane does allow stacking they just aren't as generous as others nor as generous as we want them to be. I am also the one who said the program no longer is ahead of the game w/regards to others when it comes to facilities. It's clear you don't read the entirety of things and have no clue as to what you are talking about.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:Jewett's quote is on the Rivals site. Pay for a subscription and read it for yourself. All I did was point out that our fans had been lied to for years by being told Tulane refused to give need based aid w/baseball money. Turns out it is an NCAA rule. Tulane does allow stacking they just aren't as generous as others nor as generous as we want them to be. I am also the one who said the program no longer is ahead of the game w/regards to others when it comes to facilities. It's clear you don't read the entirety of things and have no clue as to what you are talking about.
Give us the pay link. Otherwise it's Fake News. Post a screenshot.
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

winwave wrote:

Everyone is ignorant but you. Ok we get it. I'll just assume there is no link.