Grambling finishes ranked

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Grambling finished #15 in the final FCS poll. Their coach has done a good job of reviving them.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:Grambling finished #15 in the final FCS poll. Their coach has done a good job of reviving them.
Yep. Still in all we can't afford to lose to them next season. It would be devastating.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:Grambling finished #15 in the final FCS poll. Their coach has done a good job of reviving them.
Yep. Still in all we can't afford to lose to them next season. It would be devastating.
It would be devastating. At the same time, I think we'd be double digit underdogs to a few of the very top teams in FCS. And I'd lay the points were we playing any of the semi-finalists (JMU, NDSU, E.Washington or Youngstown State.) You can no longer rest on the fact that Tulane has never lost to a D1AA (FCS) program. There are a few that are clearly stronger than we are right now, and would probably put a beating on us. They aren't in the bottom half of the FCS top 25; this backs your point, Tim. A loss to Grambling would be devastating.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
It would be devastating. At the same time, I think we'd be double digit underdogs to a few of the very top teams in FCS. And I'd lay the points were we playing any of the semi-finalists (JMU, NDSU, E.Washington or Youngstown State.) You can no longer rest on the fact that Tulane has never lost to a D1AA (FCS) program. There are a few that are clearly stronger than we are right now, and would probably put a beating on us. They aren't in the bottom half of the FCS top 25; this backs your point, Tim. A loss to Grambling would be devastating.
I agree. But mostly because we can't afford to lose to a Louisiana FCS program.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
No doubt. We need to win in convincing fashion by three scores or more. The team just needs to be aware and not take it for granted after what we did to Southern this season.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave QB
Swell

Grambling had Arizona down 21-3 at halftime before their starting QB, (Ole Miss transfer D. Kincade) got hurt. They lost 31-21 after giving the ball away 5 times in the second half. After that, they ran the table as expected. Grambling, (just like SLU in our last meeting), loaded up on FBS transfers last year.

Credit to their coach Broderick Fobbs for bring them back to their winning ways in the FCS world. I still don't think we lose this one.
Eaglewave
Swell

Kincade is a F'n beast at QB. He would have easily started here or plenty of FBS programs. Even the Ole Miss folks bragged about his QB IQ, however, he won't have the depth chart to beat us or give us a close game. Their coach has done a great job in bringing the back from the small college powehouse dead, but he doesn't have a good record vs non SWAC opponents. In fact, the SWAC doesn't win outside of the SWAC let alone beat FBS programs. Just like I promised y'all vs SLU a few years ago when every was scared, we are going to blow Grambling away early. Fritz won't allow this one to be close.
Last edited by Eaglewave on Sat May 27, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ball Sumrall!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Although I think there's a small group of FCS teams that would blow out our Green Wave, Grambling is not one of them. I don't care if they were ranked, they don't have the OL and DL talent that NDSU, E. Washington, Youngstown State and JMU have. Those four programs fielded teams this past season that will probably see 25 players combined playing on Sundays. And the Champion JMU Dukes are returning a huge core, not to mention one of the best up and coming coaches in D1.
Eaglewave
Swell

DfromCT wrote:Although I think there's a small group of FCS teams that would blow out our Green Wave, Grambling is not one of them. I don't care if they were ranked, they don't have the OL and DL talent that NDSU, E. Washington, Youngstown State and JMU have. Those four programs fielded teams this past season that will probably see 25 players combined playing on Sundays. And the Champion JMU Dukes are returning a huge core, not to mention one of the best up and coming coaches in D1.
Don't get it twisted, they do have some talent. The had a FBS transfer boom last year that contributed to the near Arizona upset and their 12-1 season. I don't see them beating anyone of those teams above, but they do have some talent. Will they beat us? Heck no. Will it be a close game? Nope. Fritz should pound the ground on Grambling and force them to use their depth chart in the trenches. The best QB will be in a Grambling helmet, but it never matters when your depth chart just doesn't compare to a FBS program. Look for Grambling to make a few good play in a 3 or 4 TD defeat.
Ball Sumrall!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Eaglewave wrote: Don't get it twisted, they do have some talent. The had a FBS transfer boom last year that contributed to the near Arizona upset and their 12-1 season. I don't see them beating anyone of those teams above, but they do have some talent. Will they beat us? Heck no. Will it be a close game? Nope. Fritz should pound the ground on Grambling and force them to use their depth chart in the trenches. The best QB will be in a Grambling helmet, but it never matters when your depth chart just doesn't compare to a FBS program. Look for Grambling to make a few good play in a 3 or 4 TD defeat.
I think we have the same assessment of Grambling, Eagle. I never said they didn't have talented players, just not the likes of the top 4 or 5 FCS teams. IMHO, the very top of the FCS would beat the bottom 1/3 of FBS 75% of the time.
ajcalhoun
Swell

I'm not saying we'll lose to Grambling, but we didn't we only suit up 59 players at the end of the season last year? I wouldn't count on us "out-depth-ing" anyone.

That said, I still think we win easily, just because of D1 talent vs. FCS talent starting.
God Bless Everyone!
Eaglewave
Swell

Wow. Grambling had a WR drafted in the 3rd round this year. Impressive. I might have to take their talent more serious after what I saw from our spring game. Lol.
Ball Sumrall!
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Grambling just signed an Oregon State transfer. At this point, it's arguably unclear which team has a better roster - Tulane or Grambling. What is clear, however, is that Tulane would have an incredible team if it had DeVante Kincade.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports ... 101159080/
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote:Grambling just signed an Oregon State transfer. At this point, it's arguably unclear which team has a better roster - Tulane or Grambling. What is clear, however, is that Tulane would have an incredible team if it had DeVante Kincade.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports ... 101159080/
I don't know about that. They graduated a slew of transfer players that lead them last year. Getting guys that were not going to see the field in P5 programs, unlike the team they had last year, is NOT making their roster better than ours.

Make no mistake, there is potential for our first ever FCS loss here. But the Grambling roster isn't what it was a year ago. And there's a handful of teams in FCS that are hands down better than Tulane. Grambling is not one of them. But it is only a matter of time before we lose to an FCS team. This might be the game that the streak ends, but there's no comparison between Grambling and the top FCS schools which clearly ARE better than we are.
Wave QB
Swell

This kid will be playing for the "G-Men" this year as well. I remember when Nick Saban was hot on this kid.

https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... -recruit-0
Eaglewave
Swell

Wave QB wrote:This kid will be playing for the "G-Men" this year as well. I remember when Nick Saban was hot on this kid.

He will get smashed by a FBS defensive front. You need to stop panicking like you did vs SLU.
Last edited by Eaglewave on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Eaglewave wrote:
Wave QB wrote:This kid will be playing for the "G-Men" this year as well. I remember when Nick Saban was hot on this kid.

He will get smashed by a FCS defensive front. You need to stop panicking before you get board like you did vs SLU.
Eagle you meant to say FBS front. We are FBS . They are FCS.
Eaglewave
Swell

winwave wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:

He will get smashed by a FCS defensive front. You need to stop panicking before you get board like you did vs SLU.
Eagle you meant to say FBS front. We are FBS . They are FCS.
Auto text mistake. Thanks.
Ball Sumrall!
Wave QB
Swell

Eaglewave wrote:

He will get smashed by a FBS defensive front. You need to stop panicking like you did vs SLU.
Not panicking at all. I am just putting it out that Grambling is back to being a good FCS program and the best thing the SWAC has to over in this era.
Wave QB
Swell

Keeyon Smart just transferred to Grambling.
Eaglewave
Swell

K Smart? Grambling has been getting some Green Wave "woulda coulda" kids like Edward Williams and Dedrick Shy. They all had the size and talent to be all AAC players, but weren't focused academically. They thought Tulane was going to be a "we are on the football team" pass to professors. Sorry fellas, not here.

At the end of the day, Grambling is nothing more that a "pay pal" for tickets in Yulman. Just as Southern, Grambling will bring fans hoping to witness a FBS upset and their band will put on a good show. However, Grambling is a FCS program with a FCS roster and a FCS depth chart. There are a list of FCS opponent who worry me, but Tulane will never face them. Tulane will never lose to a SWAC program. Those teams never look good outside of their conference. Aruna is going to sling that Ole Miss transfer at QB all over the city on opening day once he blows past that FCS offensive line.

Hey Wave QB, I am worried about Oklahoma, not Grambling.
Ball Sumrall!
Wave QB
Swell

Eaglewave,

We can go back and forth until kickoff, but Grambling isn't as bad as you think. They also have a very good head coach in Broderick Fobbs. He is 25-2 in the SWAC so far and had Arizona on the ropes last year.
Wave QB
Swell

I just saw that Grambling has won their consecutive conference title. Congratulations to them. After we beat them, they beat Northwestern State and started a 11 game tear. Respect to their head coach Broderick Fobbs.