Early Signing

Talk about the latest recruits here.
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:OL help on the way center D Briggs has signed

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 0020,d.amc
https://twitter.com/Guersmith/status/809049717267189760

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Fritz on JC's

please see Robert's post....it was posted a 9:23 on the previous page....thanks
Last edited by golfnut69 on Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

"Wide receiver Trey Scott, linebacker Eric Bowie and defensive tackle Eric Bell, all of whom had eligibility left, no longer are listed on the roster.

Sources told The Advocate that three players who would be fifth-year seniors next fall — offensive lineman Kenneth Santa Marina, wide receiver Tristan Cooper and fullback Sergio Medina — also likely will not be back"
RobertM320
Green Wave

I guess no one really reads the posts, do they? Everything that golf and mbawavefan just posted, I posted in this same thread 25 minutes earlier.

9:23am.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:I guess no one really reads the posts, do they? Everything that golf and mbawavefan just posted, I posted in this same thread 25 minutes earlier.

People don't read the last posts at the bottom of the page. I was lucky to read it before the next page in the thread (3) started.

Meanwhile, Kenneth Santa Marina leaving after graduating with a year of eligibility remaining marks another one of CJ's talented projects that never panned out. I wish him luck, but he didn't play much on a lousy O-Line for his $250k education.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:I guess no one really reads the posts, do they? Everything that golf and mbawavefan just posted, I posted in this same thread 25 minutes earlier.

People don't read the last posts at the bottom of the page. I was lucky to read it before the next page in the thread (3) started.

Meanwhile, Kenneth Santa Marina leaving after graduating with a year of eligibility remaining marks another one of CJ's talented projects that never panned out. I wish him luck, but he didn't play much on a lousy O-Line for his $250k education.
Robert... I have corrected my post and directed everyone to yours...but then again, who reads this stuff anyway !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Ruski
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:

6'3 295. Offers from FAU, UMASS, NC Central, SEMO, UT-Martin. Not much info about him out there. Only two offers out of HS were to JUCOs.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Ruski wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

6'3 295. Offers from FAU, UMASS, NC Central, SEMO, UT-Martin. Not much info about him out there. Only two offers out of HS were to JUCOs.
Thought I read he had hurt himself last year so many schools backed off.
Ruski
Swell

Another JUCO. Looks like a good one.

https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 6251950081
Ruski
Swell

And some really sad news. Bet he gets bumped up to a 4 star now.

https://twitter.com/Guersmith/status/809077010702172160
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Ruski wrote:And some really sad news. Bet he gets bumped up to a 4 star now.

$hit.

FYI Ryan, Cuse lost to Wake 28-9 and we are on TV just as often as them. Today's low in Syracuse is 13 degrees, tomorrow's low is 2 degrees. But hey a P5 is a P5 I suppose. Good luck.
Last edited by mbawavefan12 on Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Banks has signed per a tweet by Guerry Smith.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote:Banks has signed per a tweet by Guerry Smith.
Nice
Ruski
Swell

So far, JUCOs to help our offense: 4 star QB, 3 star WR, and a real big Center. Not bad. A couple more linemen on either side of the ball would be nice.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote:

$hit.

FYI Ryan, Cuse lost to Wake 28-9 and we are on TV just as often as them. Today's low in Syracuse is 13 degrees, tomorrow's low is 2 degrees. But hey a P5 is a P5 I suppose. Good luck.
Syracuse has a good up and coming coach in Dino Babers. They took some lumps this season, and also got a "landmark victory" against a ranked VaTech team. As a Senior in HS, I faced the same choice: Syracuse or Tulane. Even though I'm from the North, I decided I wouldn't want to trudge through the endless snow to get to class and chose Tulane. Syracuse gets what's known as "lake effect snow" for days, sometimes weeks on end. I never looked back.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote:So far, JUCOs to help our offense: 4 star QB, 3 star WR, and a real big Center. Not bad. A couple more linemen on either side of the ball would be nice.
Who is the 4 star QB? Banks is a 2 star QB.

That being said, check out the second (10 Minute season) highlight on his huddle page. The first play of the video he throws a ball that hits the receiver in stride after traveling at least 60 yards (yes 60 yards) in the air.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/860683/jonathan-banks
Last edited by DfromCT on Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruski
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
Ruski wrote:So far, JUCOs to help our offense: 4 star QB, 3 star WR, and a real big Center. Not bad. A couple more linemen on either side of the ball would be nice.
Who is the 4 star QB? Banks is a 2 star QB.
**Former 4 star QB, former 3 star WR.
JerseyWave
Riptide

I have never been a fan of going the junior college route but we need JCs now more than ever for Fritz to improve the program in Year 2. CJ's last recruiting class was bad and a large portion of it is no longer at Tulane. Fritz first recruiting class wasn't very good either. He basically brought in most of the kids he was recruiting at Georgia Southern. By now he realized that level of talent won't be good enough to compete in the AAC. He and his staff have been are going hard after 3 star recruits across the board. He has to win some of these recruiting battles. The JCs should just be a bridge until we can get the 85 man roster filled with more talent and experience.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:

$hit.

Syracuse has a good up and coming coach in Dino Babers. They took some lumps this season, and also got a "landmark victory" against a ranked VaTech team. As a Senior in HS, I faced the same choice: Syracuse or Tulane. Even though I'm from the North, I decided I wouldn't want to trudge through the endless snow to get to class and chose Tulane. Syracuse gets what's known as "lake effect snow" for days, sometimes weeks on end. I never looked back.
I grew up in the Boston suburbs and thought I knew snow, then I visited friends at Cuse, crazy stuff.
Ruski
Swell

JerseyWave wrote:I have never been a fan of going the junior college route but we need JCs now more than ever for Fritz to improve the program in Year 2. CJ's last recruiting class was bad and a large portion of it is no longer at Tulane. Fritz first recruiting class wasn't very good either. He basically brought in most of the kids he was recruiting at Georgia Southern. By now he realized that level of talent won't be good enough to compete in the AAC. He and his staff have been are going hard after 3 star recruits across the board. He has to win some of these recruiting battles. The JCs should just be a bridge until we can get the 85 man roster filled with more talent and experience.
3 games against Grambling, Army, and FIU. Home games against first year HC against Cincy, Houston, USF. On the road ECU and SMU. 6/7 wins is doable with an injection of some talent. Not getting Guthrie to fill Nico's spot hurts alot. But still 9 returning starters from a very stout D. 2 of our top RB come back. DiRocco comes back. Oline played pretty well for periods this season even through injuries, just needs consistency. Biggest question will be Banks. We get half way decent QB play and I like our chances.

And with LeDee, Huderson, Wallace, Sampson, Keurschen we are low key getting some nice talent to cultivate for '18/'19. I really like the Sampson pick up. He had a Mizzou offer, they have produced some standout DT. Also Ed O was recruiting him before taking over HC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

My understanding is that Briggs is being brought in to play guard. That assumes Diaz returns to health.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

JerseyWave wrote:I have never been a fan of going the junior college route but we need JCs now more than ever for Fritz to improve the program in Year 2. CJ's last recruiting class was bad and a large portion of it is no longer at Tulane. Fritz first recruiting class wasn't very good either. He basically brought in most of the kids he was recruiting at Georgia Southern. By now he realized that level of talent won't be good enough to compete in the AAC. He and his staff have been are going hard after 3 star recruits across the board. He has to win some of these recruiting battles. The JCs should just be a bridge until we can get the 85 man roster filled with more talent and experience.
I hear ya. I have posted recently of how he has an opportunity for a great mix of JC's to help immediately but b/c of all the openings he can still get a full class of HS recruits.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote:
3 games against Grambling, Army, and FIU. Home games against first year HC against Cincy, Houston, USF. On the road ECU and SMU. 6/7 wins is doable with an injection of some talent. Not getting Guthrie to fill Nico's spot hurts alot. But still 9 returning starters from a very stout D. 2 of our top RB come back. DiRocco comes back. Oline played pretty well for periods this season even through injuries, just needs consistency. Biggest question will be Banks. We get half way decent QB play and I like our chances.

And with LeDee, Huderson, Wallace, Sampson, Keurschen we are low key getting some nice talent to cultivate for '18/'19. I really like the Sampson pick up. He had a Mizzou offer, they have produced some standout DT. Also Ed O was recruiting him before taking over HC.
I agree w/a lot of your post but I think most would strongly disagree w/your take on the O-Line. It is still bad and even if Banks turns out to be good that will be negated by the poor line play unless this recruiting cycle can bring some immediate help w/more JC's or grad transfers.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
winwave wrote:Banks has signed per a tweet by Guerry Smith.
Nice
And we had people worrying that he would be swayed to go to Texas State... I'm still most excited for Stephon Huderson. He reminds me of a young matt forte. ROLL DAMN WAVE! :mrgreen: