2017 AAC Baseball Championship Clearwater Fla

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Show Me
Tsunami

Forever TU wrote:Jewett has our guys focused so far
:roll:

chain gang x man
Swell

Has Jewett given up on Montalbano?
The kid worked his ass off rehabbing his ankle to get back to help the team
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

About sums up our year. Wave falls 7-6 to an inferior team.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
chain gang x man
Swell

We go with a freshman pitcher and freshman pinch hitter
Leaving a senior pitcher and senior pinch hitter on the bench
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:We go with a freshman pitcher and freshman pinch hitter
Leaving a senior pitcher and senior pinch hitter on the bench
Saw that. A head scratcher for sure.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ok, I know this will get blasted, but so be it. But I think at some point during the year Jewett decided to play for next year and not this year. Maybe Dannen gave him a pass on his first year. Next year's team will have a TON of guys that haven't played at this level. I hope Dannen hasn't give him a three year pass. If so, I'll be bitching and moaning with the whole group. We need to win, and win NOW.

JtL, don't bother. FU.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Profoundwizard
Swell

DfromCT wrote:Ok, I know this will get blasted, but so be it. But I think at some point during the year Jewett decided to play for next year and not this year. Maybe Dannen gave him a pass on his first year. Next year's team will have a TON of guys that haven't played at this level. I hope Dannen hasn't give him a three year pass. If so, I'll be bitching and moaning with the whole group. We need to win, and win NOW.

JtL, don't bother. FU.
What does that mean? How did he play for next year by starting all seniors everyday? How did he play for next year when next year's key contributors aren't even on this team? Almost all of the young guys on this team right now wont be here next year. He was trying to win. He just didn't do a good job of it.

Why would Dannen have given him a pass for this year? That doesn't even make any sense.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ECU crushed #1 UCF 14-3. So we will be facing an angry UCF team tomorrow at 11am in the elimination game if the weather holds up.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game will be free on the American Digital Network.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Memphis leads Cincy 2-1 Bot 1st.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Dandy Don called....he is getting his vocal cords in shape..." 'Turn out the lights......
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

6-3 Memphis leads Bot 4th
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Cincy now up 9-8 top 7
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

14-11 Cincy up. A wild one. Bot 7.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Just got word our game today has been postponed until tomorrow at 10am CT.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

1) If we had won on Thursday we would have been the #3 seed and played a Cinci team that just lost their coach. Resting Merrill backfired, more rust than rest.

2) Runner at first no outs, CJ decides to put on the old softball square to bunt and swing away with our #9 hitter. Had or two best hitters coming up next.
Doesn't mean the game would have been different, but I think getting a lead is key. Just another strange decision.

3) You absolutely hit Montalbano.

4) Nice national TV interview CJ, didn't embarrass us in the least, you know. His interviews remind me of Dickson not wearing a tie, not the end of the world but very annoying and unprofessional.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Final 15-14 Memphis wins a wild one in the bottom of the 10th. Winner of our 10am CT game tomorrow will face Memphis in an elimination game.
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Final 15-14 Memphis wins a wild one in the bottom of the 10th. Winner of our 10am CT game tomorrow will face Memphis in an elimination game.
I thought Memphis was on the other side of the bracket
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:1) If we had won on Thursday we would have been the #3 seed and played a Cinci team that just lost their coach. Resting Merrill backfired, more rust than rest.

2) Runner at first no outs, CJ decides to put on the old softball square to bunt and swing away with our #9 hitter. Had or two best hitters coming up next.
Doesn't mean the game would have been different, but I think getting a lead is key. Just another strange decision.

4) Nice national TV interview CJ, didn't embarrass us in the least, you know. His interviews remind me of Dickson not wearing a tie, not the end of the world but very annoying and unprofessional.
Agree with your take there for the most part. The rust v. rest comes from the announcers who don't follow this team at all. Anyone who does knows that Merrill needed the rest. As one poster here who is close to the team said he had a very sore arm and needed the rest. He hasn't been that good late in the season b/c he was wearing down. The real mistake was not resting France in the Memphis series. He has been our best pitcher down the stretch. He should have been saved and pitched game one. It was critical for us to win the first one and he clearly gave us the best chance.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:1) If we had won on Thursday we would have been the #3 seed and played a Cinci team that just lost their coach. Resting Merrill backfired, more rust than rest.

Agree with your take there for the most part. The rust v. rest comes from the announcers who don't follow this team at all. Anyone who does knows that Merrill needed the rest. As one poster here who is close to the team said he had a very sore arm and needed the rest. He hasn't been that good late in the season b/c he was wearing down. The real mistake was not resting France in the Memphis series. He has been our best pitcher down the stretch. He should have been saved and pitched game one. It was critical for us to win the first one and he clearly gave us the best chance.
I suppose it is a bit of Monday morning QBing, but France certainly should have been the game 1 starter. With our staff it is going to be nearly impossible to win this thing from the losers bracket.
Bearwave
High Tide

Nearly? Thanks for a good laugh.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:
winwave wrote:

I suppose it is a bit of Monday morning QBing, but France certainly should have been the game 1 starter. With our staff it is going to be nearly impossible to win this thing from the losers bracket.
Not really Monday morning QB'ing. Many of us had said that beforehand.
BC Wave
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Final 15-14 Memphis wins a wild one in the bottom of the 10th. Winner of our 10am CT game tomorrow will face Memphis in an elimination game.
They are.

Winner of UCF - TU plays loser of ECU - USF

Winner of that game must beat ECU - USF winner twice
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

BC Wave wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
They are.

Winner of UCF - TU plays loser of ECU - USF

Winner of that game must beat ECU - USF winner twice
That's correct. I knew that. Was posting while driving thinking ahead. Shhhh
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote:
Yes. My bad. Thinking ahead.
Tulane Class of 1981