We don't want Scott Sidwell

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

My phone and email are burning up w/ people saying how hard he's working to get the job and that we can't let that happen. The reasons are that he is a lying lazy worthless asshole like his idol RD. He was the point person on the lie that a poll was conducted and Tulane fans wanted the games at 1:00. There was no such poll done. The only one ever done on that topic was by Kevin White and the results overwhelmingly were in favor of 7:00. Many who worked w/him also stressed his laziness . We can and must do better.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sader24
Tsunami

Anything short of a nationwide search that targets persons with major college football experience in the South is largely a waste of time and business as usual.
Green Wave
Swell

winwave wrote:My phone and email are burning up w/ people saying how hard he's working to get the job and that we can't let that happen. The reasons are that he is a lying lazy worthless a**hole like his idol RD. He was the point person on the lie that a poll was conducted and Tulane fans wanted the games at 1:00. There was no such poll done. The only one ever done on that topic was by Kevin White and the results overwhelmingly were in favor of 7:00. Many who worked w/him also stressed his laziness . We can and must do better.
Why did you make a new thread for this?
ROLL WAVE!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

winwave wrote:My phone and email are burning up w/ people saying how hard he's working to get the job and that we can't let that happen. The reasons are that he is a lying lazy worthless a**hole like his idol RD. He was the point person on the lie that a poll was conducted and Tulane fans wanted the games at 1:00. There was no such poll done. The only one ever done on that topic was by Kevin White and the results overwhelmingly were in favor of 7:00. Many who worked w/him also stressed his laziness . We can and must do better.
He shouldn't even be a realistic consideration.
Show Me
Tsunami

jonathanjoseph wrote:
He shouldn't even be a realistic consideration.
Absolutely. No No No to him. He has Dickson's fingerprints all over him and is unacceptable. Need a complete outsider. He lied to Tulane fans and that's why he will never be trusted and should not be hired. No Sidwell. Tulane fans have good memories.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Green Wave wrote:
Well we know who you're for.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jonathan
Riptide

Who came up with this dumb thread. Are you crazy?
Green Wave
Swell

winwave wrote:
Green Wave wrote:
Well we know who you're for.
Oh yeah sure you do. :P
ROLL WAVE!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bumped as the race is on.
Show Me
Tsunami

He's little Rick Dickson. No thanks.
Jonathan
Riptide

Do not have the audacity to tell us who we do not want! Who the heck are you to dictate what I want for Tulane. Do not try to intimidate u. It will not happen!
GreenLantern
Riptide

Jonathan wrote:Do not have the audacity to tell us who we do not want! Who the heck are you to dictate what I want for Tulane. Do not try to intimidate u. It will not happen!

After reading this confused and confusing post, I offer the following modest proposal for determining eligibility for future forum members of GoTula.net:
  • Applicants must show proof of having completed middle school
  • A fourth-grade level spelling and grammar test must be passed with a score exceeding 50
  • Applicants must display competency in creating basic sentence structure: (subject, predicate, etc.)
  • Before membership is approved, applicants must prove that they have attended at least one Tulane sporting event.
  • Receipts must be provided to establish that the applicant (or someone in their extended family) has previously donated at least $10 to Tulane athletics
Those who are unable to pass this stringent list of requirements should not despair. They may still be able to qualify as a moderator for yogwf.com
DrBox
Riptide

What were Sidwell's significant accomplishments in his duties at TU?
What have been his significant accomplishments while at SF?
Anyone know?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

If you don't want him as AD you better speak up now.
waveclem
Surge

What are you hearing winwave?
Show Me
Tsunami

He's an accomplished liar plain and simple. He deceived the fans in kickoff times. Said the fans voted for 1-2pm kickoffs when we all know that's complete BS. It would be fitting for Tulane to waste time and money on a search and end up with this guy.
Pathetic.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

waveclem wrote:What are you hearing winwave?
He's apparently getting serious consideration. That would probably be b/c they know he would adhere to the Tulane Model. It would also indicate a shallow pool of candidates thanks to comments like Goldrings which would scare away good candidates that actually want to win.
51WaveBG
High Tide

If the new AD comes from any place other than a major football program school, this will sound the death knell for TU football. It would also show me that SC is still running things with Fitts and the BOT as his fellow incompetents.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Anyone with the name of "Scott" should be barred from holding any position of authority at Tulane, especially the Athletic Dept
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wavetrader
Low Tide

I don't know Scott Sidwell, but everything about Scott in his profile at U San Fran set forth below indicates small-time. Maybe he is an up-and-comer that we should consider in a decade or so. In his profile, there is very little mentioned on improving the w/l competitiveness of the programs; instead the main focus is on rebranding the school logo, installing ribbon boards in the gym, small time fund raising, community service and academic rates. Unfortunately the aforementioned items check all of the boxes of the Scotty C contingent and will continue the Rick D legacy.

This AD hire is so important for the survival of the program, I would think that hiring a number 2 from an established athletic program such as the likes of Stanford, Northwestern, Duke, Notre Dame, Baylor, etc would give us the focus on academics and community service that the Scotty C contingent craves and the experience in being competitive that our fan base craves.

We need to continue to lobby for real change

http://usfdons.com/staff.aspx?staff=56
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
winwave
Top of the WAVE

If he gets the job we'll have CJ and the Prices for three more seasons. Next years schedule is so weak that even this staff could win 6 games. Then in the Boards eyes and those of the apologist he will be historic for being the first to go to two Bowl games. So then he can't be fired after the following season . Who knows it might continue on as Sidwell will have had time to trash that schedule and we win 6 and go to another amazing bowl game. :roll:
Ernie McCracken
Ripple

True about the schedule. Tulane will eek out 4 wins this year and 5-6 next year. We're stuck for a while.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Ernie McCracken wrote:True about the schedule. Tulane will eek out 4 wins this year and 5-6 next year. We're stuck for a while.
We're not winning 4 games with this offense. Every team is improving except Tulane!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ernie McCracken wrote:True about the schedule. Tulane will eek out 4 wins this year and 5-6 next year. We're stuck for a while.
Not if the program keeps going in the same direction it's going. I predicted 4 wins, and I'm not sure we're going to get them. Yes, our November schedule is easier than October, but none of those teams are as poorly coached as our Green Wave.

There's so much going wrong around this CJ lead program that they're likely to be the first Tulane team to lose to an FCS school if he stays in the position. I tell you what: JMU AND Richmond would both beat Tulane THIS year.

phpBB [video]
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bigschtick
Riptide

If he is hired, then they lied again about a national search and its
over for Tulane athletics as the "Tulane Model" will rule and whats left of the fan base
will be giving Tulane athletics the "Finger"!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!