Cameron Jackel

Talk about the latest recruits here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

'4.0 GPA' - I like that. 'Wants ro major in EE' - Hope he's flexible with this.

Oh well...lots of things change in a year.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Welcome and we finally have a local recruit, a big offensive tackle standing at 6'5 300 lbs playing at Shaw! He seems like a great local pick up. Here's a link to his hudl. He certainly looks college level ready, and also a 4.0 student. Roll Wave!

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/2716305/572 ... 5540ab07b5
anEngineer
Riptide

Not having a legitimate engineering program definitely hurts recruiting.
wave97
Swell

anEngineer wrote:Not having a legitimate engineering program definitely hurts recruiting.
He can always enroll for a BS in environmental earth sciences, or better yet in environmental studies and get hired by a state or federal regulatory authority and be set for life.
Last edited by wave97 on Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote:Not having a legitimate engineering program definitely hurts recruiting.
There is a legit program tmk.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Technically, its the School of Science and Engineering. There's not a separate engineering school. We offer Chemical Engineering and Biomedical Engineering, but not Electrical or Civil Engineering from what I can see. Maybe I'm just missing it.

http://www2.tulane.edu/sse/academics/un ... ograms.cfm
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bearwave
High Tide

The stud football players aren't majoring in Engineering or Pre-Med, they're the sports administration and leisure studies type guys. :wink:
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
anEngineer
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:Technically, its the School of Science and Engineering. There's not a separate engineering school. We offer Chemical Engineering and Biomedical Engineering, but not Electrical or Civil Engineering from what I can see. Maybe I'm just missing it.

The Biomedical Engineering program is mostly research-oriented and is not classical engineering program as it used to be. Also, the overwhelming bulk of engineering students enroll in Mechanical, Electrical and Civil. To not offer those programs is to NOT have a legitimate engineering program.
To say that football players don't major in engineering has been disproven by the fact that Cameron Jackel wants to major in it. Most won't but many have when we had full engineering. It also greatly hinders baseball recruiting where coaches are forced to recruit players with high academics and would want to major in engineering.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
There is a legit program tmk.
Really? My understanding is that we don't have one, and, if a student wants a degree in that area, the student has to do a 3/2 program with Tulane and either Johns Hopkins or Vanderbilt.

http://www2.tulane.edu/sse/pep/academic ... g-program/

Anyway, this kid is currently rated a 2* and doesn't appear to have any other offers.
bananax07
Ripple

Aberzombie1892 wrote:Anyway, this kid is currently rated a 2* and doesn't appear to have any other offers.
was waiting for you to chime in with this. thanks!
RobertM320
Green Wave

anEngineer wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Technically, its the School of Science and Engineering. There's not a separate engineering school. We offer Chemical Engineering and Biomedical Engineering, but not Electrical or Civil Engineering from what I can see. Maybe I'm just missing it.

The Biomedical Engineering program is mostly research-oriented and is not classical engineering program as it used to be. Also, the overwhelming bulk of engineering students enroll in Mechanical, Electrical and Civil. To not offer those programs is to NOT have a legitimate engineering program.
To say that football players don't major in engineering has been disproven by the fact that Cameron Jackel wants to major in it. Most won't but many have when we had full engineering. It also greatly hinders baseball recruiting where coaches are forced to recruit players with high academics and would want to major in engineering.
I realize that, which is why I mentioned that I saw no Electrical or Civil engineering in the programs. We do not have a full scale typical engineering program.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Robert1969
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote:'4.0 GPA' - I like that. 'Wants ro major in EE' - Hope he's flexible with this.

Oh well...lots of things change in a year.
Took me a while to find it. Its a dual degree BS/BE with electrical engineering:

http://www2.tulane.edu/sse/pep/academic ... g-program/
Robert1969
Riptide

And he could take Engineering Physics and pursue a specialization track in Electrical Engineering.
Jaxwave
Swell

The fear is that as signing date nears, Arkansas falls back to this kid with an offer.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They did offer. Then pulled back.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bearwave wrote:The stud football players aren't majoring in Engineering or Pre-Med, they're the sports administration and leisure studies type guys. :wink:
Really? Matt Forte graduated from the School of Business. I guess he wasn't a stud? Doesn't that kinda blow up your argument?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

The TP had a nice interview with Mr. Jackel and what stood out to him when he committed. He's going to make it work with the civic egineering program. Also, the article mentions he had to miss a season because of a shoulder injury (might be why he is lowly rated and Arkansas pulled their offer). +1 for having SMART tough lineman.

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... river_home
RobertM320
Green Wave

Did they mean civil engineering, or civic engineering? Not sure what they are exactly.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Did they mean civil engineering, or civic engineering? Not sure what they are exactly.
That was a major typo by me, engineering physics*. Sounds pretty tough. :lol:
JimDerryJr
Trickle

I did not write that Cameron missed all of last season with a shoulder injury, rather that he has missed much of the OFFSEASON. Cameron asked me to come on here to clarify. He's very excited about being a student at Tulane and being a member of the Wave football team.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

JimDerryJr wrote:I did not write that Cameron missed all of last season with a shoulder injury, rather that he has missed much of the OFFSEASON. Cameron asked me to come on here to clarify. He's very excited about being a student at Tulane and being a member of the Wave football team.
Thanks for clearing that up. Please tell him we are very happy he's coming to play for us.
OUG
Riptide

Have a good feeling about this kid. Seems smart, composed, and motivated, not to mention has a good frame for a Tackle.
Robert1969
Riptide

JimDerryJr wrote:I did not write that Cameron missed all of last season with a shoulder injury, rather that he has missed much of the OFFSEASON. Cameron asked me to come on here to clarify. He's very excited about being a student at Tulane and being a member of the Wave football team.
Tell him not to read message boards.