For what's it worth and ....Less

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Troy and Travis asked me post this so we would stop talking about baseball

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2710 ... l-for-2017

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jaxwave
Swell

That whole article just totally baffled me.
Bearwave
High Tide

That was some good comic relief. OU will score no less than 50 on this defense. With zero offense the defense will be gassed by the middle of the third quarter evert game.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
lurker123
Swell

Bearwave wrote:That was some good comic relief. OU will score no less than 50 on this defense. With zero offense the defense will be gassed by the middle of the third quarter evert game.
Again no problem with too much self-esteem around here. At least the poster's name reflects accurately his views. Do you sell stocks short too or just the team you say you root for before practice even starts?

BTW: I'll take Tulane and 50 against OU. You name the amount. Loser pays the Green Wave Club.
ajcalhoun
Swell

lurker123 wrote:
Bearwave wrote:That was some good comic relief. OU will score no less than 50 on this defense. With zero offense the defense will be gassed by the middle of the third quarter evert game.
Again no problem with too much self-esteem around here. At least the poster's name reflects accurately his views. Do you sell stocks short too or just the team you say you root for before practice even starts?

BTW: I'll take Tulane and 50 against OU. You name the amount. Loser pays the Green Wave Club.
That's not quite the same bet. Lurker is saying OU will score 50, not win by 50.
God Bless Everyone!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

First of you have to consider the source. They're the same ones that said Yulman was one of the best stadiums in the country. They like to get looks by saying off the wall things. As for our D I'd feel a lot better about it if I thought Zach Harris could stay healthy. The history says that's not going to happen. I'd also feel better if I thought Marbley could play at his best week in and week out. That hasn't happened yet. Then last but certainly not least NIckersons knee went out again the last week of spring. Take him out of the picture and it would really change everything. Overall I think it will be able to compete w/everybody on the schedule except for OU. They're the only unbeatable on this schedule.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote:
lurker123 wrote:

That's not quite the same bet. Lurker is saying OU will score 50, not win by 50.
AJ I think you meant to say Bearwave where you said lurker.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
ajcalhoun
Swell

winwave wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
lurker123 wrote:

AJ I think you meant to say Bearwave where you said lurker.
You are correct, sir. My apologies to all offended. :cheers:
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:First of you have to consider the source. They're the same ones that said Yulman was one of the best stadiums in the country. They like to get looks by saying off the wall things. As for our D I'd feel a lot better about it if I thought Zach Harris could stay healthy. The history says that's not going to happen. I'd also feel better if I thought Marbley could play at his best week in and week out. That hasn't happened yet. Then last but certainly not least NIckersons knee went out again the last week of spring. Take him out of the picture and it would really change everything. Overall I think it will be able to compete w/everybody on the schedule except for OU. They're the only unbeatable on this schedule.

have to remember TD and TJ asked that this " article " be posted, so they could do a little " side stepping "....I think they both, before accepting the Tulane job, read Huey Long's instructional book on how to fool "all of the people all of the time".....although I think there were amendment's to the book by Edwin Edwards, who published the "Cliff Notes" version !
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:First of you have to consider the source. They're the same ones that said Yulman was one of the best stadiums in the country. They like to get looks by saying off the wall things. As for our D I'd feel a lot better about it if I thought Zach Harris could stay healthy. The history says that's not going to happen. I'd also feel better if I thought Marbley could play at his best week in and week out. That hasn't happened yet. Then last but certainly not least NIckersons knee went out again the last week of spring. Take him out of the picture and it would really change everything. Overall I think it will be able to compete w/everybody on the schedule except for OU. They're the only unbeatable on this schedule.

have to remember TD and TJ asked that this " article " be posted, so they could do a little " side stepping "....I think they both, before accepting the Tulane job, read Huey Long's instructional book on how to fool "all of the people all of the time".....although I think there were amendment's to the book by Edwin Edwards, who published the "Cliff Notes" version !
I thought somehow Anna Nicole Smith was going to be mentioned in this piece, man was I disappointed..
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

I thought somehow Anna Nicole Smith was going to be mentioned in this piece, man was I disappointed..
At present, Tulane would settle for Rhonda Shear...."Up All Night' !!!!
msdos
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote:
OU will probably win by 50
wave97
Swell

We're going to need help with some of the young interior d-lineman entering into the rotation. Without help Sean, Eldrick & Braynon won't be able to hold up. If that happens it'll turn into a track meet right before your eyes. We'll have some very good players at other positions, but it won't matter.
We play Navy the week before Oklahoma? Our d-lineman will have spent a good part of Summer Camp & the preceding week executing a two-gap to stop the bone. I hope we have some athletically gifted young lineman who can play a disruptive one-gap technique against the OU o-line.
Last edited by wave97 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I hear you on the D-line. We need Williams to step up. That's why I am concerned w/out LB play and DB play. If healthy those units could be improved and help the D-line out.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

msdos wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
OU will probably win by 50
When the game was announced, I predicted the line would be OU -35. When Fritz was named coach, I hoped we would be vastly improved by the time this game rolled around. Hasn't happened. I'll stick with OU and lay the 35 points.

BTW: Some of bemoaned the fact that we "only" were able to dress 59 players for our last few games last November. Yes, that's not a lot for a college team, but it's 12 more than an NFL team dresses every week.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Aberzombie1892
Swell

and Bob Stoops just retired. So maybe there's a chance?

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday ... 102597330/

EDIT - with Lincoln Riley to take over. Houston could have gotten him but passed.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote:and Bob Stoops just retired. So maybe there's a chance?

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday ... 102597330/

EDIT - with Lincoln Riley to take over. Houston could have gotten him but passed.

from ESPN
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ma-sooners

OKC Newspaper
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... nLVTZAg4qg

Sporting News
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... AKkY9Tortg

I would guess TCU's Sonny Cumbie will be asked to become the OC...but I think TCU will try to block all efforts
RobertM320
Green Wave

ajcalhoun wrote:
lurker123 wrote:

He does also say we have "zero" offense, so I think its pretty much the same bet.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson