Duke Score Prediction Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Duke 44, Tulane 16. Wave keeps it close for a half, but the usual second half poor coaching and miscues will kill us.

Please let me be wrong!

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
IM42lane
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Duke 44, Tulane 16. Wave keeps it close for a half, but the usual second half poor coaching and miscues will kill us.

Please let me be wrong!
AMEN to that!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
IM42lane
Swell

I am going to have to pick Duke 24-14. I DO NOT want to, but common sense makes me do that. I do not see either team running up a dominant score on the other because of it being the first game. Whoever winds up winning will do it in the fourth quarter.

I really hope that I am DEAD WRONG, and the score is reversed by some miracle. If Tulane can play ball control on Duke with its running backs and make ZERO turnovers/mistakes, then the score will be reversed. Tanner Lee MUST manage things much better than he did last year.

Realistically, I look for Tulane to be 1-2 going into the open date. When that occurs, we will have a better idea of whether Tulane can compete in the AAC Western Division.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Fat Harry
Low Tide

35-28 TULANE
Pullinmyhairout
Low Tide

Cutcliff is not going to let his team get gashed for over 200 yards of rushing again. He will stack the box forcing Lee to beat him. On the other side, Tulane's defense keeps us in it. I predict a medium to low scoring game with Duke winning by 10.

24-14 Duke.
Jonathan
Riptide

Sadly Duke 14 Tulane 7. We beat the spread!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think we'll be competitive in the game, but in the end I have a difficult time finding reasons to think we'll win. Are we well coached? Will the Lichtenberger lead Special Teams be special? Why isn't our scholarship F Kicker on the depth chart? The one thing I do think is a great possibility is a Vegas Nightmare:

Duke 24
Tulane 13

Tulane covers the opening spread and Duke covers the latest (-7.5). This gives the smart money guys that captured one of the biggest moves in the line I can remember! They're really wagering the vig (10%) to win both the Wave plus 13.5 and Duke -7.5 (200%). That's a position I'd love to be in.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Eaglewave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
Dave breslin wrote:TU 24 Duke 21. That would be Priceless. With Price-TU 3 Duke 24
:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ball Sumrall!
Eaglewave
Swell

Duke 38
Tulane 28

Tanner Lee has a big day, but poor coaching decisions cost us two scores.
Ball Sumrall!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Fairly amazing that at this point most here think we'll lose by more than Vegas thinks we'll lose by.
TXWave88
Surge

jonathanjoseph wrote:Fairly amazing that at this point most here think we'll lose by more than Vegas thinks we'll lose by.
What is your pick then?

Wave 17 - somehow we get a fg....maybe Ade Aruna kicks again for us
Puke 27
Wavetrader
Low Tide

Keeping it positive for the season opener. Greenies 28, Duke 10. The Wave pulls an upset. The Defense stuffs Duke and our amiable/calm OC starts the season out hot and we score 4 offensive TDs setting us up for the the best offensive production ranking by a team led by our OC in 6 years (2 at Memphis and 4 at Tulane). We are inside the top 100 ranking for the first week. We reach inside the playbook and score with a Teddy Veal jet sweep, which is the first time we've ran the play since the 2014 GT game, which also resulted in a TD; a pounding running game right at the Duke front 5 + 3 which nets over 250 yards rushing with Thompson and Hilliard between them getting two TDs, and a Tanner Lee pass to one of our TEs for the fourth TD. Greenies start the season 1-0 with confidence going into GT!
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wavetrader wrote:Keeping it positive for the season opener. Greenies 28, Duke 10. The Wave pulls an upset. The Defense stuffs Duke and our amiable/calm OC starts the season out hot and we score 4 offensive TDs setting us up for the the best offensive production ranking by a team led by our OC in 6 years (2 at Memphis and 4 at Tulane). We are inside the top 100 ranking for the first week. We reach inside the playbook and score with a Teddy Veal jet sweep, which is the first time we've ran the play since the 2014 GT game, which also resulted in a TD; a pounding running game right at the Duke front 5 + 3 which nets over 250 yards rushing with Thompson and Hilliard between them getting two TDs, and a Tanner Lee pass to one of our TEs for the fourth TD. Greenies start the season 1-0 with confidence going into GT!
The play that Veal scored on is not a jet sweep, it's closer to a reverse and definitely a mis-direction play. The backs and line go one way, and then Veal takes a pitch coming from the direction where the rest of the team is headed. We ran that play at least twice more last year, once for sure at Rutgers. We've also shown that exact same play, IN THE SAME FORMATION AND TO THE SAME SIDE in practice and scrimmage highlights all spring and summer. Similarly, we've seen the jump toss to the tight end, same play that scored our first TD in Yulman, many, many times this summer, including three times in the clip where our OC touts this years' offense.
Wavetrader
Low Tide

Okay, I'll take your word on it. I turned off the Rutgers game early last year and also missed most of the Memphis game so maybe they did run it again after the GT score. Hopefully Cutcliffe is not watching any of our summer practice/OC highlight clips!
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
Aegis
High Tide

TU 27
DUKE 23

Just think our talent level has increased enough to make this a win. Lived in the Durham and Tidewater areas for 5 years and don't think the football talent or play in that region is as strong as LA. However I will say I think David Cutclifffe is a very good coach and recruiter so my prediction may not hold up.
gogwave
Ripple

18-25 Tulane :D
winwave
Top of the WAVE

gogwave wrote:18-25 Tulane :D
Good one. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

We're showing our age a bit if we think this is funny (and it is).
ajcalhoun
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:
Yes and yes.
God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wavetrader wrote:Okay, I'll take your word on it. I turned off the Rutgers game early last year and also missed most of the Memphis game so maybe they did run it again after the GT score. Hopefully Cutcliffe is not watching any of our summer practice/OC highlight clips!
I'm with ya, trader! I can't believe how many times we see that play on the internet updated Wave summer clips. Veal runs it well, for sure. The run in the GaTech game came right towards me in section 119, I told my buddy he was going in before he broke the line of scrimmage, and he put some nice moves and a burst to get to the checkerboard.
COChip
Low Tide

Duke 31-TU 13

Decent coaching & talent > shitty coaching & decent talent
JerseyWave
Riptide

Duke 35
Tulane 20

I think too many people are drinking Green Kool Aid. Tulane had among the lowest ranked offenses and special teams last year, two of the three phases of Football. The coaching staff is worse than a year ago. Where's the improvement coming from?
Special teams and an inconsistent offense will prove very costly for Tulane. I think this game will be close for the first half,(Tulane up 14-7) and then the second half Duke pulls away when Tulane's offense goes to sleep and special teams has a disaster.
Green Wave
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:
Yes and yes.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

One more time!

phpBB [video]
ROLL WAVE!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

TXWave88 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:Fairly amazing that at this point most here think we'll lose by more than Vegas thinks we'll lose by.
What is your pick then?

Wave 17 - somehow we get a fg....maybe Ade Aruna kicks again for us
Puke 27
My pick? I don't think someone who has only read about a football team second hand is well qualified to be offering a pick. So I don't know.

But I do know that, on paper, we are more experienced at numerous key positions including them breaking in a new QB. We are healthy when they are not. Our matchups (i.e., our run game vs their run defense, our defense vs a 1st time starter at QB) are mostly all favorable. I am comfortable believing that the talent is there to win this game. And we're at home. I think Tulane SHOULD win this game.

But I can't help but worry that Cutcliffe >>>>>> CJ on discipline, scheme, game day coaching, and then stuff like routine special teams.

Tulane should win this game. I don't think they will. This is a very big game for the program. I hope I'm wrong.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Dave breslin wrote:TU 24 Duke 21. That would be Priceless. With Price-TU 3 Duke 24
That's some forum hall of fame $hit right there.