New Post: Scott Cowen Passes The Buck On Leadership Again

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JTLiuzza
Swell

What a piece of work that guy is. In private an incredible micro manager. Dickson probably can't paint his office without getting Cowen to sign off on the color. But in public? Well if the issue is a popular one, his goofy mug will be all over it in as many media vehicles as possible.

If the issue is a little sticky or controversial, he either tries to do it in the dark (the "review"), or he buffers himself with "blue ribbon committees" and being bound by the recommendations of his department heads.

Yeah, he's a regular Charlemagne.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

No kidding. Hopefully people start getting angry and ready to do something about it before he ruins Tulane for good.
Bigschtick
Riptide

absolute worse president in the history of Tulane. I remember back to circa 1963, there was an article in Time magazine about the four most upcoming universities in the US which included Emory, Washington U in St Louis, University of Rochester, Tulane. Well, we have not gone anywhere academically and this Tulane model is a bad joke and an excuse to ruin athletics as well. We will be doomed under the "leadership" of this self absorbed phony, Coward.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Hello everyone...Myles Brand here, posting from "zero tolerance hell"...Please leave my good friend Scott Coward alone...all this bashing and negative post are confusing the issue with fact..and as all good Politicians, University Prez's and some half witted AD's will tell ya...this is not a good practice !!!!..and, as my good freind Bob Knight will tell you, I and Scott are very much alike
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Cowen is the quintessential bureaucratic loser. He hides behind committees and procedures, is driven solely by what it means to his image, is a micromanager (one of the premier symptoms of a poor leader), shows little or no courage on important topics, and has no concept of how to be a strategic leader. He also seems to stagger through life with realtively little information about what the rest of the collegiate world is doing on anything--he doesn't even seem to have a good base of facts on which to assess where Tulane stands. He redefines the term "clueless", and takes the term "devious" to new heights.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote:Cowen is the quintessential bureaucratic loser. He hides behind committees and procedures, is driven solely by what it means to his image, is a micromanager (one of the premier symptoms of a poor leader), shows little or no courage on important topics, and has no concept of how to be a strategic leader. He also seems to stagger through life with realtively little information about what the rest of the collegiate world is doing on anything--he doesn't even seem to have a good base of facts on which to assess where Tulane stands. He redefines the term "clueless", and takes the term "devious" to new heights.
Why don't you tell us how you really feel??? :D
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
HoustonWave
Tsunami

One of these days I just might. For now, I'll continue to focus on Cowen's strengths (LOL).
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Bigschtick
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote:Cowen is the quintessential bureaucratic loser. He hides behind committees and procedures, is driven solely by what it means to his image, is a micromanager (one of the premier symptoms of a poor leader), shows little or no courage on important topics, and has no concept of how to be a strategic leader. He also seems to stagger through life with realtively little information about what the rest of the collegiate world is doing on anything--he doesn't even seem to have a good base of facts on which to assess where Tulane stands. He redefines the term "clueless", and takes the term "devious" to new heights.

quite eloquent as usual, houston wave.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!