Yulman Stadium (Benson Field)

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Still waiting for a letter of apology from Scott Cowen for hiring Chris Scelfo over RR, 15 years of Rick Dickson, and the 2003 review.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Somebody needs to add jerk to the Cowen Circle signs. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:Somebody needs to add jerk to the Cowen Circle signs. :mrgreen:
Is that sign still hanging ?...Damn, the students head to Lee Circle to protest , yet they allow this criminals name to be associated with their university...and to think, they are the future of this country...good thing I am old !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tulanesally/14463710701
Here's a visual template for anyone handy with sheet metal:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote:https://www.flickr.com/photos/tulanesally/14463710701
Here's a visual template for anyone handy with sheet metal:
Scott and Marge are only missing two things....A Blindfold and a Cigarette....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

New MLS team in Atlanta will play their inaugural season at Georgia Tech's downtown football stadium. A pro soccer team (either MLS or the next level down) would work really well in NOLA. The MLS season goes from about February to Oct so many games could be played with the students gone. Pipe dream I know. In fact I heard RD say on the radio that the stadium is not wide enough for soccer, brilliant planning.
OUG
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote:New MLS team in Atlanta will play their inaugural season at Georgia Tech's downtown football stadium. A pro soccer team (either MLS or the next level down) would work really well in NOLA. The MLS season goes from about February to Oct so many games could be played with the students gone. Pipe dream I know. In fact I heard RD say on the radio that the stadium is not wide enough for soccer, brilliant planning.
We can't even get one HS game a year due to nimby issues, and you're talking about an MLS season.

Yulman stadium could be Stamford Bridge and a pro soccer team would never play a game there.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

OUG wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:New MLS team in Atlanta will play their inaugural season at Georgia Tech's downtown football stadium. A pro soccer team (either MLS or the next level down) would work really well in NOLA. The MLS season goes from about February to Oct so many games could be played with the students gone. Pipe dream I know. In fact I heard RD say on the radio that the stadium is not wide enough for soccer, brilliant planning.
We can't even get one HS game a year due to nimby issues, and you're talking about an MLS season.

Yulman stadium could be Stamford Bridge and a pro soccer team would never play a game there.
NIMBYs would probably prefer the MLS crowd over the high school kids.

My point was only that other urban schools do it, just another data point for TD to start bringing in other revenue streams.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
OUG wrote:

My point was only that other urban schools do it, just another data point for TD to start bringing in other revenue streams.
MBA, just curious do you live in Nola? There are many reasons why Nola won't be getting a pro soccer team any time soon.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... _exte.html
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

this just in...it would look one hell of a lot better if the morons at Tulane would lose the megaphone...looks like we are at "Cheer Camp"
https://twitter.com/TU_Dannen/status/864469459259535361
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Looks great. Nice change.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I don't think the megaphone looks bad at all. It's part of the historic "Angry Wave" logo. I'd rather he be carrying a football, but it's really not a big deal. I wonder if our getting away from the Crested T is trying to not be identified with Trump?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JerseyWave
Riptide

The Field Turf looks great but I hope that's not Dannen's idea of construction.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:I don't think the megaphone looks bad at all. It's part of the historic "Angry Wave" logo. I'd rather he be carrying a football, but it's really not a big deal. I wonder if our getting away from the Crested T is trying to not be identified with Trump?

It has absolutely nothing to do w/Trump and everything to do w/our change in branding that started well before the election results.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:I don't think the megaphone looks bad at all. It's part of the historic "Angry Wave" logo. I'd rather he be carrying a football, but it's really not a big deal. I wonder if our getting away from the Crested T is trying to not be identified with Trump?

It has absolutely nothing to do w/Trump and everything to do w/our change in branding that started well before the election results.
LOL some people take posts way too seriously. Dope!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:

Looks more like the bloated Hillary to me...and FYI I have drink glasses from the '70's the with the Angry Wave carrying a Football, not some cheerleader thing...another SNAFU for Tulane...and if you need to know what the WW2 term "SNAFU" means let me know
chain gang x man
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
OUG wrote:

St Aug did hold their scrimmage last Saturday in Yulman
Maybe a start
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:

Wanted to put a stop to it before it became a political thread.
Wave QB
Swell

I sure wish that Angry Wave carried a football or just a plain fist. It look like a cheerleading champions field.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave QB wrote:I sure wish that Angry Wave carried a football or just a plain fist. It look like a cheerleading champions field.
plus one from me...but then again, the fans had zero say, we just help pay their salaries
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
Wave QB wrote:I sure wish that Angry Wave carried a football or just a plain fist. It look like a cheerleading champions field.
plus one from me...but then again, the fans had zero say, we just help pay their salaries
A yes here as well. In the 1960's the logo reflected each sport. The megaphone was actually on the girl cheerleader outfits only. Nowhere else.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You have to have somewhere for it to say "Tulane." It ' s either the megaphone or a pennant and from a graphic design standpoint the megaphone remains in the central area and allows for a larger image.
God Bless Everyone!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. You have to have somewhere for it to say "Tulane." It ' s either the megaphone or a pennant and from a graphic design standpoint the megaphone remains in the central area and allows for a larger image.
\

Right. I too prefer the football but I get why they are using the megaphone.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. You have to have somewhere for it to say "Tulane." It ' s either the megaphone or a pennant and from a graphic design standpoint the megaphone remains in the central area and allows for a larger image.
\

Right. I too prefer the football but I get why they are using the megaphone.
with "Tulane"' plaster all over the stadium, on the front of jersey's , the teams score on the TV screen and U have to wonder where you are ?
Show Me
Tsunami

A pennant would be preferred. It represents all sports. A megaphone is strictly cheerleading.