Three Star QB Jack Abraham

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Robert1969
Riptide

Tulane added its first offensive commitment for the Class of 2016 Saturday when Oxford (Miss.) quarterback Jack Abraham pledged to the Green Wave.

"It feels great," Abraham said. "I'm really excited to be a part of Tulane football. It definitely makes me feel relieved now that I can focus on my high school team and making sure we get back to state."

The 6-foot, 197-pound Abraham also had offers from Alcorn State and South Alabama and was also receiving major interest from Southern Miss as well as Duke, Kansas, Ole Miss, North Carolina and Wake Forest.

Abraham said Tulane felt like the right place for him as soon as he stepped on campus for the first time in March, which is when he received his offer.
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... fro_5.html

Robert1969
Riptide

Abraham, who is considered a three-star prospect by Rivals and 247Sports, has led Oxford to back-to-back Class 5A state championship game appearances, although his Chargers have come up short both times.

He threw for 3,304 yards, 35 touchdowns and eight interceptions while completing 59.7 percent of his passes as a junior; he had 3,572 yards, 38 touchdowns and 14 interceptions on 60.9 percent passing as a sophomore.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Great news! So, starting next fall, Tulane will have two consensus three star quarterbacks on campus - Jack and Glen.

On a side note, I think Glen will be something special, but he needs another year to develop - he has the instinct and athleticism of Devin and the arm of Tanner. As such, we just need Tanner to make it through the season without getting injured, but, if he is injured, hopefully the offensive coaches are giving Devin enough opportunities to improve so that we won't have to throw Glen into the fire too soon.
MicMan
Swell

Six feet tall? He'd better be the next Flutie.
Green Wave
Swell

MicMan wrote:Six feet tall? He'd better be the next Flutie.
LOL!

Flute was 5 foot 10 or 9(depending on who u believed) inches tall!
ROLL WAVE!
Bham Wave
Ripple

I saw Glenn at spring game and I did not see an arm anywhere near Tanner Lee. He did not look like he was close to challenging Powell for the number 2 spot let alone Tanner for the starting job.

I did watch this new kids hudl video and he has nice touch on the ball and good feel in the pocket. He looks pretty polished.
Jonathan
Riptide

He is not anywhere near Tanner Lee with height arm strength etc. wasted committment Fire the Prices they are killing Tanner he is leading the nation almost in interceptions.
Robert1969
Riptide

MicMan wrote:Six feet tall? He'd better be the next Flutie.
At 6' tall would you settle for the next Drew Brees?
Jonathan
Riptide

No Eli or Peyton at their prime. We need four and five star athletes to get us back to a winning program,top 25 and a major bowl. Present coaching staff is unable and incapable to achieve this but Dickson is paying CJ over a million dollars a year for three wins. Tanner was terrible last year almost leading the nation in interceptions by poor QB coaching by the Prices. CJ made a mega mistake by not firing the Prices. One reason I will not renew my season tickets or TAF donation.
Last edited by Jonathan on Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Bham Wave wrote:I saw Glenn at spring game and I did not see an arm anywhere near Tanner Lee. He did not look like he was close to challenging Powell for the number 2 spot let alone Tanner for the starting job.

I did watch this new kids hudl video and he has nice touch on the ball and good feel in the pocket. He looks pretty polished.
Exactly. Glenn showed potential, but he needs time to develop, as throwing a QB in too early can stop development due to a loss of confidence. Tanner was relatively horrible last year because he didn't have time to develop, but I hope that that didn't affect his confidence in game time scenarios.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Jonathan, these two posts in this thread are what drives people to call for you to stop posting! First of all, how can Tanner be "leading the nation almost in interceptions." in April? Did he throw more in the spring game than anyone else? Also, you keep talking about 4 and 5 star recruits, like our recruiting classes should be full of them. Out of the 32 5 star recruits NONE went to a G5 University. NONE. Of the roughly 300 4 star recruits (AS I"VE TOLD YOU NUMEROUS TIMES AND YOU REFUSE TO ACCEPT) about 12 went to the 70 or so G5 Universities. With one winning season in the last 12 years, how many of those kids realistically are coming to Tulane?

Please, if you're going to repeat something over and over and over and over and over again, AT LEAST DON'T HAVE IT BE SOMETHING THAT MAKES YOU APPEAR CLUELESS.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jonathan
Riptide

Check out the facts. Do not tell me what I can post or not post. I am sure you are happy with the Prices, one his QB coach that CJ refused to fire both.Just worry about yourself and not me. He threw nine interceptions five in the second half that cost us these games and a three win record. I think Tanner with his height and strong arm should be one of Tulane's best quarterbacks but the Prices are not helping him.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Jonathan wrote:Check out the facts. Do not tell me what I can post or not post. I am sure you are happy with the Prices, one his QB coach that CJ refused to fire both.Just worry about yourself and not me. He threw nine interceptions five in the second half that cost us these games and a three win record. I think Tanner with his height and strong arm should be one of Tulane's best quarterbacks but the Prices are not helping him.
I don't need to check out the facts. I already know them. And, no, I am not happy with the QB coach and O-coordinator. I think the Price brothers should be sent packing. I've stated so in numerous posts. But I do appreciate that you edited your posts so that they're a little bit more logical. The fact is nobody is "almost leading the nation in interceptions" in April.

If you're posting the same crap about 4 and 5 star recruits (which again mysteriously disappeared after your edits) in the face of statistics about how many of those recruits went to G5 schools, you come off as living in your own world. You can post whatever you want. I'm not telling you not to. I'm simply saying when you do so over and over and over and over again, it's a logical outcome for folks to call you a troll, ask for you to be banned or to stop posting.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
AugWave
Swell

This guy looks polished..
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Impressive credentials. My golf shoes look older than he does.

Junior highlights
JerseyWave
Riptide

He appears to have good skills. At the next level it will be up to his coaches to develop him into a legitimate college quarterback. Good Luck with that.
Pullinmyhairout
Low Tide

I KNOW IT WILL LIKELY CHANGE AS TIME MOVES FORWARD, BUT FOR NOW, MAY 1 2015, WE HAVE THE #1 RATED FOOTBALL RECRUITING CLASS IN THE AAC.

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Footba ... erence=AAC
Jonathan
Riptide

I do not like his height and like of speed. I want 4.3-: he is not close not a super strong arm. No great schools recruited him.
Jonathan
Riptide

I have posted over 3000 posts on this site supporting Tulane athletics D Conn and wanting to rid us of Rick Dickson. I have two degrees from Tulane and attended for seven years. What about you? Get a life and stop knocking me . Come down to New Orleans in your life time and support our teams other that your usual cr- p on this Tulane website.
sader24
Tsunami

You want a QB that runs a 4.3? Trolling as usual.
wave97
Swell

Jonathan wrote:I do not like his height and like of speed. I want 4.3-: he is not close not a super strong arm. No great schools recruited him.
Take a look at the spectacular athleticism by this horrible QB:
phpBB [video]
AugWave
Swell

This mf said a 4.3...
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
TXWave88
Surge

wave97 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:I do not like his height and like of speed. I want 4.3-: he is not close not a super strong arm. No great schools recruited him.
Take a look at the spectacular athleticism by this horrible QB:
phpBB [video]
He forgot to pump up his shoes....
Robert1969
Riptide

Really? You want a quarterback with 4.3 speed? You mean like Drew Brees? Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!
GreenLantern
Riptide

It looks like this young man is having an impressive off-season. Of 7-on-7 football his team is 15-0 and he says "It's too easy". I like it.

https://twitter.com/jackabraham30/statu ... 52/photo/1