Perry Clark

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Jonathan
Riptide

Has anyone spoken to Perry Clark since he was fired at that Texas school and hired as an assistant coach at the University of South Carolina a few years ago? What ever happen to his former assistant at Tulane Julius Smith?

Show Me
Tsunami

Jonathan wrote:Has anyone spoken to Perry Clark since he was fired at that Texas school and hired as an assistant coach at the University of South Carolina a few years ago?
His kids. :lol: :lol: :lol:
cheesefries
Low Tide

Perry talking about his days at Tulane

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/ ... and_f.html
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Nice catchup piece on Perry. Now assistant coach at S Carolina who just upset Duke in the 2nd Round.
http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/ ... e_home_pop
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Nice catchup piece on Perry. Now assistant coach at S Carolina who just upset Duke in the 2nd Round.
http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/ ... e_home_pop
If you watched the game, Perry sat at the seat closest to the scorer's table. Martin, the SC coach didn't sit the whole game!

Nice read.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JerseyWave
Riptide

How bout the irony....South Carolina is Dunleavy's alma mater and Clark will always have a special bond with Tulane basketball.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:How bout the irony....South Carolina is Dunleavy's alma mater and Clark will always have a special bond with Tulane basketball.
And his son Mike Jr went to Duke, yet he wasn't at the game. He was watching Villanova in another bracket become the first #1 seed knocked out! His son Baker is the Associate Head Coach at Villanova. Baker is a 'Nova alum.

The big G/F for Carolina, Sindarious Thornwell was a beast. I thought going into that game that Jason Tatum (Duke Freshman forward) had become the best player in the college game. Thornwell, 3 time SEC defensive player of the year and reigning SEC Player of the Year put on a clinic. What a player Thornwell is, even though in a couple of years I think Tatum will be a better pro. It was a very well played game by SC, I wish the referees had let them play a bit more as the whistles every 20 seconds made it a very long game and gave it little flow. Hats off to the Gamecocks.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Congrats to Perry on getting through to the Elite 8 as SC crushed Baylor 70-50
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:How bout the irony....South Carolina is Dunleavy's alma mater and Clark will always have a special bond with Tulane basketball.
And his son Mike Jr went to Duke, yet he wasn't at the game. He was watching Villanova in another bracket become the first #1 seed knocked out! His son Baker is the Associate Head Coach at Villanova. Baker is a 'Nova alum.

The big G/F for Carolina, Sindarious Thornwell was a beast. I thought going into that game that Jason Tatum (Duke Freshman forward) had become the best player in the college game. Thornwell, 3 time SEC defensive player of the year and reigning SEC Player of the Year put on a clinic. What a player Thornwell is, even though in a couple of years I think Tatum will be a better pro. It was a very well played game by SC, I wish the referees had let them play a bit more as the whistles every 20 seconds made it a very long game and gave it little flow. Hats off to the Gamecocks.
And Hats off to the Gators with ex-Jesuit alum Mike White who ahem also has a certain connection to Tulane. With the rain in the forecast we might as well play that ever popular game on this site, "Tulane Woulda Coulda Shoulda."

I'll start. There was no way RD was ever going to bring back Perry or the son of a predecessor even if they would work for free.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Congrats Perry on landing your first final four!
Go Cocks!!
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Congrats to him. Shocked he wasn't put in much earlier. Fun times for sure.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Head coach 1998-2000?

Can someone PLEASE be a journalist and have your articles proof read? It's a great article except for the typo that should have been caught by the cleaning lady.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Perry also announced today that he has retired from coaching.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:55 pm Perry also announced today that he has retired from coaching.
https://www.thestate.com/sports/college ... =mainstage
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Good article. We should keep him close to the program, give him an advisor title or something along those lines.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:05 am Good article:

https://crescentcitysports.com/intervie ... relations/
That's a good read, thanks for the link,win.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:48 am

He credits Eamon Kelley for being hired...Gladchuck wanted Dave Bliss
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:46 am
DfromCT wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:48 am

He credits Eamon Kelley for being hired...Gladchuck wanted Dave Bliss
Dave Bliss! Wonder how that might have worked out? Would we have basketball today? The movie "Disgraced" is free on-demand for Showtime subscribers. It's a good watch about what happened at Baylor, though it doesn't get that far into scandals that followed Bliss wherever he coached. "Lack of Institutional Control" was the NCAA's calling card when it came to Bliss and coaching. The same followed him as he dropped through the ranks. I believe Bliss was a good man that coaching lead him to doing bad things, and once he started making bad decisions he couldn't stop. And as many of his former assistants say during the movie, "There is nothing that the head coach of a basketball team doesn't know about." Rumor, fact or fiction, the HC hears it all. Kind of makes you wonder if Ned Fowler heard whispers about what that '84-85 team was doing.

Edit: Upon watching the 2nd half of the documentary, Bliss is a lying POS, He contradicts his own signed statements throwing the life of Patrick Dennehy under the bus to try to make his name and conscience. clear.
Last edited by DfromCT on Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I was told, not heard, that Bliss was in the DFW airport on his way to NOLA for the final 'interview"..it was down to Bliss and Clark....Kelley was pizzed at Gladchuck for announcing B'Ball would be returning in 1989, he wanted it to begin in 1990..so he told Chet he would be hiring Clark, Chet had to have Bliss "paged" at the DFW airport, to tell him he was not being hired...that was told to me by Oklahoma coach Billy Tubbs at a charity Golf event in Tulsa, he saw my Tulane golf shirt, visor and we begn talking,
Bigschtick
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:43 am Good article. We should keep him close to the program, give him an advisor title or something along those lines.

I agree! Congrats to Perry. He brought exciting basketball back to Tulane.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ken Trahan interview
Tim Floyd also announced today in the class.
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:18 am I was told, not heard, that Bliss was in the DFW airport on his way to NOLA for the final 'interview"..it was down to Bliss and Clark....Kelley was pizzed at Gladchuck for announcing B'Ball would be returning in 1989, he wanted it to begin in 1990..so he told Chet he would be hiring Clark, Chet had to have Bliss "paged" at the DFW airport, to tell him he was not being hired...that was told to me by Oklahoma coach Billy Tubbs at a charity Golf event in Tulsa, he saw my Tulane golf shirt, visor and we begn talking,
Interesting. Looks like Tulane has a history of presidential override on coach hiring decisions.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:55 am
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:18 am I was told, not heard, that Bliss was in the DFW airport on his way to NOLA for the final 'interview"..it was down to Bliss and Clark....Kelley was pizzed at Gladchuck for announcing B'Ball would be returning in 1989, he wanted it to begin in 1990..so he told Chet he would be hiring Clark, Chet had to have Bliss "paged" at the DFW airport, to tell him he was not being hired...that was told to me by Oklahoma coach Billy Tubbs at a charity Golf event in Tulsa, he saw my Tulane golf shirt, visor and we began talking,
Interesting. Looks like Tulane has a history of presidential override on coach hiring decisions.
And the funny thing is we've had some very talented AD's over the years, Gladchuck, Kevin White, Sandy B, and then....well let's not even go there!