Three Star QB Jack Abraham

Talk about the latest recruits here.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Johnny Hill, coach of Jack Abraham at Oxford, reports that our 2016 QB recruit "has been unbelievable with accuracy and timing this summer."

As an aside, Coach Hill plans on retiring at the end of Jack's senior season. Here's hoping that the Oxford Chargers win the MS state championship this year!

GreenLantern
Riptide

Oxford QB Jack Abraham was the 2015 Medicomp 7 on 7 MVP

Could he be a future Tulane QB1?

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jonathan
Riptide

247 sports does not have three star Jack Abraham on their list of 2015 Tulane commits. Can someone contact them and ask to add to their list?
GreenLantern
Riptide

Jonathan wrote:247 sports does not have three star Jack Abraham on their list of 2015 Tulane commits. Can someone contact them and ask to add to their list?
Jack is a junior at Oxford HS and a 2016 commit.
CORRECTION- I forget that the 2015 school year has ended. Jack is now a senior. Oxford HS has played for the MS state championship (5A) for the last two years, losing both times. They are pre-season ranked 23rd in the nation according to USA Today. Having DeKaylin Metcalf (Ole Miss commit), one of the top 10 wide receivers in the country hasn't hurt either.

BTW, Jack beat Shea Patterson, an Ole Miss commit for the MVP honor.
Last edited by GreenLantern on Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave breslin
Swell

I'm with johnathon. I want a 6ft 8 inch man who can run the forty in 2 seconds and can't be hurt. And he will need to tuck his cape in his pants so he won't trip on it. Actually,I want a young man who --WINS.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Pretty poised for a HS kid. Of course, there are no Duke LBs in his face.

phpBB [video]
Green Wave
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:Pretty poised for a HS kid. Of course, there are no Duke LBs in his face.

phpBB [video]
Just as long as he does not throw 5 pick sixes in a season!\\

ROLLWAVE!
ROLL WAVE!
GreenLantern
Riptide

Jack Abraham's Oxford Chargers have advanced to the Select 7on7 national championship this week.

Also, here's a good story about the top six QBs in Mississippi (Jack Abraham makes the list):
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/spor ... /30065815/
Praised for his accuracy and overall completeness, Abraham is often tabbed as the most developed quarterback in the state. During the 2014 season, Abraham threw for 3,304 yards, 35 touchdowns and eight interceptions while completing 59.7 percent of his passes.
In a related note, Shea Patterson (5-star, no. 2 rated pro-style QB in the US and an Ole Miss commit) is transferring from Calvary Baptist in Shreveport to Bradenton, FL for his HS senior year. Rumors on football forums claim that this is positioning himself for a University of Florida offer. If he de-commits from Ole Miss, I'm wondering if the Ole Miss recruiters are going to take heightened interest in Jack Abraham who's in their back yard at Oxford HS. Jack is a pretty special player and I'm hoping that Tulane can keep his interest.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Jack Abraham's HS team (Oxford, MS) is ranked 1st nationally for medium-size schools according to MaxPreps.

Jack has got a great supporting cast including 4-star receiver DeKaylin Metcalf (son of NFL great Terrance Metcalf), but this young man can play. I think he may be something very special for Tulane.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/shxoFN0zIE ... nkings.htm
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/prep ... r.it%27%5D

This kid looks fantastic. If we can hold on, the Tanner Lee-->Jack Abraham pipeline will be as good as anything since King --> Ramsey and put us back in the QB U conversation.
TXWave88
Surge

He looks like he is ready to play now. He looks more polished than what we put on the field. Who is his QB coach? Let's hire him when Jack comes in.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Jack made the cover of Southern Elite Sports magazine.

Eaglewave
Swell

AugWave wrote:This mf said a 4.3...

:lol:
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He does look good. His actual height is at best 5"10''. Hopefully that scares away the big time programs and we are able to keep him. Then CJ will have his Drew Brees. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

David Morris, the founder of QB Country, an organization based out of Mobile, Alabama, that develops quarterbacks year-round , has trained the likes of former Alabama and USC stars A.J. McCarron and Matt Barkley. He's been working with Jack Abraham since the Oxford product was in the ighth grade.

"I think Jack Abraham is the best pure passer in the 2016 class in the country," Morris said. "You don't often see a guy who can be that consistent, that sound, that impressive over and over and over again from an accuracy, mechanics and anticipation standpoint. I'm really excited about how good he can be."
Here's the entire article:
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/spor ... /31003313/
Jonathan
Riptide

Abraham looks like another Tanner Lee. As a great prospect,can we find a top QB coach for them CJ other than the Prices?
GreenLantern
Riptide

Jack Abraham threw 3TDs in tonight's season opener against Charleston, MS. Jack's Oxford Chargers won 26-12.

phpBB [video]
GreenLantern
Riptide

Also, mark your calendars for August 28. The 'little' Egg Bowl featuring Jack Abraham's Oxford Chargers against Starkville will be nationally televised. This will give us our first chance to see Jack in action.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Jack Abraham is getting interest from Cal and UCLA. I'm certain that he will get approached by many other schools...particularly if Oxford HS wins the state championship this year as many are predicting.

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... _jack.html
Aberzombie1892
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:Jack Abraham is getting interest from Cal and UCLA. I'm certain that he will get approached by many other schools...particularly if Oxford HS wins the state championship this year as many are predicting.

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... _jack.html
Hopefully, they will shy away from him because of his height.
GreenLantern
Riptide

I was afraid this was too good to be true:

https://twitter.com/jackabraham30/statu ... 4708901888
JerseyWave
Riptide

Don't be afraid! We want guys with quality offers. If Tulane is only out recruiting USM, McNeese and South Alabama then there is a problem. It is CJ's job to win games this fall and then win the recruiting battles after the season.
OUG
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote:I was afraid this was too good to be true:

What was too good to be true? So he got an offer, so what? LOTS of our commits get offers from bigger programs after they commit -- some get written about, some don't.

But Jack is in the fold. He was quoted as late as yesterday in a story about Cal/UCLA interest that he is coming to Tulane and enrolling early unless "something disastrous happens".

Let the kid be proud of his offer, he's worked hard; there is no reason for us to be insecure.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

OUG wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:I was afraid this was too good to be true:

What was too good to be true? So he got an offer, so what? LOTS of our commits get offers from bigger programs after they commit -- some get written about, some don't.

But Jack is in the fold. He was quoted as late as yesterday in a story about Cal/UCLA interest that he is coming to Tulane and enrolling early unless "something disastrous happens".

Let the kid be proud of his offer, he's worked hard; there is no reason for us to be insecure.
OUG... I agree.... Don't act insecure... Hell if you want to recruit better players, be prepared for better programs to recruit the same kid. This kid has a future at Tulane... His family has an easy drive for the home and the majority of the road games.... He receives an excellent education.... I have a feeling an announcement will be forthcoming regarding facilities, and I do not mean urinals or toilets...but I do not think it will be made until December
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !