Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:He's a carbon copy of Shaun King. With maybe a stronger arm.
I am assuming the 'younger" version
Good point. :mrgreen:

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
wave97
Swell

The Syracuse School of Broadcasting & Digital Journalism is a national & global powerhouse. There are Syracuse grads everywhere in all facets of media production. Syracuse is also the only P5 in NY (pop.20 million). If Lindsey Scott attends 'Cuse and performs well his name will be served up as a media darling.
Well worth enduring a few cold winters.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

wave97 wrote:The Syracuse School of Broadcasting & Digital Journalism is a national & global powerhouse. There are Syracuse grads everywhere in all facets of media production. Syracuse is also the only P5 in NY (pop.20 million). If Lindsey Scott attends 'Cuse and performs well his name will be served up as a media darling.
I think we may have a shot with him because of the coaching changes at both schools. He would be a huge get for WF.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wavetime
Swell

My son is graduating from Syracuse this year. It's a fine school and they really do put a priority on athletics. Going to watch a basketball game up there is a must if anyone ever has a chance. To see 28K people in a sea of orange is really cool when it comes to basketball. Football, is important up there, but really a second to basketball. The Carrier Dome is not as big as you may think. Think of Yulman with a cover.

Bottom line, Tulane has more potential then Syracuse in Football and is a better venue. The weather is absolutely horrible in the winter and you can't even compare the cities. If we push, we should get this kid.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
wave97 wrote:The Syracuse School of Broadcasting & Digital Journalism is a national & global powerhouse. There are Syracuse grads everywhere in all facets of media production. Syracuse is also the only P5 in NY (pop.20 million). If Lindsey Scott attends 'Cuse and performs well his name will be served up as a media darling.
I think we may have a shot with him because of the coaching changes at both schools. He would be a huge get for WF.
What effect will the recent flipping of the former GSU dual threat QB have with Scott?

On an unrelated note, there is no wiki page for Troy Dannen and I am too lazy.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We definitely need to flip him as we are now woefully thin at QB.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
puffy
Surge

https://youtu.be/NO5WV5J3pd4

Cuillette's HS highlight reel. Just about every play on the video was of him passing.

Unless Fritz can sign Scott, I have to believe the job is now GC's to lose.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wavetime wrote:My son is graduating from Syracuse this year. It's a fine school and they really do put a priority on athletics. Going to watch a basketball game up there is a must if anyone ever has a chance. To see 28K people in a sea of orange is really cool when it comes to basketball. Football, is important up there, but really a second to basketball. The Carrier Dome is not as big as you may think. Think of Yulman with a cover.

Bottom line, Tulane has more potential then Syracuse in Football and is a better venue. The weather is absolutely horrible in the winter and you can't even compare the cities. If we push, we should get this kid.
I don't buy tat Tulane has more potential than Syracuse. I wasn't fond of the Carrier Dome (which is named for an Air Conditioner Company, and yet doesn't have A/C. It's hot in there in Sept!) but question whether or not it's a worse venue. Certainly the ACC is a better football conference than the AAC. Upstate NY isn't nearly the talent rich recruiting area that Greater New Orleans is, but 'Cuse does pretty well.

The whole ACC is more focused on Basketball than Football, if you go by the standards you've seen. But Syracuse will sell out (just under 50K) when their football team is top notch, which it hasn't been in some time. They also have a bit more tradition than Tulane. The "media darling" mentioned above cannot be overlooked. Sean King did more and was higher in the Heisman balloting than Donovan McNabb, yet going into the NFL draft, McNabb was the talk of New York City. I spent the weekend in the City that year, and went to the draft (though it wasn't the reason I was in the City.)
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
Wavetime wrote:My son is graduating from Syracuse this year. It's a fine school and they really do put a priority on athletics. Going to watch a basketball game up there is a must if anyone ever has a chance. To see 28K people in a sea of orange is really cool when it comes to basketball. Football, is important up there, but really a second to basketball. The Carrier Dome is not as big as you may think. Think of Yulman with a cover.

I don't buy tat Tulane has more potential than Syracuse. I wasn't fond of the Carrier Dome (which is named for an Air Conditioner Company, and yet doesn't have A/C. It's hot in there in Sept!) but question whether or not it's a worse venue. Certainly the ACC is a better football conference than the AAC. Upstate NY isn't nearly the talent rich recruiting area that Greater New Orleans is, but 'Cuse does pretty well.

The whole ACC is more focused on Basketball than Football, if you go by the standards you've seen. But Syracuse will sell out (just under 50K) when their football team is top notch, which it hasn't been in some time. They also have a bit more tradition than Tulane. The "media darling" mentioned above cannot be overlooked. Sean King did more and was higher in the Heisman balloting than Donovan McNabb, yet going into the NFL draft, McNabb was the talk of New York City. I spent the weekend in the City that year, and went to the draft (though it wasn't the reason I was in the City.)
I would say Cuse has more potential but not by much. The key point for me is that it appears that Scott can step in day one and have a chance to start at TU, not sure if that is the case for Cuse as we would be recruiting him instead of signing with Cuse after being recruited by the previous staff.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

did not want to start a new thread...a 3 star QB visiting soon

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... river_home
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:did not want to start a new thread...a 3 star QB visiting soon

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... river_home
He's worth his own thread. Start one!
Tulane Class of 1981
DrBox
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
BAbers' offense is not ideal for Scott.
OUG
Riptide

winwave wrote:We definitely need to flip him as we are now woefully thin at QB.
We are recruiting a number of QBs in his mold and have already signed one of them who is enrolling next week. We will probably sign one more to go with Cuillette and Powell. We don't need to flip Scott -- but we do need to sign a second QB in this class, which it is clear we are in position to do between Pigrome, Werts, and Scott. Then we need to sign two next year, ideally. We will be fine. Fritz is on this. Tanner doesn't leave us with weaker depth, because he wasn't going to play this year anyway.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

OUG wrote:
winwave wrote:We definitely need to flip him as we are now woefully thin at QB.
We are recruiting a number of QBs in his mold and have already signed one of them who is enrolling next week. We will probably sign one more to go with Cuillette and Powell. We don't need to flip Scott -- but we do need to sign a second QB in this class, which it is clear we are in position to do between Pigrome, Werts, and Scott. Then we need to sign two next year, ideally. We will be fine. Fritz is on this. Tanner doesn't leave us with weaker depth, because he wasn't going to play this year anyway.
We'll never know.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Either Lindsey or Ty will be starting QB for us right away, with the other the #1 backup.
Both Ty and Lindsey should be overjoyed with the opportunity Tulane offers.

Roll Wave and, hopefully, welcome to Tulane guys.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

another QB athlete that Tulane may be recruiting...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... all-168610
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

Where is he today ? NJ, NY or La ?

Any real feel if he's being polite to Coach Fritz while committed elsewhere or if his interest is genuine ?

How would his Tulane commitment affect our other QB commitment, which appears to be solid as of now ?

Any word on Fritz's actual preference prior to actually practicing either of them ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I have a feeling a JUCO-transfer QB depending on who signs/commits will be in the mix
puffy
Surge

One thing's for certain: the quarterback position at Tulane is going to get smaller and faster under Fritz. The qb with prototype NFL size and arm need not apply.
Wavetime
Swell

Ty Pigrome is also visiting. This kid is a stud. Look at some of his highlights.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2598534/tyrrell-pigrome
RobertM320
Green Wave

I think Pigrome is better than Scott, and I think we have a better chance with him. Scott seems pretty committed to Syracuse.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Scott just decommitted from Syracuse!!

https://twitter.com/_lj18_/status/688886931187306496
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:Scott just decommitted from Syracuse!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mrgreen:
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:Scott just decommitted from Syracuse!!

Did he visit Tulane this weekend?
RobertM320
Green Wave

Yes he did. At least, he was supposed to. Can imagine we wouldn't have heard something if he didn't show.

And he was just with the Syracuse OC on Friday afternoon, so it had to deal with this weekend.