TU Women's Rugby National Champs!

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Great video:
http://gifttimerugby.com/
Tulane University Women’s Rugby achieved their first ever Final Four appearance for the USA Women’s Rugby National Championships. They will be the first women’s rugby team from the state of Louisiana to achieve a final four appearance at any level.

A 37-0 win over University of Arkansas would give Tulane their first title shot, after only being active for two years.
The girls need some funding help:
https://www.gofundme.com/4jxaeqfw

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Do we just need to win, or win 37-0 in order to advance?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:Do we just need to win, or win 37-0 in order to advance?
Just win. Only 4 teams left. It's takes place on May 7th.
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

Congrats to the ladies! Please donate. They have around 9k now and need 15K.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Women's rugby update: Tulane defeats Salisbury 55-38 in semifinals. Will play for the spring national championship tomorrow at 1 pm vs winner of USC/Humboldt St.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Women's rugby update: Tulane defeats Salisbury 55-38 in semifinals. Will play for the spring national championship tomorrow at 1 pm vs winner of USC/Humboldt St.
If Tulane wins...will the dome be lighted in Green and Blue ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Women's rugby update: Tulane defeats Salisbury 55-38 in semifinals. Will play for the spring national championship tomorrow at 1 pm vs winner of USC/Humboldt St.
If Tulane wins...will the dome be lighted in Green and Blue ?
Lol only in our dreams.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

And yet, its not the final final tomorrow. From what I've read, the winner of tomorrow's game against Humboldt St is the Spring National Champion. They must play the fall champion Davenport on May 7th for the National title.

http://www.goffrugbyreport.com/news/fin ... ths-making
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:And yet, its not the final final tomorrow. From what I've read, the winner of tomorrow's game against Humboldt St is the Spring National Champion. They must play the fall champion Davenport on May 7th for the National title.

Damn. That's insane.
Tulane Class of 1981
Robert1969
Riptide

Wonder if this can become a varsity sport sponsored by the NCAA.
wave97
Swell

Robert1969 wrote:Wonder if this can become a varsity sport sponsored by the NCAA.
We're currently compliant, aren't we?
Women's rugby has been recognized by the NCAA as an "Emerging Sport" since 2002. I spent many years working with Men's & Women's collegiate rugby programs in a fundraising capacity. As a general rule, rugby players are as solid a group of kids as you can find anywhere. Team size requirements & geography create financial stress that is difficult to overcome if you are not located in the Northeast.
Division I: Brown Univ., Dartmouth College, Harvard Univ., Quinnipiac Univ., Sacred Heart Univ., United States Military Academy.
Division II: American International College, Central Washington Univ., Notre Dame College, West Chester University.
Division III: Bowdoin College, Norwich University.
NAIA Varsity Women's Rugby Teams: Davenport University, Life University.
Varsity Club Women's Rugby Teams (recognized by NCAA): Brigham Young University, Colorado-Mesa, Lindenwood University, Penn State University, Spring Hill College, Stanford University, University of Mary Washington, Vassar College.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

5-0 Wave leading over Humboldt.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave Rugby now up 24-10 at halftime
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave wins 39-32!
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Congrats !!!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Congrats to the ladies! We should be proud of and support all Tulane teams that excel!.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
nawlinspete
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:And yet, its not the final final tomorrow. From what I've read, the winner of tomorrow's game against Humboldt St is the Spring National Champion. They must play the fall champion Davenport on May 7th for the National title.

Damn. That's insane.
Good newspaper people get their facts straight before they use their keyboard !
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
RobertM320
Green Wave

I guess since they split it into two halves, Fall and Spring, we are technically DII Spring National Champions. Now, let's get the whole thing and leave no doubt.

On a side note, I wonder if we could move up to a DI Elite level or whatever the next higher classification is. DI is having their "Final Final" on May 7 as well.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
Robert1969
Riptide

Congrats to the Women. It may not be a major sport, and it is "only" a club sport, but around these parts we will take any national championship we can get. #RollDamnedWave
Robert1969
Riptide

Here's the article from Rugby Breakdown:

http://www.therugbybreakdown.com/#!Tula ... b075cd09cd

On twitter the writer of that article called the Tulane game the best rugby game she's seen all year.

https://twitter.com/the_breakdown_/stat ... 6077534208
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Robert1969 wrote:Here's the article from Rugby Breakdown:

http://www.therugbybreakdown.com/#!Tula ... b075cd09cd

On twitter the writer of that article called the Tulane game the best rugby game she's seen all year.

https://twitter.com/the_breakdown_/stat ... 6077534208
I wish I were in NOLA.... Sportsnola and the TV stations should give this team some air time and printed publicity...c'mon TPS, call in some favors !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Is there any way for the University to provide funding to get them to the final game?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:Is there any way for the University to provide funding to get them to the final game?
it may be time for a "go fund me" type of thing
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Is there any way for the University to provide funding to get them to the final game?
it may be time for a "go fund me" type of thing
https://www.gofundme.com/4jxaeqfw
Tulane Class of 1981