Wave loses a tough one to Navy 21-14

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

In less than 24 hours we'll know how we did. Pumped:

https://twitter.com/greenwavefb/status/ ... 3587522560
Last edited by winwave on Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

The depth chart shows KSM starting at RG over Leeward Brown.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

So far it's dry here in lower garden but some threatening clouds rolling in. Hopefully it stays dry but don't hold your breath. Let's bust some heads, mean greenies! Roll wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tailgate will probably get rained out but game should be ok.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

From the Weather.com site, it looks like the thunderstorms will end before 4 PM in Uptown New Orleans, with a chance of a passing shower at gametime. Then it looks to be typical New Orleans weather; hot and humid. The Weather.com (part of the Weather Channel) is not always accurate, but lets hope the game is played without downpours to hinder our home field advantage.

I hope we get a good crowd, despite the tailgating being a big diminished. Those headed for the quad, remember your mud gear!

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Actually the humidity is supposed to go down just like it did last week. Should feel nice out there.
msdos
Swell

I was at the Destrehan game last night. Steady rainfall, but temperature was nice
GreenLantern
Riptide

It's the only day in the year when it is not inappropriate to hope that a mighty Wave sinks the U.S. Navy.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:It's the only day in the year when it is not inappropriate to hope that a mighty Wave sinks the U.S. Navy.
One could say a rogue wave is coming in hot.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Is anyone on campus or in the stadium following this thread? If so, how's the weather?
RobertM320
Green Wave

From what I see on twitter, its not raining right now. Crowd is light though.

https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/status ... 9804302336

https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 6528047106

https://twitter.com/TulaneEquipment/sta ... 3053062144

Also, a last minute change to the green helmets. No combover wave, they went with Angry Wave again!
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:From what I see on twitter, its not raining right now. Crowd is light though.

https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/status ... 9804302336

https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 6528047106

https://twitter.com/TulaneEquipment/sta ... 3053062144

Also, a last minute change to the green helmets. No combover wave, they went with Angry Wave again!
Did the Trump campaign get a cease and desist for the Crested T?

I love the Angry Wave, and am warming to it (though it still seems big) on the helmets. I just wish I'd get my lapel pin from The Green Wave Club!

ROLL WAVE!
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

DfromCT wrote:Is anyone on campus or in the stadium following this thread? If so, how's the weather?

Weather is nice no rain. Crowd not so nice I bet the threat of rain kept people away.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Brantley is looking like a true Frosh making his first start. I still want him in there ahead of Cuillette, but he's very green. I'd like to see us press the corner a bit more often, with his option to pitch or have a TE in the flats if the DB comes up to play the run. He doesn't need to go deep every throw.

7-0 Navy, but we're making some plays. On the plus side our O line is doing ok...opening some holes between the tackles.

ROLL WAVE!
Ruski
Swell

What a great drive in response to Navy's long TD drive! Huge difference in coaching!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Checkerboards for Rounds! Wave kicks the extra point and it's 7-7!

Brantley is quick, no doubt! He also seems to have picked up the pitch play a whole lot better than either of the other QB's. I'm sorry, but if I'm Coach Fritz, I get him as many snaps against real competition as possible. It not only gives us our best chance to win, but also lets him get comfortable with the size/speed difference from last week to this week. If our season is going to ride on his shoulders, he needs experience.
Ruski
Swell

Navy goes to trying to throw the ball that possession....Green Wave defense forcing them to completely change their game....excellent
Ruski
Swell

Pass by Brantley was wobbly but it hit the receiver, inexcusable that he doesn't catch it. Stop looking for a PI and catch the damn pigskin!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote:Pass by Brantley was wobbly but it hit the receiver, inexcusable that he doesn't catch it. Stop looking for a PI and catch the damn pigskin!
The ball never reached the receiver, the defender knocked him a split second before he hit the ball away.
RobertM320
Green Wave

First half: advantage Tulane. We've forced them to go away from what they do best, which is the option. They've got 23 carries for 80 yards, about 3.5 YPC. They're 5-11 passing for 59 yards. If we can stick with our assignments, and clean up some of our own mistakes, we can win this.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

On a side note, Wake Forest has 24 points at half this week. Of course, they're playing Delaware. 24-14 at half.