UL-L will "Host" Mississippi State in Superdome in 2019

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
ajcalhoun
Swell

You can move this to "Other La Schools" but I thought it should be discussed here first.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/spor ... /90412468/

"Mississippi State will return the visit on Aug. 31, 2019, but instead of coming to Cajun Field in Lafayette the Bulldogs and Cajuns will play in the Superdome in New Orleans in what will be considered a ‘home’ game for UL."

God Bless Everyone!
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Good catch. This isn't surprising at all - we all knew that the Superdome would eventually be used for neutral site games (even if they want to call this a home game for ULL). The interesting part is that it may mean that MS State is going to start recruiting New Orleans heavily.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote:You can move this to "Other La Schools" but I thought it should be discussed in The Huddle first.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/spor ... /90412468/

"Mississippi State will return the visit on Aug. 31, 2019, but instead of coming to Cajun Field in Lafayette the Bulldogs and Cajuns will play in the Superdome in New Orleans in what will be considered a ‘home’ game for UL."
I wonder if the "Coaching Gawd of the Bayou" will still be Lafayette....I also wonder if Tulane will schedule an away game for that week end
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
BC Wave
Swell

Personally, I hope we never schedule a home game in late August.

Heat and humidity plus a chance of hurricane disruption is reason enough not to schedule at that time.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

This pi$$es me off. I can understand a neutral site game between two power teams but there is no reason to have ULL playing in the Dome. I just don't understand this......
ccap05
Surge

mbawavefan12 wrote:This pi$$es me off. I can understand a neutral site game between two power teams but there is no reason to have ULL playing in the Dome. I just don't understand this......
I disagree about being poed.

Even though it is an official "home" game for ULL you can be that their will be more Miss State people coming in. I only hope that this is indicative of NOLA, the Tourist people and the Benson people's interest in more big time football in the Dome- the type that a hometown Big 12 team would ensure.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I think its more a case of UL-L looking for more visibility in the market, the same way LSU would do.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
sader24
Tsunami

This isn't good for us in any way.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Will be interesting to see how many tickets they can distribute for that game. It will be included in ULL's season ticket package and Miss St could bring 30K if they are playing well at that time.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

sader24 wrote:This isn't good for us in any way.
I agree. I'll bet that LSU likes it even less than we do.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote:
sader24 wrote:This isn't good for us in any way.
I agree. I'll bet that LSU likes it even less than we do.
It is called being "pro active" ... Tulane could have booked Florida State, Clemson, Auburn, Mississippi State into the dome...they chose not to...Tulane look in the mirror !!!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote:This pi$$es me off. I can understand a neutral site game between two power teams but there is no reason to have ULL playing in the Dome. I just don't understand this......
Well it's good for NOLA, good for ULL, good for MSU, and really bad for Tulane. So thanks, Cow/Dick.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:Will be interesting to see how many tickets they can distribute for that game. It will be included in ULL's season ticket package and Miss St could bring 30K if they are playing well at that time.
Let's just say it's a safe bet that there will be more butts in the seats than Yulman can hold.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

It's an effing disaster to have this news come out during the Big12 search.
ajcalhoun
Swell

jj woke up late today but he fired up and came through with a triple post! Bonus points for hitting on Cow/Dick in the first one.
God Bless Everyone!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

ajcalhoun wrote:jj woke up late today but he fired up and came through with a triple post! Bonus points for hitting on Cow/Dick in the first one.
Totally. That's a huge lol opportunity. I'm such an idiot.

But definitely don't talk about the other D1A football programs trying to take advantage of the fact that we spent $80M to leave the Dome and open up NOLA to other programs. Because that's not nearly as funny as making fun of that idiot JJ who woke up late today.
bananax07
Ripple

ajcalhoun wrote:jj woke up late today but he fired up and came through with a triple post! Bonus points for hitting on Cow/Dick in the first one.
really more like an 8/10, might've gotten a perfect score with the trademarked "Dickson Disease" and an implausibly specific Yulman capacity figure

(just poking fun, i agree with jj's observations)
Wave755
Tsunami

:idea: 2019 Final Score: Mississippi State 53, ULALA 3. :-P
nawlinspete
Riptide

As ULaLa opens its 2019 season against Mississippi State at home in New Orleans !

At Gormley ?

At Yulman ?

At MBSD ?

per Football Schedules.com
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Aberzombie1892
Swell

This information has been out for a while, but it's still unfortunate.
galvezwave
Swell

It does nothing for tulane, but honestly, nobody in America besides about 17,000 people from Lafayette are going to even notice this game or even remotely give a damn. If Tulane is winning msu is not much of a factor in Nola recruiting wise. It's nothing to get panties in a wad over . Imo.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

galvezwave wrote:It does nothing for tulane, but honestly, nobody in America besides about 17,000 people from Lafayette are going to even notice this game or even remotely give a damn. If Tulane is winning msu is not much of a factor in Nola recruiting wise. It's nothing to get panties in a wad over . Imo.
I agree...it is year old news and two years from being played...
waveprof
Ripple

Tulane has a home game that same day vs Florida International
cajunfanatico
Swell

I'm one Cajun fan who has long believed that the program should try to schedule such a match, if not every year, then perhaps every other year. The downside seems to be minimal and if we happen to field an excellent team, the upside is huge. And playing in the Dome is, well, you know.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Show Me
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote:I'm one Cajun fan who has long believed that the program should try to schedule such a match, if not every year, then perhaps every other year. The downside seems to be minimal and if we happen to field an excellent team, the upside is huge. And playing in the Dome is, well, you know.
Soccer or Tennis match?
Football is a game not a match.