Dylan Osetkowski

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Profoundwizard wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:Very unfortunate to lose this kid, but good luck to him in the future.

Within 48 hours of the end of the season?

https://twitter.com/DylanOsetkowski
Yes. He's leaving because he pissed. He was on the bench in the middle of the game when he heard EC was fired.
So Tulane should keep a Coach who has has six years of failure! Last place in the conference! Get lost Osetkowski! He should be pissed about being worst in conference, not about Conroy being fired! Dannen is hiring a Winner!
I think being a player you hate to lose the coach that recruited you. He probably has some loyalty there. Let's hope we don't lose too many. Sadly this is the nature of college basketball today.
Hope we don't lose too many? Why? We suck I'm fine with a mostly new roster from a coach that actually knows what he's doing
Because there was some real young talent, it was just very poorly coached.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:Very unfortunate to lose this kid, but good luck to him in the future.

Yes. He's leaving because he pissed. He was on the bench in the middle of the game when he heard EC was fired.
So Tulane should keep a Coach who has has six years of failure! Last place in the conference! Get lost Osetkowski! He should be pissed about being worst in conference, not about Conroy being fired! Dannen is hiring a Winner!
I think being a player you hate to lose the coach that recruited you. He probably has some loyalty there. Let's hope we don't lose too many. Sadly this is the nature of college basketball today.
Hope we don't lose too many? Why? We suck I'm fine with a mostly new roster from a coach that actually knows what he's doing
The tournament proved that the potential talent is there. A new coach coming in would like this team.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

Fine. But if his reason for leaving was what he heard on the bench on Saturday and had obtained his release from the University by Tuesday, then we are talking about an amazing reaction/overreaction.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

jonathanjoseph wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

Fine. But if his reason for leaving was what he heard on the bench on Saturday and had obtained his release from the University by Tuesday, then we are talking about an amazing reaction/overreaction.
It's hard to tell. But my source said the players were very upset about how The news broke. It's time to look forward. I wish Big O success. His parents are very nice people and came in for a few games and sat near us. He'll probably want to play closer to home where his parents can make every game.
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

The tournament proved that the potential talent is there. A new coach coming in would like this team.
I'm not saying I want to lose them but The tournament didn't prove much of anything. First of all it was two games, one of which was against a really bad team. 2nd The 30 games prior is a better representation of the team and the talent on it than some small sample size. 3rd it's already decided that Dabney and Osetkowski are gone. Those two and Morgan are the only guys on the team that can score
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

I'm not saying I want to lose them but The tournament didn't prove much of anything. First of all it was two games, one of which was against a really bad team. 2nd The 30 games prior is a better representation of the team and the talent on it than some small sample size. 3rd it's already decided that Dabney and Osetkowski are gone. Those two and Morgan are the only guys on the team that can score
We also lost some guys to injury that hurt us. Jerreau missed most of the year, Reynolds missed the early part and Kajon Mack missed just about all of the year.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's been pointed out elsewhere that Dylan's family had been bashing the coaching staff all season on social media. He was leaving anyway.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenphantom
Swell

Let's not kid ourselves. The talent is marginal. a good coach would have improved the record but we have a ways to go to contend for an NCAA bid. We were the Gang The Couldn't Shoot Straight
puffy
Surge

The AAC Tourney was a nice showing, but I'm not sure what it revealed about the current talent or its potential. Houston was an upset victory, but outside of that UCF was equally as bad as Tulane, and a mediocre Memphis squad won by 20.

Any holes in the roster will be an opportunity for a graduate transfer or freshman to come in and get playing time. I'm certain any coach who takes the job will know that the likelihood of roster turnover will be high and will be prepared for it as best they can be.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

We also lost some guys to injury that hurt us. Jerreau missed most of the year, Reynolds missed the early part and Kajon Mack missed just about all of the year.
Jerreau didn't do much of anything, and might have been our 4th best post player. DO, Paul and Oliver were all better, but as it were Conroy played both Jerreau and Ryan Smith over the frosh.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

winwave wrote:It's been pointed out elsewhere that Dylan's family had been bashing the coaching staff all season on social media. He was leaving anyway.
Ok, well TPS is suggesting something different.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

greenphantom wrote:Let's not kid ourselves. The talent is marginal. a good coach would have improved the record but we have a ways to go to contend for an NCAA bid. We were the Gang The Couldn't Shoot Straight
The reason coaching matters is because good shots have a better chance of going in then bad shots, and Tulane has been taking nothing but bad shots for 6 years now.

Tulane has/had a very promising set of big men on the roster that, with the right coaching, was definitely tourny-type talent to build around. Osetkowski was going to be all conference as a junior. Frazier could also grow into a 2X all conference type player. Paul and Oliver can both be very solid D1A big men. The backcourt players are easier to find, and who knows what Kain Harris could be able to become.

Losing Osetkowski is much like losing Tanner Lee/Teddy Veal. Real painful losses of talent but necessary fallout from the process of change.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

jonathanjoseph wrote:
winwave wrote:It's been pointed out elsewhere that Dylan's family had been bashing the coaching staff all season on social media. He was leaving anyway.
Ok, well TPS is suggesting something different.
To keep peace I'll not repeat his text. Trust me on this. I told everyone exactly what would happen before it did. It's time to save the freshman if still possible.
Tulane Class of 1981
DrBox
Riptide

winwave wrote:He was leaving anyway.
This I suspect is the truth.
Making transfer decisions based on what you hear on the bench during a game just doesn't make any sense. They were nothing but transfers out during Conroy's term so I don't see why this is any different. I don't deny that's what your source says, or that you have a good source. But it still sounds like a convenient pretext to me....leave while standing up for the coach in a difficult time for him.
We need to keep Frazier. He is the player with the athletic talent that we haven't seen here in years. I also want to keep those two guards that we have signed up....they aren't just commitments, they are signees
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote:
Making transfer decisions based on what you hear on the bench during a game just doesn't make any sense. They were nothing but transfers out during Conroy's term so I don't see why this is any different. I don't deny that's what your source says, or that you have a good source. But it still sounds like a convenient pretext to me....leave while standing up for the coach in a difficult time for him.
We need to keep Frazier. He is the player with the athletic talent that we haven't seen here in years. I also want to keep those two guards that we have signed up....they aren't just commitments, they are signees
Funny. I never once saw anyone post or even hint at that O was leaving until I did. And I would have never posted that without knowing for sure. People can believe what they want. All I know is what his text said and that wasn't the case.
Tulane Class of 1981
Eaglewave
Swell

I guess those 16 points from Osetkowski in a loss to Southern sold fans on this kid. I missed it. This kid wasn't that good to me and can easily get used and abused by any big man with good feet. (As we saw in our Conroy's last stand vs Memphis)

Let's move on and find what we need. He wasn't it.
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
DrBox wrote:
Funny. I never once saw anyone post or even hint at that O was leaving until I did. And I would have never posted that without knowing for sure. People can believe what they want. All I know is what his text said and that wasn't the case.
His mother and aunt among others went off on the staff for the poor offensive system among other things most of the season. That was talked about for much of the season on the other site. Then at the end they joined EC in the faux outrage over the ending to help justify their position.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenphantom
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
DrBox wrote:
TPS, I dont doubt you at all but i do doubt that he is transferring because of what he heard on the bench during a game. It's a convenient excuse and a way to show loyalty to EC on the way out. He was a good player but far from being all conference. Played well at times but was also very quiet against some of the better competition.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
DrBox wrote:
His mother and aunt among others went off on the staff for the poor offensive system among other things most of the season. That was talked about for much of the season on the other site. Then at the end they joined EC in the faux outrage over the ending to help justify their position.
Ok. Let's assume that's true. His mother and aunt should be happy that the coach is gone then why leave now? Why not wait a week and see who we hire and then make a decision? Suppose TD comes up with a great hire. Using Tanner Lee as an example he liked CJ a lot. However he waited to see who we hired first then met with the new staff and decided. If O's family didn't like the coaches they should be happy now and wait until a new one is hired then make a decision.
Tulane Class of 1981
DrBox
Riptide

I never stark was leaving until after the season. Davis neither. There were rumors on tarrant but that's because he basically met with the Alabama staff when the team was in Alabama in December.
Transfer after transfer after transfer. That suddenly was going to stop? I got a lot of general speculation over the last few months about which one of these players will leave.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Really strange timing. Will be interested to see where he lands.

This women posts more than the typical teenage girl (maybe I am just getting old):

https://twitter.com/sabinaosetkowsk
Last edited by mbawavefan12 on Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaxwave
Swell

Mediocre players who were given scholarship from Tulane when not recruited by others certainly would be loyal to that coach. They also might not be confident that the next coach will think as highly as the previous one did. Just becAuse one might think that this player was one of our best doesn't necessarily mean he is irreplaceable. We were a terrible team. He would have had to improve by leaps and bounds to be at the level that the upper level teams in the AAC have inside.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
DrBox wrote:
Ok. Let's assume that's true. His mother and aunt should be happy that the coach is gone then why leave now? Why not wait a week and see who we hire and then make a decision? Suppose TD comes up with a great hire. Using Tanner Lee as an example he liked CJ a lot. However he waited to see who we hired first then met with the new staff and decided. If O's family didn't like the coaches they should be happy now and wait until a new one is hired then make a decision.
No assuming it's true. People posted about it throughout the season. As to why he wouldn't wait that's simple. He already knew where he was going next.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
DrBox wrote:
No assuming it's true. People posted about it throughout the season. As to why he wouldn't wait that's simple. He already knew where he was going next.
I disagree.
Read her last two tweets:
Better yet keep going back in this link.

Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
DrBox wrote:
I disagree.
Read her last two tweets:

IDK, it's freaking ridiculous that someone would get so offended that some rouge employee released details on the firing three days too early. Especially when talking about a guy who has been given six years and shown very little.

I agree with winwave, he was gone either way, the leak outrage is just an excuse. If in fact the leak was a large factor then seriously good riddance.