Andy Cannizaro

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Show Me
Tsunami

sader24 wrote:Please don't remind me how stupid we are.
I'm sorry. I'll wait until Sat June 17 when Miss St opens up the CWS to remind everyone once again.

ajcalhoun
Swell

sader24 wrote:Please don't remind me how stupid we are.
Oh, you think it hurts now. Wait 'til he takes the LSU job when Manieri leaves.
God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bored here waiting on the weather delay. Someone just sent me this:
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/spor ... 101535482/
What has made this season so compelling is that Mississippi State, which won the SEC last year but had 10 players sign MLB contracts, wasn’t expected to be this good. Certainly not before the season, when the Bulldogs were predicted to finish fourth in the SEC West. Definitely not during the early portion of the year, including when Arkansas swept them in the Bulldogs’ first SEC series. Even now, Mississippi State’s tendency to win games despite the odds stacking up against them — they own a higher team ERA (4.69) in conference games than their opponents (4.63), for example — continues to defy logic.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm sure Andy would have the Wave at 33-10 and a lock to host a regional. Too bad it's a PIPEDREAM.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:I'm sure Andy would have the Wave at 33-10 and a lock to host a regional. Too bad it's a PIPEDREAM.
He's getting massive overachievement at Miss St for sure.
I also heard Andy had a commit for the #1 pitcher in the country. Definitely a bad PIPEDREAM that may go on for years.
Tulane Class of 1981
msdos
Swell

It's not a pipe dream

It's a missed opportunity
winwave
Top of the WAVE

When it comes to baseball Tulane will always have multiple qualified candidates for the job unlike the football and basketball jobs. Jewett may turn out to be a terrible hire or he may right the ship. Andy may or may not turn out to be a great coach over the long haul. The fact is he has lost to Marist and Morehead State. He got swept by Arkansas to start SEC play. He has only two series wins over SEC teams that have winning conference records. One was Kentucky at Miss. St.. Kentucky is prolific at home but so-so on the road. He also beat A&M. He just lost a series to a bad Georgia team. It's much too early to canonize him.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bearwave
High Tide

Considering what he took over in mid fall, a team that lost 10 players to the draft and 7 returning pitchers out with injuries for the year I'd say he's coached his ass off to get to this point.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bottom line our Tulane baseball grads that were passed on:
Andy has Miss St at #25 RPI
Matt has SELA at #27 RPI
http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2017/rpi-live
Tulane Class of 1981
Bearwave
High Tide

tpstulane wrote:Bottom line our Tulane baseball grads that were passed on:
Matt has SELA at #27 RPI

And Pierce's Horns are at #23! :shock:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bearwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Bottom line our Tulane baseball grads that were passed on:
Matt has SELA at #27 RPI

And Pierce's Horns are at #23! :shock:
And Kingston's Bulls are at #19 8-)
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bottom line is it's too early to anoint or crucify anyone.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
chain gang x man
Swell

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:Mainieri still irked over circumstances of Andy leaving
https://twitter.com/rossdellenger/statu ... 8960198657
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... cf.html?55
Wow bad blood. I will watch every one of those games this weekend.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

In case anybody was wondering he got swept at home by an LSwho team that all here have agreed isn't up to par w/past LSU teams.
Profoundwizard
Swell

I never agreed on that and just because some posters here agree on something doesn't necessarily make it so. LSU won the SEC and probably locked up a national seed. LSU was a much more talented team than Miss State
Show Me
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote:I never agreed on that and just because some posters here agree on something doesn't necessarily make it so. LSU won the SEC and probably locked up a national seed. LSU was a much more talented team than Miss State
Talent or not as much as I hate to say this LSU is the hottest team in the country right now. They always seem to peak at the right time. Their weekend pitching has been outstanding and their hitting and defense has also been outstanding. They will be a national seed and will likely end up in Omaha once again. Hopefully Cannizaro gets there as well and gets revenge and knocks them out. Congrats winwave for your team getting the sweep.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:I never agreed on that and just because some posters here agree on something doesn't necessarily make it so. LSU won the SEC and probably locked up a national seed. LSU was a much more talented team than Miss State
Talent or not as much as I hate to say this LSU is the hottest team in the country right now. They always seem to peak at the right time. Their weekend pitching has been outstanding and their hitting and defense has also been outstanding. They will be a national seed and will likely end up in Omaha once again. Hopefully Cannizaro gets there as well and gets revenge and knocks them out. Congrats winwave for your team getting the sweep.
Tulane only won 2 out of three this weekend. Sorry your team got swept.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Congrats to a great Hall of Fame Greenie!
Year one HC getting to a Super Regional.
Miss St pulls off the DH road sweep of USM to advance to the BR Super Regional.
Tough draw facing LSU currently the hottest team in the country.
Oh what could have been for Tulane baseball.
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

But he wasn't ready... Needed to get some small time head coaching job or something like that.
God Dannen fucked this up.
msdos
Swell

It's not beating a dead horse. This is a colossal fuck up that deserves an explanation.
Andy was our coach in waiting and would have been her far longer than Dannen.
Bearwave
High Tide

tpstulane wrote:Congrats to a great Hall of Fame Greenie!
Year one HC getting to a Super Regional.
Miss St pulls off the DH road sweep of USM to advance to the BR Super Regional.
Tough draw facing LSU currently the hottest team in the country.
Oh what could have been for Tulane baseball.

Doing all that with only 7 healthy pitchers (and many aren't that good) but he has them playing confident and aggressive baseball. But hey, he doesn't have experience and it's hard to get rid of coaches with deep ties, blah blah blah.
Show Me
Tsunami

msdos wrote:It's not beating a dead horse. This is a colossal f**k up that deserves an explanation.
Andy was our coach in waiting and would have been her far longer than Dannen.
Absolutely. One for the books. As a lifetime Tulane baseball fan passing on a Cannizaro will haunt me and many forever. The biggest slam dunk hire since Rich Rod. Dannen refused to take advice from knowledgeable baseball people. Instead he went outside of the most successful program at Tulane and hired someone else. Sad thing in 3 years Dannen or Jewett or both won't be around here but we will still be. It's really tough to watch these things happen year after year at Tulane under different AD's. I'm convinced it's the Tulane Board that's the one constant. I'm willing to give Dannen a chance but he's 0-3 on his 3 men's sport hires so far. He really botched not hiring Cannizaro or Riser. Lord forbid if AC gets to the CWS in year 1.
Jaxwave
Swell

I too would have offered the job to Cannizaro, but seeing as the Miss St job opened in November, he had had previous conversations with the Miss St people behind the scenes and expressed reservations during the hiring process about the ability to recruit at Tulane, does anybody think he might have jumped ship from Tulane before having coached a game?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote:I too would have offered the job to Cannizaro, but seeing as the Miss St job opened in November, he had had previous conversations with the Miss St people behind the scenes and expressed reservations during the hiring process about the ability to recruit at Tulane, does anybody think he might have jumped ship from Tulane before having coached a game?
Not a chance. Tulane was his dream job. He grew up on our field. His dad was a Tulane assistant coach. He's a Tulane alum. His brother played here. He's a Tulane Hall of Famer. Perhaps the greatest player ever to play here. Was a special breed. Would have been the second coming of Rick Jones. Just funny how many non baseball people said he wasn't ready to be a HC at Tulane yet. . Had to go prove himself at a small school first then maybe. I had to laugh when I read that BS. The same will be saying he'd had left Tulane in a minute for a better job. They obviously don't know Andy.
He has a brilliant baseball IQ. He thinks 3 plays ahead of most. Paul Mainieri sat next to him at an Italian American awards banquet and was so impressed he hired AC the first chance he could. The Miss AD didn't even need to interview him. He already knew. Schlossnagle wanted to hire him as well. What could have been. It's really frustrating to be a Tulane fan. I just can't tell you. Always one step forward 3 steps backwards.
Tulane Class of 1981