Southeastern game results

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jonathan
Riptide

Most of you know from my previious posts know that I feel Rick Jones and staff must go At a half million a year salarly he has brought us to the bottom of lowly Cusa by poor recruiting and coaching I am out of town what is final score against our Southland opponet and how did we do. In the old days for the Senator Hainkel cup we won every game handily

tnelly15
Riptide

13-1 loss is the final. I understand it's been a rough few years, but I know we cant get anyone better. I find it funny that the head coach who has proven he can win gets more criticism than any of the other coaches who have been here recently. Even when he was winning people were more critical of him.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I'm tellin' ya...it is da bats...Tulane must have accepted a shipment of defective Bats...dat's gotta be da reason !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

OMG, is this getting depressing. First football, then basketball falls apart now our perennial strength looks less than strong.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
JTLiuzza
Swell

tnelly15 wrote:I know we cant get anyone better.
I'm not yet on the 'run RJ out of town' bandwagon. I think he's fallen asleep at the switch but his track record earns him the opportunity to get the ship righted.

But to suggest that, at half-million dollars a year (if indeed that is what he is making) we couldn't do any better; well, lets say I'll strongly disagree with that.

What would likely happen (and perhaps this is what you meant), is that if Jones goes, Cowen in his proven genius would cap the salary of the replacement to the point that all we could get is a crap shoot on an assistant or a retread.

But at any rate we're nowhere near that point yet. Plenty baseball left.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
Dupergreenie
Surge

im not defending the start to this season, but with the new rules in place its making it even harder to recruit here. and before you jump up and down saying that rice and other 'private' schools have the same recruiting rules as tulane. rice and stanford both have programs set up to off set the recruiting rules. TULANE has not caught up to them.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

We really need to see how this season plays out into the first few conference series before making any judgements on Jones and the team. I know from the first four it doesn't look good, but there's still many more to play.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)