2nd Fun Question

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Please give the original "Nickname" of the NL Baseball franchise in Houston, TX....

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RWR
Swell

Colt 45s
Green Wave
Swell

RWR wrote:Colt 45s

:)

I saw the Colt 45's play the year before they moved into the Dome and changed their name to the Astros.

God I am old ;)

I thought they were a Minor league team when they were the 45s.
ROLL WAVE!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Colt 45's is the correct answer...and part of Colt stadiunm is still on the Astrodome complex property !!!!.. I also saw the colts the year before the move to the dome...stayed at the Houston Intercontinental Hotel on main street...suprise, that is where the Cincy Reds were staying also... I still have the autographed ball complete with Frank Robinson and Pete Roses signatures !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

In addition to the oppressive heat, the mosquitoes at old Colt .45 Stadium, were large enough to carry off young children. Watching games in that stadium was a survival test. I once watched Sandy Koufax (who routinely pitched late into games) pitch a day game against the .45s--his uniform was completely saturated by the 3rd inning. That day, he didn't make it through the 6th inning--the Colt .45s didn't get to him, but the heat and humidity sure did.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana