Tulane, in dire need of a quarterback, will bring in two QB recruits this weekend

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Wavetime
Swell

cajunfanatico wrote:
puffy wrote:I think the signs are pointing to a young man from a small town in La who wants a changes in scenery.
I wonder if he's ever experienced -20F?
Like I've stated before, I am extremely familiar with Syracuse. Blizzards, icy roads, snow and ice piled up 5 feet high for walking paths. Total misery in the winter. There is some campus life and a few bars, but nothing that compares. They have 2 good restaurants, Pastabilities and Dino BBQ. The rest are either bland or frozen. The economy is not good either ever since Kodak went bad. Carrier employs some people, but as a town it's just not is the same ballpark. The Carrier Dome is nice, but average at best for football. They do have a nice and new covered practice field that just opened. However, 'Cuse is not all that for football. Now Basketball is a whole different ballgame.

I agree TPS, Scott would be making a mistake going to Syracuse over Tulane unless he majors in Broadcasting, Journalism, Musical Theatre or Music. I believe USN has them ranked at #61. Don't get me wrong, Syracuse is a wonderful university and I'm so proud of my son for going there (graduating this May with honors). However, when comparing the 2 cities and each universities football situation, Tulane wins hands down IMO.

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
puffy wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:OK, I'm officially confused. If Lindsey Scott, Jr is supposedly here on his official visit, then what's he doing hanging around with the Syracuse OC?

Lindsey Scott, Jr. Retweeted
Mike McAllister ‏@McAllisterScout 4h4 hours ago
Mike McAllister Retweeted Lindsey Scott, Jr.
Syracuse QB commit hanging out with Syracuse OC Sean Lewis. Sounds like things are going well Mike McAllister added,
Embedded image permalink
Lindsey Scott, Jr. @_lj18_
Spending the day with this amazing guy! @TheOC_CoachLew
4 retweets 14 likes
Reply Retweet 4
Like 14
More

https://twitter.com/_lj18_/status/688116007404093446
Latest buzz on twitter is that Scott reaffirmed his commitment to 'Cuse (check the Orange OC twitter feed).

https://mobile.twitter.com/Stephen_Bail ... 4204282880

I just went to 247 and they are Crystal Balling him 100% to Rutgers so who knows wtf is going on?
The kid would be making a mistake going to Cuse. Tulane will have a better football team than Cuse in less than two years.
I wouldn't bet on that Tim. Dino Babers has every bit as good a track record as Willie Fritz. And Syracuse is in a P5, while we're not. I wouldn't ever compare Syracuse to New Orleans, but the poster above, whose son is at 'Cuse, should know that Kodak was based in Rochester, not Syracuse.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
nawlinspete
Riptide

DfromCT is your other name NEGATIVE NELLY ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Wavetime
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
puffy wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:OK, I'm officially confused. If Lindsey Scott, Jr is supposedly here on his official visit, then what's he doing hanging around with the Syracuse OC?

Syracuse QB commit hanging out with Syracuse OC Sean Lewis. Sounds like things are going well Mike McAllister added,
Embedded image permalink
4 retweets 14 likes
Reply Retweet 4
Like 14
More

Latest buzz on twitter is that Scott reaffirmed his commitment to 'Cuse (check the Orange OC twitter feed).

I just went to 247 and they are Crystal Balling him 100% to Rutgers so who knows wtf is going on?
The kid would be making a mistake going to Cuse. Tulane will have a better football team than Cuse in less than two years.
I wouldn't bet on that Tim. Dino Babers has every bit as good a track record as Willie Fritz. And Syracuse is in a P5, while we're not. I wouldn't ever compare Syracuse to New Orleans, but the poster above, whose son is at 'Cuse, should know that Kodak was based in Rochester, not Syracuse.

I do know that Kodak is based out of Rochester, however, they had a presence in Syracuse. I was trying to make a point that the upstate NY region as a whole is not doing to well and behind the employment, business development curve as compared to the rest of the country. Jobs have been lost and manufacturing is hurting in this area. What a shame, it's a beautiful area and I hope it comes back. There is just no comparison between New Orleans and Syracuse. I know that Syracuse University is in a P5, however, so are many other schools that don't have as much potential in football as Tulane does IMO. But then again, Tulane has to do something with it.
cajunfanatico
Swell

I wouldn't want to live in any city where you could throw up on the sidewalk in November and it's still there in early April.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
GreenLantern
Riptide

cajunfanatico wrote:I wouldn't want to live in any city where you could throw up on the sidewalk in November and it's still there in early April.
Hateful and apropos of nothing in this thread.

Any doubt anyone may have about whether CanjunFanatico is a troll should be dispelled by this. It appears that the CajunTroll is weary of being confined to the OTHER LOUISIANA SCHOOLS forum and being limited to insulting only the few folks that are bored enough to read those threads. Follow my lead and put him on IGNORE.

Looking forward to playing ULL next season...
DrBox
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:I wouldn't want to live in any city where you could throw up on the sidewalk in November and it's still there in early April.

Any doubt anyone may have about whether CanjunFanatico is a troll should be dispelled by this. It appears that the CajunTroll is weary of being confined to the OTHER LOUISIANA SCHOOLS forum and being limited to insulting only the few folks that are bored enough to read those threads. Follow my lead and put him on IGNORE.

I believe his rather rude comment referred to Syracuse NY, not NOLA.
DrBox
Riptide

DrBox wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:

I believe his comment referred to Syracuse NY, not NOLA.
cajunfanatico
Swell

DrBox wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:

I believe his rather rude comment referred to Syracuse NY, not NOLA.
Yes, it was a joke about the cold weather of Syracuse. Geez, lighten up a bit.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
GreenLantern
Riptide

DrBox wrote:I believe his rather rude comment referred to Syracuse NY, not NOLA.
If that's true, I will only raise the suspicion level on my troll-o-meter.

In any case, I am really, really looking forward to the ULL game next year.
cajunfanatico
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:
DrBox wrote:I believe his rather rude comment referred to Syracuse NY, not NOLA.

I started the thread because I found the article on-line, it was interesting, and I figured you guys would be interested as well as I didn't see anything related posted about this weekend's visits. When the topic turned to which city has a better quality of life in regards to the weather, is there any really doubt? New Orleans by a mile. Stop being so sensitive.

My dad graduated from Tulane and dearly loved the school. I followed Tulane sports with him long before I was ever a Cajun fan.
Wave755
Tsunami

Cajun Troll, :stfu: !
exflash
High Tide

And I grew up in NO and my mom was a Newcomb alumna----have a lil pad in No but live by our best city in the state---Lafayette!!! Oh and I played NORD ball before Greenie games and stamped my feet on the old steel end zone seats---I play and sing the Tulane fight song at parties and actually almost like the lady that sings "Olive Green and Blue we love you" for HC---well she use to back then----but Geaux Cajuns now!!!
puffy
Surge

Another thing to consider is that Babers' offense saw their qb pass for nearly 5000 yards and 46 TDs last season at BGSU. Perhaps Fritz's reputation of being a run-first coach at GSU didn't help things with recruiting Scott.

Most of these dual threat qbs want to showcase their arms because that's what is going to get them noticed for a pro career. Winning is great, but putting up big numbers and creating a highlight reel are every bit as important. Ryan Griffin barely won anything at Tulane, but played in an offense that showcased his abilities, and in the end it earned him a ticket to the show.
Wave755
Tsunami

exflash wrote:And I grew up in NO and my mom was a Newcomb alumna----have a lil pad in No but live by our best city in the state---Lafayette!!! Oh and I played NORD ball before Greenie games and stamped my feet on the old steel end zone seats---I play and sing the Tulane fight song at parties and actually almost like the lady that sings "Olive Green and Blue we love you" for HC---well she use to back then----but Geaux Cajuns now!!!
Flasher, who gives a rat's a-hole? And, it sure must be a great time to buy a house in "little Lafayette" but caveat Coon-asses, prices still have a long way to fall before they finally "bottom out." :winkgrin:
Last edited by Wave755 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrBox
Riptide

puffy wrote:Another thing to consider is that Babers' offense saw their qb pass for nearly 5000 yards and 46 TDs last season at BGSU. Perhaps Fritz's reputation of being a run-first coach at GSU didn't help things with recruiting Scott.
Are we off his list?
What didn't help things was not recruiting him until mid December.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I dont think we're off his list, Dr. Box, but it does seem he's pretty firm in his commitment to Syracuse. He was hanging out with the Syracuse OC yesterday before his visit here. But it really would have helped if he was recruited earlier. Hopefully he's openminded.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wavetime wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
puffy wrote:

Embedded image permalink
4 retweets 14 likes
Reply Retweet 4
Like 14
More

I do know that Kodak is based out of Rochester, however, they had a presence in Syracuse. I was trying to make a point that the upstate NY region as a whole is not doing to well and behind the employment, business development curve as compared to the rest of the country. Jobs have been lost and manufacturing is hurting in this area. What a shame, it's a beautiful area and I hope it comes back. There is just no comparison between New Orleans and Syracuse. I know that Syracuse University is in a P5, however, so are many other schools that don't have as much potential in football as Tulane does IMO. But then again, Tulane has to do something with it.
We're on the same page, Wavetime. Despite the brutal winters, the Central NY area is a beautiful part of the country. The Finger Lakes are really a great attraction, and even the snow is something different to be appreciated. It sucks if you have to shovel it, otherwise it's beautiful for the first 24 hours. The cold is manageable, except when the wind is blowing, which is almost all the time!

There is no comparison between New Orleans and Syracuse, but I could see a teenager wanting to experience a change of scenery. I can also envision the "family" attitude that Dino Babers is selling. He's a good coach and very down to earth recruiter.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bigschtick
Riptide

cajunfanatico wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:

I started the thread because I found the article on-line, it was interesting, and I figured you guys would be interested as well as I didn't see anything related posted about this weekend's visits. When the topic turned to which city has a better quality of life in regards to the weather, is there any really doubt? New Orleans by a mile. Stop being so sensitive.

My dad graduated from Tulane and dearly loved the school. I followed Tulane sports with him long before I was ever a Cajun fan.

Your welcome here at least from my perspective!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Bigschtick
Riptide

He has already decommitted from Syracuse and is talking with Maryland. Its all over the forums except on this thread.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Bigschtick wrote:He has already decommitted from Syracuse and is talking with Maryland. Its all over the forums except on this thread.
Because this was a general thread regarding the article. I posted his decommit on the thread specifically about him within minutes of his announcement. Figured that was the proper place and it didn't need to be duplicated elsewhere. That's why we have thread titles.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenLantern
Riptide

cajunfanatico wrote: When the topic turned to which city has a better quality of life in regards to the weather, is there any really doubt? New Orleans by a mile. Stop being so sensitive.
Okay...okay...I'm guilty of being overly sensitive to people that want to rag on New Orleans...the crime...the filth...the corruption. Of course there's an element of truth to all those points, but where I'm from, "you don't say nothin' about my momma unless she's your momma too". Ditto for my hometown and my alma mater. If your userId was 'GreenWaveFanatico' instead of 'cajunfanatico', I wouldn't have thought twice about it. I didn't get the correlation between 'vomit on the street' and 'Syracuse'. For this and my numerous other shortcomings I apologize.

And one other thing for the exflash:
exflash wrote:And I grew up in NO and my mom was a Newcomb alumna----
Your mom sounds like she was a lovely person. She was obviously intelligent and accomplished or she would not have been a Newcomb grad. I'm also sure that as a Tulane grad she would have enjoyed watching the Wave beat the living sh*t out of ULL next year.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Looks like Fritz is ramping up the push for Ty Pigrome. He just offered the FB from Clay-Chalkville HS as well.

https://twitter.com/CCHSfootbal/status/ ... 4935991298 A.J. Walker

Similar to what he did by offering the WR Coleman that played with Lindsey Scott.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I guess these recruits don't get much schoolwork done in January, do they?

Clay-Chalk Football ‏@CCHSfootbal 12h12 hours ago
Tyrrell Pigrome, Fox 6 overall offensive Player of the Year for all Classifications. 2nd year in a row. Congrats Piggy T! #Couglife #tylife
8:52 PM - 25 Jan 2016 · Details
https://twitter.com/CCHSfootbal/status/ ... 6062802950
Clay-Chalk Football ‏@CCHSfootbal 7m7 minutes ago
UCA, Maryland, and Tulane to start an overcast Tuesday. It's Crunch Time
8:27 AM - 26 Jan 2016 · Details
Jaxwave
Swell

On film this kid looks a little chunky but the results are good.