Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

MicMan wrote:
Sweet Jesus that was an incredible waste of pixels.

god....Nebraska plays 7 homes games their only true road match up are at Oregon and Penn State...they do not play Michigan or Michigan State, they get OSU and Wisconsin at home...if they do not win 9 games ole Tanner and Riley need to be run out of Lincoln...but I have a feeling Arkansas State just might pull an upset of Sept 2nd....

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aberzombie1892
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
MicMan wrote:

god....Nebraska plays 7 homes games their only true road match up are at Oregon and Penn State...they do not play Michigan or Michigan State, they get OSU and Wisconsin at home...if they do not win 9 games ole Tanner and Riley need to be run out of Lincoln...but I have a feeling Arkansas State just might pull an upset of Sept 2nd....
Nebraska is likely to lose @Oregon, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and @Penn State games along with the possibility of losing to a Northwestern and/or @Minnesota. ESPN FPI pegs Nebraska as a borderline bowl eligible team, which doesn't seem unreasonable given how FPI works (i.e. doesn't predict performance of transfers that well), however, that being said, it would be shocking if they won less than 7 and shocking if they won more than 9 in the regular season.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/te ... &year=2017
lurker123
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
MicMan wrote:

If UN loses to the lesser ASU, break out the popcorn for the ensuing show. Maybe we can have an exacta and BYU takes out LSU?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Nebraska is likely to lose @Oregon, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and @Penn State games along with the possibility of losing to a Northwestern and/or @Minnesota. ESPN FPI pegs Nebraska as a borderline bowl eligible team, which doesn't seem unreasonable given how FPI works (i.e. doesn't predict performance of transfers that well), however, that being said, it would be shocking if they won less than 7 and shocking if they won more than 9 in the regular season.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/te ... &year=2017
I agree, Zombie! The floor is 7 wins, but I think the ceiling is 9. Below and Riley is on the hot seat. Above and he's coach of the year!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Nebraska fans can't get enough of TL.
Lee’s 11 touchdown passes from his 2015 season at Tulane, ranked and dissected.
https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebra ... ium=Social
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

"Nebraska fans"

also known as 'bugeaters,' to everyone else in the Big 10.
JerseyWave
Riptide

We should rank and dissect his Pick Sixes of which there were many.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

JerseyWave wrote:We should rank and dissect his Pick Sixes of which there were many.
I would watch a highlight reel of this.
Wave QB
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
MicMan wrote:

I don't see Arkansas State pulling out an upset. Nebraska has a pretty fun schedule this year. Tanner has a shot at taking on Ohio State at home with an unbeaten record if he has finally matured into a FBS quarterback. I have bashed the kid and he played for Tulane the way I predicted, but now I believe he will be a better QB. He has been around the college game long enough to work on his awareness and decision-making. I will be shocked if Tanner Lee is an INT machine. Good luck to him.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave QB wrote: I don't see Arkansas State pulling out an upset. Nebraska has a pretty fun schedule this year. Tanner has a shot at taking on Ohio State at home with an unbeaten record if he has finally matured into a FBS quarterback. I have bashed the kid and he played for Tulane the way I predicted, but now I believe he will be a better QB. He has been around the college game long enough to work on his awareness and decision-making. I will be shocked if Tanner Lee is an INT machine. Good luck to him.
I agree 100%. Had he stayed at Tulane, this would be his 5th year Senior year. Plus, he won't be playing behind Tulane's offensive line. Wish him the best and think that Nebraska wins 8-9 games this year.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:We should rank and dissect his Pick Sixes of which there were many.
I would watch a highlight reel of this.
and his driving skills !!!!

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2017 ... iver_index

stop the madness...not even a mention

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/post/_/ ... he-big-ten
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

Best toss ever!
phpBB [video]
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:Best toss ever!
phpBB [video]
Hilarious
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Who said he couldn't run the option? Nice pitch!
Wave QB
Swell

Looks like Tanner has be working on his release. I am looking forward in see him this year for the Huskers. After all of these years to grow up as a college quarterback, he really should be ready now. I didn't want to bash him at Tulane, but I knew he was green and needed time to learn the college defensive game and pocket awareness. He has been around, so now it's his year.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5WZeEQEgVGg
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Image
anything less than 10 wins and he and the complete staff will be run out of town...all things considered they have a very lite schedule, no Michigan, MSU..Ohio State at Home and only two tuff to win road games, Oregon and Minn....going to Purdue and Illinois is no that difficult...and GAWD help Tanner and Riley if they happen to lose to Northern Illinois or Arkansas State...I will predict now, that one of those two games will come down to a questionable Big 10 officials call in favor on Nebraska
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave QB wrote:Looks like Tanner has be working on his release. I am looking forward in see him this year for the Huskers. After all of these years to grow up as a college quarterback, he really should be ready now. I didn't want to bash him at Tulane, but I knew he was green and needed time to learn the college defensive game and pocket awareness. He has been around, so now it's his year.

His mechanics are the same as his sliding up into the pocket. He was young when he played here . He now has good coaching. He was as no longer wanted here so hopefully it works out for him there .
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote:
Wave QB wrote:Looks like Tanner has be working on his release. I am looking forward in see him this year for the Huskers. After all of these years to grow up as a college quarterback, he really should be ready now. I didn't want to bash him at Tulane, but I knew he was green and needed time to learn the college defensive game and pocket awareness. He has been around, so now it's his year.

His mechanics are the same as his sliding up into the pocket. He was young when he played here . He now has good coaching. He was as no longer wanted here so hopefully it works out for him there .
After watching his reps at the spring game, his mechanics look polished and his release looks a bit sharper. "Young" goes out of the window in your 3rd year in a program. Especially after given a much needed redshirt. I can't disagree with poor coaching hurting him, but that was the case with all of the QB's in the CJ era. (Along with a horrid offensive.) Right now, Tanner Lee looks like a grown man getting a shot to lead a P5 program. He always threw a good ball, but he wasn't ready to lead a FBS program and should not have started as a redshirt freshman for us.

Now, he has been around the game long enough to be able to showcase his skills by making better decisions. He is no longer green, and his awareneses really should be top notch after having 2 years of starting experience at the FBS level and 2 years of sitting on the sidelines learning two collegiate systems. Tanner is one of the "old guys" now. Nebraska doesn't have a killer schedule this year, so he really could make a statement early. I can't wait to see him because I really want to know how well he handled the heat after a complete 4 years.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We'll have to agree to disagree about his mechanics.They were the reason Neu was so high on him.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Looks like he's well liked by his teammates.
Funny stuff:
phpBB [video]
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree about his mechanics.They were the reason Neu was so high on him.
His size and his mechanics for a 1 year high school starter were what he was high on. That's actually the things I liked about Lee. Mechanics can be upgraded and polished. That's what I saw in the Nebraska spring game.

Looking forward to seeing him vs Arkansas State. Tanner can very well go into the Ohio State game undefeated this season if Nebraska's defense is clicking. The should have a pretty decent running game to help him out.
GreenLantern
Riptide

If jj were still an active participant on gotula.net, he would post this.

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote:If jj were still an active participant on gotula.net, he would post this.

who's afraid of dem Red Wolves... I hope the Kid goes 12-0 and is a first round draft choice...but OSU and Minnesota are going to be difficult...other than that their schedule reminds me of Iowas a few years ago when they did not play Michigan or OSU...so Tanner has a shot at getting 10 W's...if not, the off season is going to be brutal in Lincoln