Baseball Promotions

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
BC Wave
Swell

I'm am putting this out there realizing I am opening myself for criticism but I feel it is important if Tulane is to market itself in a positive light:

#1 -- Tulane is having quite a few promotions this year which is a great move to attempt to get casual fans into the park. This is a great initial effort to get casual fans into the park and I applaud the PTB that have gotten this started.

#2 -- have really enjoyed the give-always, especially the Sunday trading cards. Yesit's geeky for anyone older than 16, but I find myself looking forward to Sunday games to see what new faces will appear.

#3 -- a bit disappointed with tonight's promotions:
A. Tonight was St Patty's dollar beer. I received an email with no mention it was for students only. I found that out after waiting ten minutes in line. A bit later I sat by a student who said he would get one for me. He went down to buy some in the 3rd inning, returning shortly saying they were now out of the dollar beer. WTF? A nice little promotion that Tulane crayfishes on and then stocks
precious little beer?

B--- tonight was "Replica Jersey" night.
I was one of the first 250 in the gate and I received a t-shirt.
I don't have a problem with a tshirt. Tshirts are great. But if you give away tshirts, have a free Tshirt night. Don't promote a jersey night and Then give cheap a$$ t shirts

C-- next Tuesday is Free Jersy Night #2.
For the LSU game. What do you think LSU fans who get these shirts are going to do with them? This has disaster written all over it.

GreenLantern
Riptide

Would seem to me that a promotional giveaway is unnecessary for the LSU game. Take the funds budgeted for that game and use it for another game's promo (fire Dickson tee shirts?). That would be a promo that would have fans lined up all the way to Claiborne. Unfortunately that message would probably remain relevant for the next several years so we could get a lot of wear out of the shirts.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

BC Wave wrote:I'm am putting this out there realizing I am opening myself for criticism but I feel it is important if Tulane is to market itself in a positive light:

#1 -- Tulane is having quite a few promotions this year which is a great move to attempt to get casual fans into the park. This is a great initial effort to get casual fans into the park and I applaud the PTB that have gotten this started.

#2 -- have really enjoyed the give-always, especially the Sunday trading cards. Yesit's geeky for anyone older than 16, but I find myself looking forward to Sunday games to see what new faces will appear.

#3 -- a bit disappointed with tonight's promotions:
A. Tonight was St Patty's dollar beer. I received an email with no mention it was for students only. I found that out after waiting ten minutes in line. A bit later I sat by a student who said he would get one for me. He went down to buy some in the 3rd inning, returning shortly saying they were now out of the dollar beer. WTF? A nice little promotion that Tulane crayfishes on and then stocks
precious little beer?

B--- tonight was "Replica Jersey" night.
I was one of the first 250 in the gate and I received a t-shirt.
I don't have a problem with a tshirt. Tshirts are great. But if you give away tshirts, have a free Tshirt night. Don't promote a jersey night and Then give cheap a$$ t shirts

C-- next Tuesday is Free Jersy Night #2.
For the LSU game. What do you think LSU fans who get these shirts are going to do with them? This has disaster written all over it.
Marketing / Business guru's at their finest !!!... Must be "honor Grads" from the Freeman School of Business
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Agree about the potential for disaster at the LSU game. They should either hold out for another game or amend it to the first 250 fans that are wearing Tulane gear that get them.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
IM42lane
Swell

winwave wrote: Agree about the potential for disaster at the LSU game. They should either hold out for another game or amend it to the first 250 fans that are wearing Tulane gear that get them.
Please tell ANY LSU fans who wind up with one of those free TU T-shirts from the game to please NOT burn or destroy them. I live at 7816 Board Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70817, and I will gladly take them off their hands.

Email me at [email protected] if they wish to drop them off at my front door. Also, if it really makes any difference, tell them that my wife is a two-time LSU grad, and my daughter is a recent LSU Law School graduate.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
ajcalhoun
Swell

While you're at it, Pete, what's your SS#, and your favorite PIN?

I'm kidding, of course, but you should be careful about what personal info you put out on the interwebs. There are some bad people out there.
God Bless Everyone!
IM42lane
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote:While you're at it, Pete, what's your SS#, and your favorite PIN?

I'm kidding, of course, but you should be careful about what personal info you put out on the interwebs. There are some bad people out there.
Yeah, I know, but if someone gets a free Tulane shirt and makes an oil rag out of it, that will just irk me to the max!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
RobertM320
Green Wave

This whole promotion shows exactly how clueless our Athletic Department is. The entire reason for promotions is to get people to attend the game. There's no need to do a promotion when you're playing LSU, it should be pretty much full anyway. And by giving out promos at a game against a rival, you just ask for problems.

Dumb and Dumber.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Coca-Cola is the sponsor of Tuesday's game. The first 250 fans will receive a replica T-Shirt jersey of the 2005 College World Series jersey worn by the Green Wave..
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
Coca-Cola is the sponsor of Tuesday's game. The first 250 fans will receive a replica T-Shirt jersey of the 2005 College World Series jersey worn by the Green Wave..

Click bait
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Show Me
Tsunami

Crazy. Only Tulane would waste a promotion on a guaranteed sellout.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote:This whole promotion shows exactly how clueless our Athletic Department is. The entire reason for promotions is to get people to attend the game. There's no need to do a promotion when you're playing LSU, it should be pretty much full anyway. And by giving out promos at a game against a rival, you just ask for problems.

Dumb and Dumber.

It's worse than that....another point of the promotion is to also have people wearing your gear and feeling a stronger connection to Tulane. Yet in this instance half the fans in attendance are essentially anti Tulane and will just be throwing the shirt in the dumpster after the game. It's just ludicrous.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Think about it. If I'm a Tulane fan going to the Box at LSU and they are handing out LSU shirts I'm going to decline it. I've been to Pelican games and declined stuff because it wasn't any good to me. Plus you have to go to the Tulane promotion tent inside and ask for your shirt. At least that's how the promotions have been done so far this season.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane has now changed the promotion. You have to bring in another schools shirt and trade it for a Tulane one. :mrgreen:
https://www.facebook.com/tufrmc/posts/958695417482179:0
Baseball hosts #1 ranked LSU Baseball at Greer Field at Turchin Stadium. First pitch is at 6:30pm. Fans can exchange a T-shirt from another team or school for a replica Tulane Green Wave Baseball Jersey. Roll Wave!
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Tulane has now changed the promotion. You have to bring in another schools shirt and trade it for a Tulane one. :mrgreen:
Baseball hosts #1 ranked LSU Baseball at Greer Field at Turchin Stadium. First pitch is at 6:30pm. Fans can exchange a T-shirt from another team or school for a replica Tulane Green Wave Baseball Jersey. Roll Wave!
I guess this is better but it's still not great
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:Think about it. If I'm a Tulane fan going to the Box at LSU and they are handing out LSU shirts I'm going to decline it. I've been to Pelican games and declined stuff because it wasn't any good to me. Plus you have to go to the Tulane promotion tent inside and ask for your shirt. At least that's how the promotions have been done so far this season.
You know a ton of those dirty LSU fans will happily take the shirt and toss it out of spite.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Tulane has now changed the promotion. You have to bring in another schools shirt and trade it for a Tulane one. :mrgreen:
I am sure people will see this facebook post, LOL. Now you are going to piss off the people who don't see the adjustment, show up early expecting a free T-shirt and get rejected. I mean they are a joke. They make this adjustment 6 hours before the game starts.

We are so screwed with this group running the show. Can't even properly execute a simple promotion.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
I am sure people will see this facebook post, LOL. Now you are going to piss off the people who don't see the adjustment, show up early expecting a free T-shirt and get rejected. I mean they are a joke. They make this adjustment 6 hours before the game starts.

We are so screwed with this group running the show. Can't even properly execute a simple promotion.
It's on their Twitter feed as well. I'm mad now because I don't have any other schools shirts. Lol
Looks like they are going to do both now.

Coca-Cola is the sponsor of Tuesday's game. The first 250 fans will receive a replica T-Shirt jersey of the 2005 College World Series jersey worn by the Green Wave. Fans will also have an opportunity to take part in the T-Shirt exchange where they can bring in a T-Shirt from another college and exchange it for a Tulane T-Shirt, while supplies last.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I've been following it and it was always promoted both ways to get the shirts.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:

It's permanent amateur hour. Meanwhile, the median D1A athletic department does $40M/year in revenue and ours is a clown show which makes the average local Meetup group look well run in comparison.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:I've been following it and it was always promoted both ways to get the shirts.
Yep. But on my FB feed they have been sending out separate promo's under the "edit" mode.
If you look it appears they edited the first promo. Why not send out a new one?
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:I've been following it and it was always promoted both ways to get the shirts.
Yep. But on my FB feed they have been sending out separate promo's under the "edit" mode.
Still absolutely insane to do it for the LSU game, seems obvious.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
As we both know that's Tulane.
Show Me
Tsunami

I threw my shirt in the dumpster on the way out.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Well I have to say the shirts were nice. Glad I got one.
Tulane Class of 1981