chain gang x man
Swell

Could be Houston Athlele of the year

https://mobile.twitter.com/zachzubia?re ... wsrc%5Etfw

lurker123
Swell

chain gang x man wrote:Could be Houston Athlele of the year

https://mobile.twitter.com/zachzubia?re ... wsrc%5Etfw
I had forgotten Zubia was a decent QB at Strake. Think Fritz will ask Pierce to borrow him this fall? If so that gives baseball another scholarship (or at least partial one depending upon Zubia's signing deal on his LOI.)

Regardless, Congrats to him. Well deserved.
wave97
Swell

He doesn't look very well suited for the read option, he has Pro written all over him.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote:He doesn't look very well suited for the read option, he has Pro written all over him.
Although he made quite a few throws further downfield than you typically associate with the read option, it looked like that was what he was running. Almost every play started with a read--faking the hand off to the RB then either throwing or running. My concern is his happy feet. But he makes some amazing throws on that HUDL clip.

I wonder if he didn't decide to quite football when his HS career ended?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
chain gang x man
Swell

chain gang x man
Swell

Sean Allen (@SeanAllen3)
6/18/16, 8:27 PM
Congrats to @zachzubia on earning 6a Houston Hitter of the Year! #rollwave #bombs twitter.com/zachzubia/stat…
Adding his bat should make us set for next year especially if Montalbano recovers from his TJ
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Congrats. Really looking forward to seeing him play. Someone has mentioned he may need TJ surgery. Hope that's not true.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
chain gang x man
Swell

Zach Zubia (@zachzubia)
6/21/16, 8:46 PM
Blessed to have been named 1st team all state today! Can't explain how much this means to me!
First team 6A all state 3rd baseman
chain gang x man
Swell

Zach has had TJ surgery and is doing rehab
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sorry to hear that. I hope he has a full and speedy recovery.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
chain gang x man
Swell

Zach Zubia (@zachzubia)
6/22/16, 2:35 PM
@tulane_al sadly it is true, but I already had it. Just workin on the road to recovery now, and a great season.

Tweet from Zach. He is ready to get started. Doing rehab just like Jeremy
If we use Kaplan as a measuring stick he should be good to go come fall. Kaplan did not have his TJ until July

Hoping for the best
chain gang x man
Swell

If not fall definitely for the start of the season
chain gang x man
Swell

Zach was number 2 in HR and number 3 in RBI in 6A in the state of Texas
Coach Jewett needs to get him in town and hide him from Sean Allen
He is rehabbing from TJ
TU23
High Tide

Zubia is already enrolled. He can't leave without sitting out this year, but I don't think he's going anywhere. He should be healthy enough to be a DH or play 1B, but I think we've got a logjam with Hunter Williams and Montalbano (who I don't think will be able to catch bc of his Tommy John...catchers throw too much). He might get a few starts at DH and be a big bat off the bench.
chain gang x man
Swell

TU23 wrote:Zubia is already enrolled. He can't leave without sitting out this year, but I don't think he's going anywhere. He should be healthy enough to be a DH or play 1B, but I think we've got a logjam with Hunter Williams and Montalbano (who I don't think will be able to catch bc of his Tommy John...catchers throw too much). He might get a few starts at DH and be a big bat off the bench.
Great to know
I saw one of the guys with a brace on his arm but I didn't know if was Zach
We will have options at 1st and DH
Catcher and shortstop are the only 2 positions without any experience
winwave
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:
TU23 wrote:Zubia is already enrolled. He can't leave without sitting out this year, but I don't think he's going anywhere. He should be healthy enough to be a DH or play 1B, but I think we've got a logjam with Hunter Williams and Montalbano (who I don't think will be able to catch bc of his Tommy John...catchers throw too much). He might get a few starts at DH and be a big bat off the bench.
Great to know
I saw one of the guys with a brace on his arm but I didn't know if was Zach
We will have options at 1st and DH
Catcher and shortstop are the only 2 positions without any experience
That's true at SS and catcher. Though Rogers and Alemais both started at those positions as freshman three years ago. So hopefully it's not as dire a situation there as it looks right now.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Any word on the other recruits? Are we losing any in the transition from Pierce to Jewett? Any following Jewett?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:Any word on the other recruits? Are we losing any in the transition from Pierce to Jewett? Any following Jewett?
I may be wrong, but I think it would be hard for a player to not come to Tulane this year unless they go the JC route or just not enroll....but then again I did attend Public schools in Jeff parish...so anything is possible !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:Any word on the other recruits? Are we losing any in the transition from Pierce to Jewett? Any following Jewett?
I don't think we lost any veteran players when Pierce took over and just one recruit. I think it will be the same this go around. Merrill's public remarks tell you a lot.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

chain gang x man wrote:Zach Zubia (@zachzubia)
6/22/16, 2:35 PM
@tulane_al sadly it is true, but I already had it. Just workin on the road to recovery now, and a great season.

Tweet from Zach. He is ready to get started. Doing rehab just like Jeremy
If we use Kaplan as a measuring stick he should be good to go come fall. Kaplan did not have his TJ until July

Hoping for the best
As a pitcher, it's usually AT MINIMUM 1 year from surgery to returning. Maybe as a position player, it's sooner. Zach Wheeler, pitcher for the Mets, had his TJ surgery in early April 2015. His initial target date for return was early July (2016), but a setback caused by an un-dissolved stitch pushed him back and he now targets a return in mid-August.

I hope we don't rush anyone back from surgery, risking their career for a season of NCAA baseball.
chain gang x man
Swell

Graff, Zubia, Capel lead local TXSWA all-state baseball selections - Sports - Houston Community Newspapers from Examiner Sports’s Tweet
netshorty
Surge

Unfortunately Zubia has followed Pierce to Texas (per twitter account)
RobertM320
Green Wave

Its been rumored for some time. Its official now. Wish him the best of luck. Its not so bad for him, because he was going to miss most of the year anyway due to Tommy John surgery. But I wonder how this exactly works. Since he registered here, then transferred you sit out a year, but does he still have 4 years of eligibility? As in, this year will be like a redshirt year?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

He must have saw the writing on the wall here. He wouldn't have been able to play much until a a few years , if that. UT is in rebuilding stages so he has much better chance on playing early there and they weren't even ranked top 100 last year in rpi so obviously they need help. Plus he's really not the type of recruit Jewett goes after.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wish him the best, and hope he doesn't throw a ball for 12 months after his surgery. TJ Surgery is serious and something that should require 12 months of inactivity.