Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Eaglewave
Swell

JJ is Tanner Lee's #1 fan. I expect to see a post every time he throws a complete pass. I am glad that Tanner is looking great against the scout team. I hope they aren't allowing Rudy Ruettiger to hit him at practice. Lol.

All joking aside, I hope he does well. I got on the bandwagon after watching him at practice, but got off after he started stinking up Yulman and turning into an ATM. I think 6 years is enough time for him to polish what he needs to polish his tools.

Ball Sumrall!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:There would have been a real long hiatus had you not posted in the thread. Great, Tanner looks good running a scout team. He can throw the football with the best of them, that's never been argued. Let's bury this thread until at a minimum Nebraska spring practice 2017. He's not here. Who the F cares what he does playing camp?
What JJ doesn't understand is that Nebraska's prior coach utilized Dual Threat QBs, so most of the QBs on the roster fit that mold, but, the current Nebraska coach utilizes a Pro Style formation instead of a spread one, so he needs Pro Style QBs. Unfortunately for the current coach, he will not have any Pro Style QBs with experience next year aside from Tanner, so, it makes sense that Tanner would start. I also would imagine that some of though some of the Dual Threat QBs would be interested in transferring, so Fritz needs to get on that.

Was Tanner a good QB for Tulane? No.
It is good that he is gone? Yes.
Should we continue to talk about this player? No.
C'mon dude. Nebraska has a 4 star pocket passer as a true frosh this year and another one coming in next year with an offer from Alabama. If you're gonna talk smack about someone please don't be uninformed and wrong.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

HoustonWave wrote:What a saga. The bottom line is CJ and his staff were a joke, the man that hired him was a joke, and the president of the university that hired them both was both a joke and an egotistical crook. And TL, because of all that, or his own shortcomings, was a Pick 6 machine. They are all gone, and let's put it all in a lead coffin and drop it in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico.
Yeah. TL will be one of the reminders of all that was squandered under Cowen/Dickson. History will show that we turned an NFL QB into a pick 6 machine.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Eaglewave wrote:JJ is Tanner Lee's #1 fan. I expect to see a post every time he throws a complete pass. I am glad that Tanner is looking great against the scout team. I hope they aren't allowing Rudy Ruettiger to hit him at practice. Lol.

All joking aside, I hope he does well. I got on the bandwagon after watching him at practice, but got off after he started stinking up Yulman and turning into an ATM. I think 6 years is enough time for him to polish what he needs to polish his tools.
If you are one of the Devin Powell truthers, you probably shouldn't be pointing any fingers elsewhere in this thread.
wavemania
Surge

According to Sportsnola.com, Lee is granted another year by the NCAA. Will have 2 years to play for Nebraska after sitting this year out WTF ?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The right call by the NCAA. I'm not at all surprised as I said in this thread awhile back that he'd get another year. You don't punish a kid for something out of his control. It's been done before so it's not new.
Good luck to TL.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

wavemania wrote:According to Sportsnola.com, Lee is granted another year by the NCAA. Will have 2 years to play for Nebraska after sitting this year out WTF ?
Sounds like he'll be on social security before his eligibility ends. :oldman: :oldman: :oldman:
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Aberzombie1892
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:There would have been a real long hiatus had you not posted in the thread. Great, Tanner looks good running a scout team. He can throw the football with the best of them, that's never been argued. Let's bury this thread until at a minimum Nebraska spring practice 2017. He's not here. Who the F cares what he does playing camp?
What JJ doesn't understand is that Nebraska's prior coach utilized Dual Threat QBs, so most of the QBs on the roster fit that mold, but, the current Nebraska coach utilizes a Pro Style formation instead of a spread one, so he needs Pro Style QBs. Unfortunately for the current coach, he will not have any Pro Style QBs with experience next year aside from Tanner, so, it makes sense that Tanner would start. I also would imagine that some of though some of the Dual Threat QBs would be interested in transferring, so Fritz needs to get on that.

Was Tanner a good QB for Tulane? No.
It is good that he is gone? Yes.
Should we continue to talk about this player? No.
C'mon dude. Nebraska has a 4 star pocket passer as a true frosh this year and another one coming in next year with an offer from Alabama. If you're gonna talk smack about someone please don't be uninformed and wrong.
JJ, do you have difficulty with reading comprehension? Re-read the part that you bolded and see if you see it, but, if you still don't see it, then zero in on this part: "any Pro Style QBs with experience...". Now, look at what you wrote: "Nebraska has a 4 star pocket passer as a true frosh this year and another one coming in next year with an offer from Alabama", and contrast that with what I said. If it isn't obvious, Lee is the only Pro Style QB with experience on the roster, and, the signing of new Pro Style QBs - regardless of how many stars they have - doesn't change that, especially since Tommy Armstrong, a Dual Threat QB, will be their starter this year.

If you are going to (incorrectly) tell someone that they are wrong, you should at least be able to understand what they said.
Eaglewave
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:JJ is Tanner Lee's #1 fan. I expect to see a post every time he throws a complete pass. I am glad that Tanner is looking great against the scout team. I hope they aren't allowing Rudy Ruettiger to hit him at practice. Lol.

If you are one of the Devin Powell truthers, you probably shouldn't be pointing any fingers elsewhere in this thread.
Why?
Ball Sumrall!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Eaglewave wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

Why?
Lol. If you need to ask...
ajcalhoun
Swell

I meant to re-post this last week when jj first bumped this thread but better late than never.

God Bless Everyone!
Eaglewave
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote:I meant to re-post this last week when jj first bumped this thread but better late than never.

Lol.
Last edited by Eaglewave on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ball Sumrall!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I think the NCAA gave TL the extra year because they looked at his Tulane years and realized he had never been coached.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Eaglewave
Swell

HoustonWave wrote:I think the NCAA gave TL the extra year because they looked at his Tulane years and realized he had never been coached.
In that case, Jordy, Powell, Montana and Griffin should have tried to get another year.
Ball Sumrall!
GreenLantern
Riptide

"Do you miss me now?"
- TL
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote:"Do you miss me now?"
- TL
nope....TL would have been in "intensive care" by now
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aberzombie1892
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
- TL
This. TL couldn't run this offense due to the running requirement, and there is no way that Fritz was going to continue a pro style scheme. Given that that is the case, Powell was likely a bigger loss than TL since he seemed to have the best blend of running and passing abilities.*

*Yes, he was 20 lbs. overweight in the spring, but that weight could have been lost in the summer.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
- TL
This. TL couldn't run this offense due to the running requirement, and there is no way that Fritz was going to continue a pro style scheme. Given that that is the case, Powell was likely a bigger loss than TL since he seemed to have the best blend of running and passing abilities.*

*Yes, he was 20 lbs. overweight in the spring, but that weight could have been lost in the summer.
LOL.Powell can't even beat out Fourcade at Nicholls. He's not a D-1 player by any stretch of the imagination. Several here wished we had signed Fourcade. Would be interesting to see us get him .
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

winwave wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
- TL

LOL.Powell can't even beat out Fourcade at Nicholls. He's not a D-1 player by any stretch of the imagination. Several here wished we had signed Fourcade. Would be interesting to see us get him .
Lol is appropriate here, as whether or not Powell starts at Nicholls has nothing to do with whether or not he was the best QB on Tulane's roster to run Fritz's offense.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Powell was fourth string on the depth chart coming out of spring practice, and the 3rd string guy hadn't yet graduated from HS.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
winwave wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
- TL

Lol is appropriate here, as whether or not Powell starts at Nicholls has nothing to do with whether or not he was the best QB on Tulane's roster to run Fritz's offense.
Like I said he's not a D-1 QB. He was not a good runner. He has no instincts whatsoever. He was 4th string for very good reasons.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Posting while drinking.
We missed Mike Nue. Our QB's never developed once he left.
phpBB [video]
Tulane Class of 1981
netshorty
Surge

I WAS thankful this thread had died.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

netshorty wrote:I WAS thankful this thread had died.
:oops: :oops:
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

This thread isn't dead, its just dormant. You know darn well starting next season we'll be documenting everything Tanner Lee does at Nebraska. Is he the starter? Yes, he is. See? I told you so. Wait, he's been benched for throwing two pick sixes. See, I told you he was no good. Yada, yada, yada..... Expect two full seasons of that.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson