Rich Stuff

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Show Me
Tsunami

windywave wrote:I find it amusing you guys started a thread to complain about a thread on YOGWF. You come off looking kind of lame

(And before any of you clowns start attacking me I called out NOLADAVE on thread so a preemptive STFU).
I disagree in that it's lame. Many here were banned over there and never got a chance to speak about it over there. So that's why you'll see this here every now and then.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote:
TURVS71 wrote:Noladave, real name Dave Browning, and yes, I will call him out using his real name, is an idiot. His two bit contribution to Tulane Athletics is just that, worth about two bits. This guy just talks out of both sides of his mouth. In fact, he got mad at the athletic department some years back and they took away his picture taking privileges and he publically blasted them. In the grand scheme of things, it really is no big deal, but he does the exact same thing for which he "bans and deletes" posters from that forum. He insulted my son and my family by a post he made. This was many years ago and it is over and done. Unfortunately when someone insults your child, it's hard to let that go.(That being said, I would probably give him a nice "hello" if he ever spoke to me.)

So just consider the source........
I would have taken his camera and shoved it right up his power hungry arse.
He would have enjoyed that. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sader24
Tsunami

With the exception of about 5-6 posters, that entire board is lame filled with douchebags who know little to nothing about sports. Thanks for coming by Windywave.
windywave
Low Tide

winwave wrote:
windywave wrote:I find it amusing you guys started a thread to complain about a thread on YOGWF. You come off looking kind of lame

(And before any of you clowns start attacking me I called out NOLADAVE on thread so a preemptive STFU).
Lame is the site that contributed mightily to the downfall of Tulane athletics. Lame are those that continue to contribute.
You know it's really hard to take you seriously when you're off your meds and delusional. Since I am one of the main proponents of SC being the worst president in Tulane's modern history combined with the power you ascribe to YOGWF that makes me the reason he's gone. You're welcome.
windywave
Low Tide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
windywave wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

Must. Not. Respond.
Oh please sunshine don't hold back. I would love to hear the pathetic drivel that you would spout.
There are so many ways to go I don't want to take the time, but you asked. For starters, it's a real problem when hundreds of Tulane athletics fans have been edited, deleted or banned from participating in discourse about Tulane athletics. I guess you haven't been deleted or banned, even though you were following "the rules", under the guise of their power trip, and it can be insulting to be on the receiving end of that. When you've been deleted, then publicly insulted, and then banned from responding, you have a right to be angry.

But again, the broader point, is that there aren't really any "rules" (as I saw you correctly noted in your response to such a threat), it's just a thinly veiled excuse to be able to white wash their BFF Rick Dickson's track record. It's just a few confused and power hungry fools who have done great damage to Tulane Athletics online community. And as I noted anyone who abides by such rules and participates in the forum where they are contained, is not only gullible but contributing to the continued limitation of badly needed discourse around Tulane athletics.
The most rationale response so far. I wasn't around for all of these bannings etc. but it's pretty easy to stay within the rules. Basically don't say the coach should be fired and don't personally criticize a player (former I don't agree with but respect, the latter I do because they are just college kids).
windywave
Low Tide

Show Me wrote:

I disagree in that it's lame. Many here were banned over there and never got a chance to speak about it over there. So that's why you'll see this here every now and then.
So you're position is this is the land of misfit toys? That's exactly my point. You guys who aren't allowed to post over there should stop acting like hobos staring through a plate glass window at people eating food.
windywave
Low Tide

sader24 wrote:With the exception of about 5-6 posters, that entire board is lame filled with douchebags who know little to nothing about sports. Thanks for coming by Windywave.
I think you paint with too broad of a brush.
Show Me
Tsunami

windywave wrote:
Show Me wrote:

So you're position is this is the land of misfit toys? That's exactly my point. You guys who aren't allowed to post over there should stop acting like hobos staring through a plate glass window at people eating food.
I beg to differ. It's more like watching animals in the zoo.
greenphantom
Swell

Not sure why anyone would want to go over to that other board. It's like a bunch of senile old men. Someone starts a thread and by the 3rd reply it goes so far off topic into some lame irrelevant discussion. Plus, the last time I tried to sign up, it took like 6 months for them to approve it. Then I got banned just for posting the Link to the Sportsnola article about "the letter." I didn't even add any commentary. Precisely like North Korea
Wavetrader
Low Tide

Careful Windy. You are more similar to most of us, than the majority on that board. If NolaDave, Maddog, JTS and Roller have their way, you'll be without a home soon. Stick to the party line of we were fortunate to have RD, he saved us from D3 athletics, he was a great fundraiser, and he was instrumental in getting us into the AAC, blah, blah, blah, and you'll be fine there.
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
winwave
Top of the WAVE

windywave wrote:
winwave wrote:

Lame is the site that contributed mightily to the downfall of Tulane athletics. Lame are those that continue to contribute.
You know it's really hard to take you seriously when you're off your meds and delusional. Since I am one of the main proponents of SC being the worst president in Tulane's modern history combined with the power you ascribe to YOGWF that makes me the reason he's gone. You're welcome.
Well you picked the right name as your just another blowhard yoggie. No one cares what your opinion is. I mean who could take someone seriously when they think RD is the bomb. BTW you didn't get rid of SC. He is still on the payroll. However we here did get rid of Toldo. You're welcome.

Think abut your behavior here. This gets posted due to their censorship of many die-hard fans over the years and then you want to come here and try to shout down the conversation.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jonathan
Riptide

Nola Dave is an ass h-le. Please no gross language on this forum.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Since the members of YOGWF cannot speak their mind someone has to speak up for the fanbase. Many folks in the admin and other relevant stakeholders follow these forums and need to know that the message on YOGWF is censored.......and it's not just about avoiding talking about firing coaches in season (which is an absurd rule BTW) or criticizing players (which I might be able to at least live with) but now we have talk of censoring criticism of the AD and I am sure those nutjobs have done other censorship outside their "rules". For instance. they banned me (one of the only young grad alumni from my class that follows TU and a person who donates, buys season tickets and even a dam brick) before I even posted because I called out those fools for taking months to approve new members including members of the baseball team.

You are way off on this one windy. Censoring the voice of the fan has done nothing but hurt TU athletics and someone needs to stand up to present the true feelings of the fans and not covering up the ineptitude of TU.
DrBox
Riptide

Well if you're going to blame the board moderators over there for indirect silencing without direct censorship (they haven't censored posts in years) then you certainly can blame Jonathan Joseph for indirect silencing over here and on TWR. He does the same thing only much more Obnoxiously and much more regularly with the ridicule of posts that don't fit his Tulane is going down the tubes agenda.
Noladave's post was outrageous and numerous posters over there pointed it out and he hasn't been there since. And as I pointed out many times those who were banned from over there primarily been by him not by JTS (there are some exceptions, but JTS did allow everyone back).
Look how GreenWave is treated over here.
Last edited by DrBox on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DrBox wrote:Well if you're going to blame the board moderators over there for indirect silencing without direct censorship (they haven't censored posts in years) then you certainly can blame Jonathan Joseph for indirect silencing over here and on TWR. He does the same thing only much more Obnoxiously and much more regularly with the ridicule of posts that don't fit his Tulane is going down the tubes agenda.
They have deleted posts and (tmk) deleted portions of posts. Never mind locking up threads they don't like. JJ talks down to people and often makes conversations useless with his attitude, but he doesn't and can't censor or delete people's thoughts, big difference IMO.
sader24
Tsunami

I'm not painting with a broad brush. I was on that board when it was sportsonly, the one that was run by Joe Parfait, and LSU-Tulane battleground, all of them from 97 or 98 on. They systematically banned and ran people off that didn't toe the party line, most times not for breaking any of the aforementioned rules but for just flat out not liking what people had to say. You don't know what you're talking about Windy, but at least on this board you are free to be wrong without being kicked off.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I got banned for saying that doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result was the definition of insanity. They only wanted to hear that ALL WAS WELL so I was banned. JTS banned people just like noladave and never allowed them back. They do still edit post and that's why tps is here. He had enough and stood his ground.
windywave
Low Tide

Wavetrader wrote:Careful Windy. You are more similar to most of us, than the majority on that board. If NolaDave, Maddog, JTS and Roller have their way, you'll be without a home soon. Stick to the party line of we were fortunate to have RD, he saved us from D3 athletics, he was a great fundraiser, and he was instrumental in getting us into the AAC, blah, blah, blah, and you'll be fine there.
Yeah, that's what I do, I stick to the party line.
windywave
Low Tide

winwave wrote:
windywave wrote:
winwave wrote:

Well you picked the right name as your just another blowhard yoggie. No one cares what your opinion is. I mean who could take someone seriously when they think RD is the bomb. BTW you didn't get rid of SC. He is still on the payroll. However we here did get rid of Toldo. You're welcome.

Think abut your behavior here. This gets posted due to their censorship of many die-hard fans over the years and then you want to come here and try to shout down the conversation.
Evidently you don't understand the concept of sarcasm. I hardly think RD is the bomb and I would like you to find where I said that. If you had a scintilla of reading comprehension skills you would know my position on lots of things and instead of hurling unfounded insults and hyperbolic statements you could participate in a developed adult conversation. So YOGWF massively contributed to the decline of Tulane athletics but here is the beacon of hope that got rid of Toledo? Okay I got it. And Jimmy Carter is still on the payroll what's your point.
windywave
Low Tide

mbawavefan12 wrote:Since the members of YOGWF cannot speak their mind someone has to speak up for the fanbase. Many folks in the admin and other relevant stakeholders follow these forums and need to know that the message on YOGWF is censored.......and it's not just about avoiding talking about firing coaches in season (which is an absurd rule BTW) or criticizing players (which I might be able to at least live with) but now we have talk of censoring criticism of the AD and I am sure those nutjobs have done other censorship outside their "rules". For instance. they banned me (one of the only young grad alumni from my class that follows TU and a person who donates, buys season tickets and even a dam brick) before I even posted because I called out those fools for taking months to approve new members including members of the baseball team.

You are way off on this one windy. Censoring the voice of the fan has done nothing but hurt TU athletics and someone needs to stand up to present the true feelings of the fans and not covering up the ineptitude of TU.

How noble of you to stand up for the oppressed. If only they lived in a free society and had access to a free internet and could find someplace where they could express their points.

You realize you are making my point for me, right? Why do you care what happens at YOGWF? You and everyone else with vitriol are coming off as petty jealous losers every time you knock them. That is my point. If you can't see that then I guess it proves my point about the students admitted pre-Cowen versus during his tenure.
windywave
Low Tide

sader24 wrote:I'm not painting with a broad brush. I was on that board when it was sportsonly, the one that was run by Joe Parfait, and LSU-Tulane battleground, all of them from 97 or 98 on. They systematically banned and ran people off that didn't toe the party line, most times not for breaking any of the aforementioned rules but for just flat out not liking what people had to say. You don't know what you're talking about Windy, but at least on this board you are free to be wrong without being kicked off.
BUT WHY DO YOU CARE? SERIOUSLY WHY DO YOU GIVE A RAT'S ASS ABOUT YOGWF IF YOU HATE IT SO MUCH? THAT IS MY POINT.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:I got banned for saying that doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result was the definition of insanity. They only wanted to hear that ALL WAS WELL so I was banned. JTS banned people just like noladave and never allowed them back. They do still edit post and that's why tps is here. He had enough and stood his ground.
Exactly. I got banned during the last football coaching search for posting a thumbs down picture in a thread about a candidate that wasn't even interviewed for the job. I couldn't find my original post (apparently it was deleted) so when I reposted it I was banned immediately. I later was told I could come back "If I behaved" lol. I had well over 10,000 posts at the time and contributed a lot to the board. I never went back.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

windywave wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:Since the members of YOGWF cannot speak their mind someone has to speak up for the fanbase. Many folks in the admin and other relevant stakeholders follow these forums and need to know that the message on YOGWF is censored.......and it's not just about avoiding talking about firing coaches in season (which is an absurd rule BTW) or criticizing players (which I might be able to at least live with) but now we have talk of censoring criticism of the AD and I am sure those nutjobs have done other censorship outside their "rules". For instance. they banned me (one of the only young grad alumni from my class that follows TU and a person who donates, buys season tickets and even a dam brick) before I even posted because I called out those fools for taking months to approve new members including members of the baseball team.

How noble of you to stand up for the oppressed. If only they lived in a free society and had access to a free internet and could find someplace where they could express their points.

You realize you are making my point for me, right? Why do you care what happens at YOGWF? You and everyone else with vitriol are coming off as petty jealous losers every time you knock them. That is my point. If you can't see that then I guess it proves my point about the students admitted pre-Cowen versus during his tenure.
Jealous, wtf? We are pi$$ed that they are dictating the conversation and not allowing consumers to know the full truth and for posters to express their thoughts. We care because we care about TU athetics and their censorship habits hurts us because the public isn;t getting the truth or at least not being allowed to see both sides to determine their own opinions on the matter(s). Seriously what the hell are you talking about with this post, very strange stuff. As for your Cowen statement, that's as petty as they come. What if I was to tell you I and many others chose TU over similar offers from much higher ranked schools? To make such cheap statements (even in jest) is really low. I sort of wish we could ban you at this point (too bad hah?) even though generally I agree with your points regarding TU athletics.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

windywave wrote:
sader24 wrote:I'm not painting with a broad brush. I was on that board when it was sportsonly, the one that was run by Joe Parfait, and LSU-Tulane battleground, all of them from 97 or 98 on. They systematically banned and ran people off that didn't toe the party line, most times not for breaking any of the aforementioned rules but for just flat out not liking what people had to say. You don't know what you're talking about Windy, but at least on this board you are free to be wrong without being kicked off.
BUT WHY DO YOU CARE? SERIOUSLY WHY DO YOU GIVE A RAT'S ASS ABOUT YOGWF IF YOU HATE IT SO MUCH? THAT IS MY POINT.
You really don't get it. If we said nothing that would be a bold statement that we don't care about Tu athletics and will allow biased fools to dictate the message to the admin, stakeholders, donors and fans.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

STFU you have no power here. No just kidding . That's what you would be told there and banned. You came here and called the board lame so don't try and lecture others about childishness.

As others here have made clear that site has contributed to those who have wrecked Tulane athletics staying in power. Yes it is a fact we helped get rid of Toledo. Hell even he acknowledged that.

This is a great site created by a young man I know since he was an infant. You can thank this site for you not getting banned from the other site. In the past if anyone went elsewhere and posted as you did in the fire CJ thread during the season they would have been banned you from there for breaking their rules. This site has become so big and active that they have had to back off of doing that.

As has been noted your views mostly align w/those here. But don't expect to get treated kindly when you come and try and lecture us. Fact is posters there make constant and regular derogatory remarks about this site but not once have you ever called them out for it. Just more hypocritical behavior on your part.

You ought to learn how to read and you could learn a lot here.