Three Star QB Jack Abraham

Talk about the latest recruits here.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Jack was Mississippi Gridiron's player of the week at the QB position:

There’s a reason Cal and Louisiana Tech recently extended offers to Abraham. The Dandy Dozen quarterback doesn’t have ideal size (6 foot, 197 pounds) but is one of the most accurate passers in Mississippi. Even in a loss to Madison Central in Week 3, Abraham threw for 479 yards and three touchdowns. His intangibles make him elite. Abraham’s knowledge of defensive football allow him to pick apart defenses with ease and execute plays. Don’t be surprised to see a few Division I offers come in over the next few weeks.

ajcalhoun
Swell

They neglected to mention that he has committed toTulane.
God Bless Everyone!
Show Me
Tsunami

ajcalhoun wrote:They neglected to mention that he has committed toTulane.
I'd be shocked if he ends up at Tulane.
nawlinspete
Riptide

ajcalhoun wrote:They neglected to mention that he has committed toTulane.
Let's hope Jack remembers the anti Tulane media bias and let's hope the new Tulane AD hires a new HC capable of reeling in Jack.

Roll Wave
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Jaxwave
Swell

He'll make it to Tulane. He's about 5'10" 170 pounds dripping wet.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Southeastern Stations Media has Jack on their 'Elite Watch'.

The Oxford Chargers beat their crosstown rival Lafayette by a score of 31-21 Friday. Jack threw three more touchdowns.

GreenLantern
Riptide

Although you have to be sympathetic to any team named "Green Wave", Jack's Oxford Chargers dominated the West Point Green Wave 50 to 28 last night in the regional opener for both teams.

Here's a link to a video clip of one of Jack's long throws:

https://twitter.colm/abdavis10/status/6 ... 9590123520
GreenLantern
Riptide

Jack Abraham had another big night as his Oxford Chargers improved to 2-0 in regional play. The Chargers hammered Saltillo 50-7 while playing at Saltillo.

Jack threw for five touchdowns and had only one incompletion in the first half. He finished the night 16 for 18 for 230 yards, five TDs and one interception.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Jack has been selected as QB in the Mississippi-Alabama HS All Star Game which will be played in Hattiesburg, MS on Saturday, December 12

http://www.mscoaches.com/sports/football.php

I see that the roster now shows Jack as 6' 1 1/2" and 190 lbs. Hmmm......

BTW, in last two games Jack is 32-40 for 681 yds & 10 TD - 1 INT. Chargers have hung 50 in each.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Jack reaches major milestone Friday night by throwing for his 100th TD pass.
"I came off the field after I got my 100th touchdown and my dad grabbed the ball to keep for later on," Abraham said. "I didn't even know I had seven touchdowns until (Oxford offensive coordinator/quarterbacks) Coach (Stan) Hill told me. He was saying the national record was 10, and he wanted to help me get that next.
... Abraham is completing more than 62 percent of his passes. The quarterback led Oxford (6-2, 4-0 in Region 1-5A) to a 46-12 rout at New Hope after throwing a school-record seven touchdown passes — all in the first half. Abraham's previous single-game high was five.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/spor ... /74130596/
GreenLantern
Riptide

From Friday night action:
Jack Abraham threw three touchdown passes...and Oxford clinched a berth in the MHSAA Class 5A playoffs with a 53-13win over Clarksdale on Friday
Abraham went 12 of 18 for 258 yards and threw his final touchdown pass to tight end Zach Cousar ... to push the Chargers lead to 46-7 midway through the third quarter, allowing Oxford to empty its bench.
Abraham also threw touchdown passes of 26 and 59 yards to Jimmy Greaser...
The commitments for next year that are having an outstanding senior year in HS have to be reviewing their options as they see the train wreck that is Tulane football in 2015.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:From Friday night action:
Jack Abraham threw three touchdown passes...and Oxford clinched a berth in the MHSAA Class 5A playoffs with a 53-13win over Clarksdale on Friday
Abraham went 12 of 18 for 258 yards and threw his final touchdown pass to tight end Zach Cousar ... to push the Chargers lead to 46-7 midway through the third quarter, allowing Oxford to empty its bench.
Abraham also threw touchdown passes of 26 and 59 yards to Jimmy Greaser...
The commitments for next year that are having an outstanding senior year in HS have to be reviewing their options as they see the train wreck that is Tulane football in 2015.
A couple of things worth mentioning:
Playing QB in HS vs at Tulane in this offense may not translate.
Second once CJ is fired the kid will likely commit to another school.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The kid is definitely going to de-commit if CJ is kept. Everyone knows he's going to be fired so who wants to commit to a place where you don't know who your coach will be after year one. Lastly this kid isn't worth worrying about losing.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Still solid on Tulane inspite of UCLA coming on.
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/25 ... rows-9-tds

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... obile_home
Abraham spoke to Bleacherreport.com this week and said that he is still loyal to Tulane despite having continued interest from Cal, UCLA.

"Having great academics is huge for me," he told the site. "You want to know you have something after football. Having a degree from Tulane is top-notch. From a football standpoint, I like the coaching staff, and I know I'll fit there."
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

Jack's Oxford Chargers defeated Center Hill 54-30 on Friday to give Oxford the region title.
The win, paired with Lake Cormorant's 21-19 loss at Clarksdale gave Oxford (8-2,6-0 Region 1-5A) the region titale for the third consecutive year (each and every year that Jack has been the starting QB)
Abraham finished the night completing 20 of 25 passes for 336 yards and five touchdowns, pushing the senior over 10,000 yards passing in his career at Oxford. Abraham has surpassed his own records or set new ones with each passing week this season.
Is Jack too small to be a star in FBS football? Perhaps, but it's hard to argue with the success he's enjoyed at the 5A HS level. For those of you who believe that the QB must have running skills to excel at Tulane, Jack is not your man. Supporting this opinion, the list of 'pro-style' QB prospects on the Rivals.com list shows the shortest is 6-2 and the higher ranked players are 6-4 and 6-5. (Jack is listed at 6'1", but I'm guessing he is 5'11".
GreenLantern
Riptide

Here's a link to a new video about Jack on scout.com. He states that he is planning a pre-med major so that bodes well for Tulane:

http://www.scout.com/college/football/r ... ck-abraham

Also, Jack is one of the eight finalists for Mississipi's HS player of the year by Southern Elite Sports.

GreenLantern
Riptide

Jack completed 28 of 32 passes for 426 yards and 5 TDs as Oxford defeated Lake Cormorant 56-26 on Thurs night. Oxford finishes the season at 9-2 and enters the playoffs next Friday night. The Chargers are the top seed in region 1-5A.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Parade magazine includes Jack Abraham on its watch list of finalists for the 52nd annual high school player of the year.

http://parade.com/434639/brianmclaughli ... -november/
GreenLantern
Riptide

Friday night, Jack and his Oxford Chargers continued their quest to play in a third straight 5A state championship by defeating a tough Vicksburg team 35-21.

Jack threw for two TDs and 318 yards in what was not one of his better games.

Although Oxford trailed 21-7 in the 2nd quarter, a Vicksburg special teams turnover and a short TD pass by Abraham tied the score at halftime. In the second half, it was all Oxford.

Oxford's next playoff hurdle is on Friday night when they host Germantown.

Abraham's season stats are off the charts. In MS 5A, his passing yardage is up to 3525, a full 1000 yards more than his closest rival. He has thrown for 43 TDs with only 3 interceptions and a completion rate of .672.

Should OHS win the next two playoff games, the state championship match will be in Ole Miss' Vaught-Hemingway stadium. You would think that would give a home field advantage to Oxford High.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

good ole Germantown, a Memphis suburb !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

Jack's Oxford Chargers win a nail-biter over Germantown 40-33.

Behind 33-32 with 2:48 remaining in the game, Jack leads the team on an 80 yard drive and converts a 2 point play by running a QB keeper. This is Hollywood scripted storybook stuff!

Win one more and Abraham is playing in the MS 5A state championship game in Ole Miss stadium in Oxford High's back yard.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote:Jack's Oxford Chargers win a nail-biter over Germantown 40-33.

Behind 33-32 with 2:48 remaining in the game, Jack leads the team on an 80 yard drive and converts a 2 point play by running a QB keeper. This is Hollywood scripted storybook stuff!

Win one more and Abraham is playing in the MS 5A state championship game in Ole Miss stadium in Oxford High's back yard.
But will he still come to Tulane after the coaching change?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
COChip
Low Tide

If he's into academics, UCLA and Cal certainly could compete with Tulane on that front.....better looking women, too. Although at Berkeley they would probably have him arrested just because he hails from Mississippi :lol:
Green Wave
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:Jack's Oxford Chargers win a nail-biter over Germantown 40-33.

Jack takes Oxford to state by beating West Point 35-7
ROLL WAVE!
Show Me
Tsunami

He's not likely to come here with the coaching change.
The new offense that Babers runs is not suited to his skills.