Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

This is meaningless - Nebraska's talent level is high enough and it's division is weak enough that - at the moment - it only needs a pro style game manager at QB to win 7-9 games, but, if Riley's Nebraska team doesn't win any big games this year, it seems likely that he won't be coaching there in 2018. In contrast, Tulane's talent level is low enough and it's division is strong enough that - at the moment - Tulane needs a quality dual threat signal caller to win 6+ games.

If Nebraska wins 7-9 games, it will prove nothing to no one, but, if Nebraska wins 10+ games with top 10 QBR or top 10 QB yardage, it just might prove something.

Eaglewave
Swell

I would have been very surprised if Tanner Lee would have not have had a big spring game against a second string defensive unit after all of this time in the collegiate ranks. I expect him to be a better QB now than he was for us. Nebraska doesn't have a tough schedule this year, so we should she Tanner in a Bowl Game if he is a different QB.
Ball Sumrall!
Eaglewave
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:This is meaningless - Nebraska's talent level is high enough and it's division is weak enough that - at the moment - it only needs a pro style game manager at QB to win 7-9 games, but, if Riley's Nebraska team doesn't win any big games this year, it seems likely that he won't be coaching there in 2018. In contrast, Tulane's talent level is low enough and it's division is strong enough that - at the moment - Tulane needs a quality dual threat signal caller to win 6+ games.

If Nebraska wins 7-9 games, it will prove nothing to no one, but, if Nebraska wins 10+ games with top 10 QBR or top 10 QB yardage, it just might prove something.
I agree. I do expect 7-9 games with that schedule the have.
Ball Sumrall!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

as I posted previously, I wish the young man well, but being the starter at Nebraska is not that big of a deal, if he were at FSU..Clemson..Ohio State.. Michigan...USC...Michigan State..Stanford...Oklahoma...Oklahoma State...that's a different story...but Nebraska is not that good... 8 wins would be a big year for the Husker Nation anything less and Riley will be the next Solich
Last edited by golfnut69 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

We're over 68 pages and almost 1700 replies on the other thread. Did we REALLY need another Tanner Lee thread?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
billow
High Tide

I'm tired of hearing about Tanner Lee! He's at Nebraska not Tulane. Forget him!
ajcalhoun
Swell

msdos wrote:Let's get this straight

Mr. "I tailor my offense to the players I have" runs off Lee so that he can run the worst iteration of the triple option I've ever seen. Meanwhile, Lee goes to a premiere P5 institution and becomes the starter? Tremendous. Future so bright.
In order to tailor his offense to Tanner Lee Coach Fritz would have had to miraculously pull some FBS-caliber offensive linemen out of his hat. Or somewhere.
God Bless Everyone!
wave97
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote:

Mr. "I tailor my offense to the players I have" runs off Lee so that he can run the worst iteration of the triple option I've ever seen. Meanwhile, Lee goes to a premiere P5 institution and becomes the starter? Tremendous. Future so bright.
In order to tailor his offense to Tanner Lee Coach Fritz would have had to miraculously pull some FBS-caliber offensive linemen out of his hat. Or somewhere.
You can run a pro-scheme around zone blocking o-lineman. The Denver Broncos won two Superbowls back when Mike Shanahan was Head Coach. You just need to be able to recruit a whole bunch of 3star tight-ends, beef them up a bit and have a really good o-line coach and a really good OC/QB coach (not named John McDonell, Eric/Aaron Price).
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

wave97 wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:

You can run a pro-scheme around zone blocking o-lineman. The Denver Broncos won two Superbowls back when Mike Shanahan was Head Coach. You just need to be able to recruit a whole bunch of 3star tight-ends, beef them up a bit and have a really good o-line coach and a really good OC/QB coach (not named John McDonell, Eric/Aaron Price).
Lee what have been a mess as well. We had the worst pass blocking along with far and away the worst WRs in the league.
RobertM320
Green Wave

wave97 wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:

And it does seem like Fritz is doing that. We seem to be recruiting more TE type players (Will Wallace), and I think they just switched one of our bigger receivers over to TE now as well.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Aberzombie1892
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
wave97 wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:

Lee what have been a mess as well. We had the worst pass blocking along with far and away the worst WRs in the league.
The fact that Nebraska had no returning QBs with starting experience on its roster is being overlooked as well. It had the choice of turning its offense over to Lee, a redshirt freshman or a true freshman - during a pivotal year for the HC, no less - so it's not like it had a lot of options. Nebraska even added a walk-on QB this year.
wave97
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
wave97 wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:

The fact that Nebraska had no returning QBs with starting experience on its roster is being overlooked as well. It had the choice of turning its offense over to Lee, a redshirt freshman or a true freshman - during a pivotal year for the HC, no less - so it's not like it had a lot of options. Nebraska even added a walk-on QB this year.
Lee made a good choice in transferring to Lincoln. He will have his chance to prove whether, or not, he's a practice All-American soon enough. I hope he lets it rip!
wave97
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
wave97 wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:

And it does seem like Fritz is doing that. We seem to be recruiting more TE type players (Will Wallace), and I think they just switched one of our bigger receivers over to TE now as well.
Tight Ends are the Swiss Army knife of recruiting!
Bearwave
High Tide

billow wrote:I'm tired of hearing about Tanner Lee! He's at Nebraska not Tulane. Forget him!

Amen, he bailed so bye Felicia!
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ch 4 Sports at 5pm did a 5 minute piece on Tanner.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

there are some on this particular thread that have a 24 hour run of "Something About Mary" playing..for the way they keep reporting about and hyping ole Tanner
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:there are some on this particular thread that have a 24 hour run of "Something About Mary" playing..for the way they keep reporting about and hyping ole Tanner
Actually it's those that have trashed him that constantly bring it back up.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:there are some on this particular thread that have a 24 hour run of "Something About Mary" playing..for the way they keep reporting about and hyping ole Tanner
Actually it's those that have trashed him that constantly bring it back up.
OK...reporting, hyping or trashing ole Tanner...as posted previously, I wish the young man well, but as they say on Shark Tank."U are dead to me"

on a side note...I hope ole Tanner tears up the BIG...then we can post...'"not good enuff for the AAC..but a Star in the BIG"
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ok, I'm breaking my promise to myself not to post in this thread until the 'Huskers play a game. But it should be noted that the Red team (Lee's team) in the spring game played first stringers against second, third and fourth string players. In addition, Diaco (former UConn coach, now the Nebraska D-Coordinator) went out of his way to play absolutely plain vanilla D. There were NO blitzes and NO stunts. Tanner had a great day, but it was a practice, not a game.

I wish him the best, and hope we can all forget about him until he plays a meaningful game. Nebraska will lose at least three and likely 4 games this season. 8-4 is a given, less than 8 wins has Riley on the hot seat. More than 8 wins and he'll be safe for at least another year. They're not going to compete for a B1G title.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Nebraska fans see Lee as 1st round NFL talent.
http://www.cornnation.com/2017/4/20/153 ... ska-doomed
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Nebraska fans see Lee as 1st round NFL talent.
http://www.cornnation.com/2017/4/20/153 ... ska-doomed
hmmmm and the last time a Nebraska QB was drafted as a QB was.....
Show Me
Tsunami

Lee definitely has potential. Whether or not he reaches his full potential remains to be seen.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

If Lee does play for a sixth year at Nebraska, we'll see if BYU effect matters: that is men against boys. If he does play well this year, I would guess he would go pro. This is a math guess nothing more about someone if he is good enough to make an NFL roster even as a sub. The real money in NFL after 1st round draft slotting is in free agency. He has to start clock running on that. That's why you see 180(??!!) or whatever players sign up for initial run at NBA draft (many will probably blink and come back) and most decent juniors go pro in baseball and don't wait. Also even older backup QBs make a ton of money in NFL.

If he plays average or less for UN, then we'll see Madden's rule in action, namely the most popular man in town is the backup quarterback.
MicMan
Swell

Sweet Jesus that was an incredible waste of pixels.