Tulane Offers Tyriek Starks, Warren Easton QB

Talk about the latest recruits here.
RobertM320
Green Wave

We offered Tyriek Starks, the QB from Warren Easton on Saturday.
T.Starks #9Gang
‏@saucytj9
Receive another offer today from Tulane University #RollWave
9:47 PM - 23 Jan 2016

And then this just a little while ago.
Charlie Beuttel ‏@charlie_cds3 3h3 hours ago
Warren Easton (LA) QB Tyriek Starks (@saucytj9) set to make his college announcement tomorrow. Top 3: Georgia Southern, Kansas, Tulane.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
nawlinspete
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:We offered Tyriek Starks, the QB from Warren Easton on Saturday.
T.Starks #9Gang
‏@saucytj9
Receive another offer today from Tulane University #RollWave
9:47 PM - 23 Jan 2016

And then this just a little while ago.
Charlie Beuttel ‏@charlie_cds3 3h3 hours ago
Warren Easton (LA) QB Tyriek Starks (@saucytj9) set to make his college announcement tomorrow. Top 3: Georgia Southern, Kansas, Tulane.
Be a Greenie For Life. Roll Wave
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
puffy
Surge

I wonder what this says about how things are going in regards to Tulane's recruitment of both Scott and Pigrome.
TU23
High Tide

The timing would indicate that Starks is going to Kansas. I don't believe he's been on campus and he hasn't visited Ga Southern so the only school he's visited is Kansas.

I don't think this says anything about our pursuit of the other 2 QBs. I think we're covering our bases in case we miss out. I'd say the odds are 50/50 on Scott and about 20/80 on Pigram.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Then again, Starks lives in NOLA. He's probably been to campus before, or maybe even an unofficial visit.

Personally, I never have understood a kid from NOLA wanting to commit to schools like Kansas, Texas Tech, Iowa State, etc. Who the heck wants to voluntarily live in one of those cities for four or five years?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
cajunfanatico
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Then again, Starks lives in NOLA. He's probably been to campus before, or maybe even an unofficial visit.

Personally, I never have understood a kid from NOLA wanting to commit to schools like Kansas, Texas Tech, Iowa State, etc. Who the heck wants to voluntarily live in one of those cities for four or five years?
Perhaps the chance to showcase his talents on national TV against the likes of Oklahoma, Texas, Baylor, etc is more appealing than competing against Tulsa, SMU, East Carolina, etc. Like it or not, the P5's are a lot more sexy than the rest of us.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Can't argue with you there. Which is the same reason I've always said I'd rather schedule a downtrodden P5 team (Purdue/Indiana/Vanderbilt/WakeForest/IowaState) than a good CUSA/SBC/FCS team.
cajunfanatico
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Can't argue with you there. Which is the same reason I've always said I'd rather schedule a downtrodden P5 team (Purdue/Indiana/Vanderbilt/WakeForest/IowaState) than a good CUSA/SBC/FCS team.
True dat. Only problem with that strategery is that you'd end up having to play most of your OOC games on the road. Tough to get those guys in a home & home, well, at least for us.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I don't think it would be that tough. Those schools are no better than us, except for the P5 designation. And their fanbase would love a trip to NOLA. But we can't do it if we don't try. Maybe with the connections TD has in the Midwest we could get a couple of home and homes.
cajunfanatico
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:I don't think it would be that tough. Those schools are no better than us, except for the P5 designation. And their fanbase would love a trip to NOLA. But we can't do it if we don't try. Maybe with the connections TD has in the Midwest we could get a couple of home and homes.
The city of New Orleans is a huge draw and one that Tulane has probably under-utilized in the past. I doubt that will be the case going forward with your new AD. From a guarantee standpoint the size of the stadium may be a hinderance but that should be overcome easily enough if the money is there from other sources.....ie an actual functional and competitive athletic department.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

cajunfanatico wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Then again, Starks lives in NOLA. He's probably been to campus before, or maybe even an unofficial visit.

Perhaps the chance to showcase his talents on national TV against the likes of Oklahoma, Texas, Baylor, etc is more appealing than competing against Tulsa, SMU, East Carolina, etc. Like it or not, the P5's are a lot more sexy than the rest of us.

Tulane would have beaten Kansas last year...I cannot even believe I just wrote that !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

If I were a NOLA kid, I would not use an official visit to visit Tulane, I would visit Tulane "unofficially". I can't see why anyone would want to go to Kansas--a perpetual bottom feeder. And as far as television coverage, I can't remember a the last time I saw Kansas--even when they play the likes of OU, they are rarely on the tube. Kansas has few people in it, and about 90% of them are rabid basketball fans--as a football player you are off the radar screen for good at Kansas. On the other hand, I saw (unfortunately given CJ's performance) every Tulane game on the tube, other than the one's I attended. Game, set, match when it comes to comparing Tulane to Kansas--unless you are a basketball player.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I know I wanted to get far away from home when I was 18. And I did!

I also took 8 showers the first day on campus. Some might complain about the cold, others might complain about the heat and humidity. I know a whole lot of people that "love New Orleans but wouldn't want to live there." I'm hoping to retire there! LOL, at 80!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
batonverde
Ripple

He tweeted he has to go to Kansas.
RobertM320
Green Wave

T.Starks #9Gang
‏@saucytj9
#RockChalk #Jayhawks

Poor guy sounds like he's just been sentenced.

"With prayer and family guidance I have to spend my next four years at the University of Kansas."
greenphantom
Swell

Strange. Have fun at a Big 12 bottom feeder who annually loses to FCS teams.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

What would it have meant if he committed for Mr Alabama and Lindsey Scott? I'm ok with our 4th choice in the last month choosing Kansas. Good luck to him.
GreenLantern
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Poor guy sounds like he's just been sentenced.

"With prayer and family guidance I have to spend my next four years at the University of Kansas."
My guess is that it was just an awkward way to state something that was abundantly obvious (at least in his own mind):

After receiving invitations from both Whoopie Goldberg and Kate Upton, I have to spend my weekend with Kate Upton. Whoopie Is the unfortunate comparative to Tulane in this metaphorical instance.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Kansas football will always play second fiddle to Kansas basketball. Aka Kentucky, Duke and a few others.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:I don't think it would be that tough. Those schools are no better than us, except for the P5 designation. And their fanbase would love a trip to NOLA. But we can't do it if we don't try. Maybe with the connections TD has in the Midwest we could get a couple of home and homes.
We need to play these lower echelon P5 universities if we are going to be competing for recruits. Troy Dannen needs to get as many P5 games as possible. Playing UlaLa does absolutely nothing to raise our profile locally or regionally or nationally.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
JerseyWave
Riptide

It's pretty clear right now it comes down to P5 vs G5. It used to be BCS vs Non BCS. P5 Coaches probably use a lot of negative recruiting to sway kids away from the G5 competition. The wide receiver, Coleman is a perfect example. He commits to Tulane after his visit, two days later gets an offer from Texas Tech. I expect him to visit and flip their way all because they are P5. It's the conference, the exposure, the money involved and the quality of the opponents on the schedule.

Tulane has to win with the on hand talent and make a heavy investment into a Football operations facility all with a sense of urgency. Start beating P5s on the schedule to show that we can compete.
JerseyWave
Riptide

It's pretty clear right now it comes down to P5 vs G5. It used to be BCS vs Non BCS. P5 Coaches probably use a lot of negative recruiting to sway kids away from the G5 competition. The wide receiver, Coleman is a perfect example. He commits to Tulane after his visit, two days later gets an offer from Texas Tech. I expect him to visit and flip their way all because they are P5. It's the conference, the exposure, the money involved and the quality of the opponents on the schedule.

Tulane has to win with the on hand talent and make a heavy investment into a Football operations facility all with a sense of urgency. Start beating P5s on the schedule to show that we can compete.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:Kansas football will always play second fiddle to Kansas basketball. Aka Kentucky, Duke and a few others.
Amen. I hope Tyriek enjoys watching the Kansas basketball team, because that is the career highlight for a Kansas football player.
greenphantom
Swell

Took an unofficial visit to Tulane yesterday. Maybe he is not into Kansas anymore?

https://twitter.com/_andrew_lopez/statu ... 6140577793
HoustonWave
Tsunami

greenphantom wrote:Took an unofficial visit to Tulane yesterday. Maybe he is not into Kansas anymore?

https://twitter.com/_andrew_lopez/statu ... 6140577793
Kansas has a way of wearing off of you.