Da'Monte Coxie WR

Talk about the latest recruits here.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... ver_mobile
"I got my first offer from Tulane University and then ULM, Southeastern and McNeese; that's my four offers for right now," he said. "I was excited (about the Tulane offer) because I never had an offer before...just gotta keep working and that's motivation." The 6-foot-3, 175-pounder said LSU, Alabama and TCU spoke to him about visiting their camps so coaches can get a better look at him.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

This kid has zero stars. Going up against Mc Neese for him. Trying to use us as a stepping stone to get to LSU. drop him now.
Green Wave
Swell

Jonathan wrote:This kid has zero stars. Going up against Mc Neese for him. Trying to use us as a stepping stone to get to LSU. drop him now.

Certainly looks like he wants to be a Tiger.
ROLL WAVE!
sader24
Tsunami

Well they do have the #1 recruiting class in the country. 95% of the kids in this state want to be a Tiger. Blame your peeps in the Athletic Department for that.
JerseyWave
Riptide

CJ has been complete failure at recruiting the position he's spent his entire career coaching.
nawlinspete
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote:CJ has been complete failure at recruiting the position he's spent his entire career coaching.
CJ has been a complete failure at everything he's done at Tulane. The problem is we have an AD who is fine with that and a President who refuses to even have an opinion about the role of Athletics in University Life, let alone state an opinion. No wonder we stink.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Judging from the "PIc" he will end up either in Baton Rouge...or.... Lubbock "Guns Up" !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:CJ has been complete failure at recruiting the position he's spent his entire career coaching.
CJ has been a complete failure at everything he's done at Tulane. The problem is we have an AD who is fine with that and a President who refuses to even have an opinion about the role of Athletics in University Life, let alone state an opinion. No wonder we stink.

plus one! I hope he is gone after this season. The guy is over his head.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
nawlinspete
Riptide

Has the Tulane offer been rescinded yet ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Pullinmyhairout
Low Tide

I watched this kids highlight tape. It looks like he has trouble getting separation in high school. LSU can have him.
Green Wave
Swell

sader24 wrote:Well they do have the #1 recruiting class in the country. 95% of the kids in this state want to be a Tiger. Blame your peeps in the Athletic Department for that.
We both went to Brother Martin.

But, that is where it ends.

You went to LSU and I went to Tulane.

BTW:

In regards to blaming my peeps in the athletic department,

BS!
ROLL WAVE!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

nawlinspete wrote:
We have CJ because of the AD who is there because of the President. We have exactly the athletic program Cowen wanted from day 1. A <25K football stadium, a 3.6K basketball arena, a much much smaller budget than peers but a higher graduation rate. Cowen went on record as wanting that over 10 years ago.

Meanwhile, CJ cannot be fairly judged as a recruiter given his facilities situation. I think he's doing a heck of a job considering we won't have better football facilities than ULL within 6 months.
Green Wave
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:
We have CJ because of the AD who is there because of the President. We have exactly the athletic program Cowen wanted from day 1. A <25K football stadium, a 3.6K basketball arena, a much much smaller budget than peers but a higher graduation rate. Cowen went on record as wanting that over 10 years ago.

Meanwhile, CJ cannot be fairly judged as a recruiter given his facilities situation. I think he's doing a heck of a job considering we won't have better football facilities than ULL within 6 months.
Nah!

We have modernized our facilities across the board and our stadium has a capacity of 27,962. With SRO, 30K.

IE!

BS!
ROLL WAVE!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Green Wave wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:

Nah!

We have modernized our facilities across the board and our stadium has a capacity of 27,962. With SRO, 30K.

IE!

BS!
So all of our peers who have been spending somewhere between $15M and the amount we spent on Yulman on non-gameday facilities and even though we've done no such thing our facilities would be considered on par? By whose standard? Would any D1A head coach agree with that?

This is what I mean when I say he's pi$$ing on us and telling us it's raining.

These are not the droids you're looking for. We've run a successful and competent athletic department.
Green Wave
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Green Wave wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:

Nah!

IE!

BS!
So all of our peers who have been spending somewhere between $15M and the amount we spent on Yulman on non-gameday facilities and even though we've done no such thing our facilities would be considered on par? By whose standard? Would any D1A head coach agree with that?

This is what I mean when I say he's pi$$ing on us and telling us it's raining.

These are not the droids you're looking for. We've run a successful and competent athletic department.
You are clueless.

Meanwhile we have a New Baseball stadium, New Football stadium, renovated Basketball arena, and a new basketball/volleyball training facility(non-game day).

In the works, Athletic Village for Olympic sports.

All together over $120 million. These investments gave us the ability to say "hey we can hang with you". It is what Aresco used to get us into the American and out of CUSA.

Keep bitch/moaning JJ. I find it amusing.

You are just clueless.

:mrgreen:
ROLL WAVE!
nawlinspete
Riptide

"It is what Aresco used to get us into the American and out of CUSA."

You should know Rick, er Green Wave.
Eaglewave
Swell

nawlinspete wrote:
Although I feel CJ needs to grow a pair, I don't think he has failed in everything just yet. I think this year is his final strike.
Ball Sumrall!
JerseyWave
Riptide

Eaglewave wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:
Although I feel CJ needs to grow a pair, I don't think he has failed in everything just yet. I think this year is his final strike.
A 3-9 season in year three of your program is failure in my book.
sader24
Tsunami

Green Wave wrote:
sader24 wrote:Well they do have the #1 recruiting class in the country. 95% of the kids in this state want to be a Tiger. Blame your peeps in the Athletic Department for that.
We both went to Brother Martin.

But, that is where it ends.

You went to LSU and I went to Tulane.

BTW:

In regards to blaming my peeps in the athletic department,

BS!

JTS also went to Brother Martin. Any chance that's who you are? BTW where I attended college has nothing to do with why 95% of the kids in this state want to go to LSU instead of Tulane. It has to do with LSU committing to becoming a top 10 Athletic Department 15 years ago and following through with it. It has to do with Tulane/Cowen trying to end Athletics and almost following through with it. It has to do with LSU having an alumni base that demands success and holds people accountable and Tulane having an alumni base that is virtually invisible and a fan base that is all too eager to please and apologize for Presidents and Athletic Directors and Coaches. In 98 we had a better Football and Basketball team than LSU and our baseball program was 3 years away from knocking off LSU in a Super Regional. Any above average President and Athletic Director tandem would've parlayed that into an invitation to a Big Conference down the road, but incompetence at both of those positions put us in the complete opposite spot. Begging to be reincluded in a conference that we were already in.
sader24
Tsunami

BTW Damonte Coxie is now rated the #24 player in the state by 247sports and has an 87 rating aka a high 3 star. He would be the highest rated commit we have so far. I was listening to a radio show the other day that had Jimmy Smith on for a few minutes. While many Tulane fans think he is a clown who treats us unfairly, I've actually read the majority of what he's had to say over the last few years in regards to Tulane recruiting and he's been more than fair and complimentary towards CJ and the staff's recruiting. The host asked him if he knew why CJ has yet to be able to bring in higher caliber talent at a position that he coached in the NFL and Smith said it's a mystery that neither he or anyone he speaks to can figure out. He said just about everyone believed if nothing else Tulane would be loaded at the WR position at this point in CJ's tenure if nowhere else. Other than Teddy Veal we've missed out on every notable WR prospect we've gone after. I personally don't believe there is any mystery to it. 1) More big name teams are recruiting Louisiana than ever before and harder. 2) Our offense has been anemic and I can't see a big name WR looking at it and wanting to be a part of it. 3) CJ has that Saints thing in his head where it doesn't matter who is a WR because the offense and QB are so good they can coach average talent up at the WR position. I brought a guy with me to the Memphis game last year who played college football at a decent level. He spent most of the game telling me 2 things 1) Tanner Lee locks in on a WR too early and too long 2) None of our WR's can get open so he gets blamed more than he should for holding onto the ball too long and making bad throws b/c he has absolutely nowhere to go with the ball other than dumping it off to the RB. He literally said just about every other play, "Jesus Christ, nobody is even close to getting open."
nawlinspete
Riptide

sader24 wrote:BTW Damonte Coxie is now rated the #24 player in the state by 247sports and has an 87 rating aka a high 3 star. He would be the highest rated commit we have so far. I was listening to a radio show the other day that had Jimmy Smith on for a few minutes. While many Tulane fans think he is a clown who treats us unfairly, I've actually read the majority of what he's had to say over the last few years in regards to Tulane recruiting and he's been more than fair and complimentary towards CJ and the staff's recruiting. The host asked him if he knew why CJ has yet to be able to bring in higher caliber talent at a position that he coached in the NFL and Smith said it's a mystery that neither he or anyone he speaks to can figure out. He said just about everyone believed if nothing else Tulane would be loaded at the WR position at this point in CJ's tenure if nowhere else. Other than Teddy Veal we've missed out on every notable WR prospect we've gone after. I personally don't believe there is any mystery to it. 1) More big name teams are recruiting Louisiana than ever before and harder. 2) Our offense has been anemic and I can't see a big name WR looking at it and wanting to be a part of it. 3) CJ has that Saints thing in his head where it doesn't matter who is a WR because the offense and QB are so good they can coach average talent up at the WR position. I brought a guy with me to the Memphis game last year who played college football at a decent level. He spent most of the game telling me 2 things 1) Tanner Lee locks in on a WR too early and too long 2) None of our WR's can get open so he gets blamed more than he should for holding onto the ball too long and making bad throws b/c he has absolutely nowhere to go with the ball other than dumping it off to the RB. He literally said just about every other play, "Jesus Christ, nobody is even close to getting open."
Bad coaching. All the offensive offense coaches need to be terminated, starting with the Prices and their AD bud and Johnson.
Show Me
Tsunami

This.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Go to LSU. You will be one of ten underclassman WR. You, too, can play once in two seasons and then sit out a year.
Show Me
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote:Go to LSU. You will be one of ten underclassman WR. You, too, can play once in two seasons and then sit out a year.
Down to 9 now one just quit :lol:
http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/sp ... -it-really
ajcalhoun
Swell

nawlinspete wrote:Go to LSU. You will be one of ten underclassman WR. You, too, can play once in two seasons and then sit out a year.
There you go telling a kid he's not good enough to make it at another place so come to Tulane instead.
I hate that line of thinking.
God Bless Everyone!