Terri Sisk

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
MicMan
Swell

Nowave? fake poster.

greenphantom
Swell

MicMan wrote:Nowave? fake poster.
Jonathan 2.0?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

You have to remember that we have a lot of people with an agenda. Many people have been let go from a failing athletic department but some supposedly gave inside info. to people so they are pissed. What they really gave was the company spin so they could save their easy jobs.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:You have to remember that we have a lot of people with an agenda. Many people have been let go from a failing athletic department but some supposedly gave inside info. to people so they are pissed. What they really gave was the company spin so they could save their easy jobs.
:shock: Oh yea, how's that fan advisory your on? :lol:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's fine. Dannen briefly attended the second meeting. I never have contact with him individually. I have always made it a point not to try to be close to people in the department b/c I know they are just going to try and save their own hide. But thanks for outing yourself to all here. :lol: :lol: :lol:
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:It's fine. Dannen briefly attended the second meeting. I never have contact with him individually. I have always made it a point not to try to be close to people in the department b/c I know they are just going to try and save their own hide. But thanks for outing yourself to all here. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good enabler answer.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pathetic response. So everyone who volunteered their time for the committee and gets nothing in return is just a shill for the administration? You make a lot of ignorant post but your topping yourself here.
BC Wave
Swell

nowave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Sad day. Terri Sisk resigned today.
Why?
Not sure. This came out of left field for me.
Come on TPS you have to know that Dannen wants to bring in his own people. Stockton next.
You really think the AD wants to bring in his own Women's tennis coach? Really??
Apparently you don't know the ego of this man.
You know this how?
From large donors I'm friends with. Some of which are now ex-donors.
Have you ever met the man? I have not. But if you haven't, by definition, your assumptions are based upon hearsay.
former donor and longtime lurker here...finally drummed up the courage to speak my voice.

i have met this man on numerous occasions. never have i met someone more pompous and uninterested about anything other than himself.

hence, why i am a former donor.

i will not donate a penny as long as he is in charge. some may see that as detrimental to the success of the athletes, i see it as using my actions to speak out against this man.

seeing this news today does not surprise me in the slightest. dannen is everything that is wrong with college athletics.

best of luck to coach sisk and whatever she chooses to do. whatever that may be, she will immediately be in a better situation than what she is leaving.
So how much did you use to donate on an annual basis?

And what was it about Dickson that made you continue your annual donations through the years of complete mismanagement?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

LOL.
Show Me
Tsunami

BC Wave wrote:
nowave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Sad day. Terri Sisk resigned today.
Why?
Not sure. This came out of left field for me.
Come on TPS you have to know that Dannen wants to bring in his own people. Stockton next.
You really think the AD wants to bring in his own Women's tennis coach? Really??
Apparently you don't know the ego of this man.
You know this how?
From large donors I'm friends with. Some of which are now ex-donors.
Have you ever met the man? I have not. But if you haven't, by definition, your assumptions are based upon hearsay.
former donor and longtime lurker here...finally drummed up the courage to speak my voice.

i have met this man on numerous occasions. never have i met someone more pompous and uninterested about anything other than himself.

hence, why i am a former donor.

i will not donate a penny as long as he is in charge. some may see that as detrimental to the success of the athletes, i see it as using my actions to speak out against this man.

seeing this news today does not surprise me in the slightest. dannen is everything that is wrong with college athletics.

best of luck to coach sisk and whatever she chooses to do. whatever that may be, she will immediately be in a better situation than what she is leaving.
So how much did you use to donate on an annual basis?

And what was it about Dickson that made you continue your annual donations through the years of complete mismanagement?
I'll jump in. Probably the Same as you. Love of Tulane.
BC Wave
Swell

OK, I'll speak in real numbers:

I give $3,000 a year to the GWC which puts my family at coaches' corner level and Westfeldt Terrace level.

We have six season tickets for football, and two each for men's and women's basketball and baseball. Adding what my family contributes to booster clubs and our total contribution is over $7,000 per year. This is nearly 10% of our annual income.

Now I know this does not put us in a top tier level of giving. But it does show a significant contribution. Other than our church giving, Tulane is the largest recipient of our giving.

Please feel free to post what you give -- either past or present.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

BC Wave wrote:OK, I'll speak in real numbers:

I give $3,000 a year to the GWC which puts my family at coaches' corner level and Westfeldt Terrace level.

We have six season tickets for football, and two each for men's and women's basketball and baseball. Adding what my family contributes to booster clubs and our total contribution is over $7,000 per year. This is nearly 10% of our annual income.

Now I know this does not put us in a top tier level of giving. But it does show a significant contribution. Other than our church giving, Tulane is the largest recipient of our giving.

Please feel free to post what you give -- either past or present.
Great stuff BC. Don't forget to add the value of your volunteer work time at booster club events supporting Tulane Athletics. That won't show up directly in the donor column but it's also a valuable contribution.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
capwave
High Tide

I had no intention of posting on this topic, but after reading some of this I couldn't help but post from my experience. I am a nobody when it comes to donating to Tulane athletics. I have 4 season tickets in football and baseball and donate $1500 a year in order to get those tickets. With that being said, I dont know what type of AD Dannen will become at Tulane, time will tell, but he is a good man and not some egomaniac. I have met and spoke with him at length twice, had multiple email communications and had a 30 minute phone conversation with the man about the current state of Tulane baseball and basketball. He is a good man who wants the best for Tulane. Will he make all the right calls? Probably not, but anyone who post statements questioning this mans integrity doesnt have a clue as to what they are talking about.
DrBox
Riptide

Did I mention the schedule numbing this year? The kiss of death. Bottom line: no NCAAs in 10 years = time to move on.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote:Did I mention the schedule numbing this year? The kiss of death. Bottom line: no NCAAs in 10 years = time to move on.
Please don't mess up the agenda w/facts. :mrgreen:
Show Me
Tsunami

DrBox wrote:Did I mention the schedule numbing this year? The kiss of death. Bottom line: no NCAAs in 10 years = time to move on.
I'd be ok if that was the reason but he should come out and say that. Conroy was not retained for the same reasons but people knew that. IMO I believe Dannen will hire a tennis coach that's ok playing at City Park. He's not looking to spend any money on minor sports. One reason he hired Jewett because he was ok with the lack of scholarship money baseball receives. We'll have to see how well his recruiting classes rank. I think Sisk did as well as she could considering she has had no facilities to work with for the majority of her time here. She was 120-75 while here with no facilities.
lurker123
Swell

Show Me wrote:
I'd be ok if that was the reason but he should come out and say that. Conroy was not retained for the same reasons but people knew that. IMO I believe Dannen will hire a tennis coach that's ok playing at City Park. He's not looking to spend any money on minor sports. One reason he hired Jewett because he was ok with the lack of scholarship money baseball receives. We'll have to see how well his recruiting classes rank. I think Sisk did as well as she could considering she has had no facilities to work with for the majority of her time here. She was 120-75 while here with no facilities.
Again how do you know about Dannen's view on facilities and investments in minor sports? Do you think we should have Olympic Village on Airline before football ops on campus? BTW that was Dickson's position.

City Park tennis is nice but off campus. Just like the Super Dome for football. Just curious do you think Tulane sports would be better off with keeping Goldring or building Yulman? That decision was made pre-Dannen by an AD who was a tennis-playing nut.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RD's thinking was influenced by the number of tennis balls SC could jam up his ass...on campus venues are overrated, win and you could play anywhere and people will come ...hell The University of Texas Baseball and Softball fields are not on campus, they are about as from from central campus as the property in Jeff Parish...I know I am forced to go there when Texas tech is in town...hell some of the venues at Texas Tech might as well be off campus, they have the second largest land mass campus in the U.S. the same can be said about them..Yulman in it's current configuration is a liability in conference expansion discussions....as long as training facilities are on campus and close to the students, the playing site of a WINNING team is non relevant
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !