Early Signing

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Ruski
Swell

winwave wrote:
Ruski wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:I have never been a fan of going the junior college route but we need JCs now more than ever for Fritz to improve the program in Year 2. CJ's last recruiting class was bad and a large portion of it is no longer at Tulane. Fritz first recruiting class wasn't very good either. He basically brought in most of the kids he was recruiting at Georgia Southern. By now he realized that level of talent won't be good enough to compete in the AAC. He and his staff have been are going hard after 3 star recruits across the board. He has to win some of these recruiting battles. The JCs should just be a bridge until we can get the 85 man roster filled with more talent and experience.
3 games against Grambling, Army, and FIU. Home games against first year HC against Cincy, Houston, USF. On the road ECU and SMU. 6/7 wins is doable with an injection of some talent. Not getting Guthrie to fill Nico's spot hurts alot. But still 9 returning starters from a very stout D. 2 of our top RB come back. DiRocco comes back. Oline played pretty well for periods this season even through injuries, just needs consistency. Biggest question will be Banks. We get half way decent QB play and I like our chances.

And with LeDee, Huderson, Wallace, Sampson, Keurschen we are low key getting some nice talent to cultivate for '18/'19. I really like the Sampson pick up. He had a Mizzou offer, they have produced some standout DT. Also Ed O was recruiting him before taking over HC.
I agree w/a lot of your post but I think most would strongly disagree w/your take on the O-Line. It is still bad and even if Banks turns out to be good that will be negated by the poor line play unless this recruiting cycle can bring some immediate help w/more JC's or grad transfers.
In no way do I think it was a great O-line performance this year. But given that they lost Diaz early and lack of depth was exposed I think they did pretty well on specific drives. Against Memphis, against UCONN, against SMU there were plays where the line did their job. And it could've looked better if not for a QB that was terrible at reading the option. And it wasn't like GC was running for his life every game. We've seen alot worse in years. GC wasn't getting pummeled the way Griffin did.

With 5 incoming OL including JUCO Briggs there will be a lot more depth and now some experience after last year. Should be a lot better this year. Good measuring stick of Fritz's coaching capabilities.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote:
winwave wrote:
Ruski wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:I have never been a fan of going the junior college route but we need JCs now more than ever for Fritz to improve the program in Year 2. CJ's last recruiting class was bad and a large portion of it is no longer at Tulane. Fritz first recruiting class wasn't very good either. He basically brought in most of the kids he was recruiting at Georgia Southern. By now he realized that level of talent won't be good enough to compete in the AAC. He and his staff have been are going hard after 3 star recruits across the board. He has to win some of these recruiting battles. The JCs should just be a bridge until we can get the 85 man roster filled with more talent and experience.
3 games against Grambling, Army, and FIU. Home games against first year HC against Cincy, Houston, USF. On the road ECU and SMU. 6/7 wins is doable with an injection of some talent. Not getting Guthrie to fill Nico's spot hurts alot. But still 9 returning starters from a very stout D. 2 of our top RB come back. DiRocco comes back. Oline played pretty well for periods this season even through injuries, just needs consistency. Biggest question will be Banks. We get half way decent QB play and I like our chances.

And with LeDee, Huderson, Wallace, Sampson, Keurschen we are low key getting some nice talent to cultivate for '18/'19. I really like the Sampson pick up. He had a Mizzou offer, they have produced some standout DT. Also Ed O was recruiting him before taking over HC.
I agree w/a lot of your post but I think most would strongly disagree w/your take on the O-Line. It is still bad and even if Banks turns out to be good that will be negated by the poor line play unless this recruiting cycle can bring some immediate help w/more JC's or grad transfers.
In no way do I think it was a great O-line performance this year. But given that they lost Diaz early and lack of depth was exposed I think they did pretty well on specific drives. Against Memphis, against UCONN, against SMU there were plays where the line did their job. And it could've looked better if not for a QB that was terrible at reading the option. And it wasn't like GC was running for his life every game. We've seen alot worse in years. GC wasn't getting pummeled the way Griffin did.

With 5 incoming OL including JUCO Briggs there will be a lot more depth and now some experience after last year. Should be a lot better this year. Good measuring stick of Fritz's coaching capabilities.
I hope it plays out well going forward. I would note though that O-Line is one position the vast majority of players RS at. That's why I'm hoping for more JC's and grad transfers.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I think there will be 3 to 5 more JUCO or Grad transfers
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
JerseyWave
Riptide

We got the Four Star transfer RB from Texas Tech. Looks like a huge get for Fritz! Last name is Dauphine.
greenphantom
Swell

JerseyWave wrote:We got the Four Star transfer RB from Texas Tech. Looks like a huge get for Fritz! Last name is Dauphine.
Nice!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

greenphantom wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:We got the Four Star transfer RB from Texas Tech. Looks like a huge get for Fritz! Last name is Dauphine.
Nice!
https://twitter.com/CDAUPHINE/status/809209592613916674
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
Nice!
https://twitter.com/CDAUPHINE/status/809209592613916674
Thanks for the update. Nice pick up.

Only time will tell if these JC's pan out but at least Fritz is keeping his word that he is trying to win now. Plus as I have said before he can bring in several of them this year and yet still bring in a full class of HS signees and avoid class gaps. I get the angst over our JC policies but we haven't had this many JC's in a class since the English error.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Looks like he's got some speed! Maybe we'll see him returning kicks?

I think we've gotten two nice RB's in this early signing period.
https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 9536835584
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote:Thanks for the update. Nice pick up.

Only time will tell if these JC's pan out but at least Fritz is keeping his word that he is trying to win now. Plus as I have said before he can bring in several of them this year and yet still bring in a full class of HS signees and avoid class gaps. I get the angst over our JC policies but we haven't had this many JC's in a class since the English error.
Four so far. Definitely the most in a long time.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:Looks like he's got some speed! Maybe we'll see him returning kicks?

Not eligible till 2018:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... ft_amplify
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

winwave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Looks like he's got some speed! Maybe we'll see him returning kicks?

Not eligible till 2018:

It's starting to look like my early season wager of Fritz' first recruiting class being better than any of CJs is coming to fruition. ROLL DAMN WAVE :mrgreen:
Ruski
Swell

Wow! This is excellent! Tulane is becoming RB U! I'm 100% ok with making D and Rb our focal point.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

overall recap.... I still think there will be three more

winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:overall recap.... I still think there will be three more

I already posted that link just above.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

What a big fish we landed! Welcome, Mr. Dauphine. After sitting a year, you will be in line to be our 3 down back, and 2018 should be a year we contend for the AAC West title. Get your academics off to a strong start and enjoy Tulane life.

Roll Wave!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JerseyWave
Riptide

We need a lot of help in the secondary and offensive line. Go get em!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Please refer to all links posted before mine
winwave
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man
Swell

An unofficial update on the baseball signees
15 signed NLI
9 High School
6 JUCO
ajcalhoun
Swell

golf, I could be wrong but I don't think Steve gets paid on links to twitter and a lot of folks (not I) on here aren't twitterers so it might be nice to provide some info with or instead of just twitter links. Just sayin'.
God Bless Everyone!
RobertM320
Green Wave

ajcalhoun wrote:golf, I could be wrong but I don't think Steve gets paid on links to twitter and a lot of folks (not I) on here aren't twitterers so it might be nice to provide some info with or instead of just twitter links. Just sayin'.
AJ, you dont have to be on twitter to click on the link. Just click, and it takes you to the tweet, which you can read. It should be treated no differently than any other link that's posted.

I do find it helpful to post my link within the tweet bbcodes, so that it can be read without clicking, but if a person can find this website, they should already know how to click on a link and read.
chain gang x man
Swell

chain gang x man wrote:An unofficial update on the baseball signees
15 signed NLI
9 High School
6 JUCO
Updating baseball signees
17 signed NLI
11 High School
6 JUCO

I am following 3 more but cannot confirm if they have signed

Could be a class of 20

If anyone else know of any signings please post
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the update.