Baseball vs. LSU 3/24

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jonathan
Riptide

Let us fill Turchin with all Tulane fans. Cox is broadcasting the game if you cannot attend but we need everyone there to support Coach Pierce and our team.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jonathan wrote:Let us fill Turchin with all Tulane fans. Cox is broadcasting the game if you cannot attend but we need everyone there to support Coach Pierce and our team.
I think it could be even for this one. We didn't sell that many season tickets this time around.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

Will Tulane raise the prices for tickets for the LSU game next Tuesday? If so as previous years tacky?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jonathan wrote:Will Tulane raise the prices for tickets for the LSU game next Tuesday? If so as previous years tacky?
Yes. They know New Orleans LSU fans will likely pay up to see their No 1 ranked Tigers. $30-$55 range.
Midweek games are usually $5-$10 bucks.
Tulane Class of 1981
JDTulane
Riptide

Snagged 4 tix for the game. Hoping for a good turnout but not expecting one.
Jonathan
Riptide

Ok let us do it and apply money to our $20m annual deficit.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

LSU loses game one to Ark 5-1.
Maybe they will get swept this weekend.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

I have my fingers crossed that they lose the series to Arkansas.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Got a call from Tulane today they only have a limited number of bleacher tickets left for the LSU game if you are a season ticket holder in baseball you can get them for $20. By game time all the tickets will be gone. 504-861-Wave
Also if you know a season ticket holder call them to get you the discount.
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

tpstulane wrote:LSU loses game one to Ark 5-1.
How would that help our RPI? Don't you want them to be #1 when we beat them next week?
God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote:
tpstulane wrote:LSU loses game one to Ark 5-1.
How would that help our RPI? Don't you want them to be #1 when we beat them next week?
It won't matter much. I'd rather them come in on a losing streak myself.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

LSU gets 21 hits and 16 runs to crush Ark in game two 16-3. So much for the sweep. Lol.
Tulane Class of 1981
rollwave11
High Tide

Tulane Green Wave (17-7) vs. LSU Tigers (21-3) 6:30 PM @ Greer Field Turchin Stadium

Team Comparisons

Tulane - RPI: 77
LSU - RPI: 31

Tulane - avg. runs per game: 4.6
LSU - avg. runs per game: 7.3

Tulane - Team ERA: 1.89
LSU - Team ERA: 2.48

Tulane - Team BA: .248
LSU - Team BA: .327

Tulane - Opp. Team BA: .217
LSU - Opp. Team BA: .221

Tulane - Team Fielding %: .969
LSU - Team Fiedling %: .972

Top Players

Tulane Green Wave

Stephen Alemais .337 BA 7 2B 1 3B 1 HR 21 R 7 RBI 7 BB 2 HBP 6 K 13 SB
Hunter Hope .286 BA 7 2B 4 HR 14 R 12 RBI 11 BB 32 K 2 SB
John Gandolfo .259 BA 3 2B 1 3B 1 HR 5 R 11 RBI 7 BB 1 HBP 12 K 1 SB
Lex Kaplan .259 BA 6 2B 1 3B 3 HR 17 R 12 RBI 13 R 1 RBI 27 K 3 SB
Hunter Williams .258 BA 1 3B 4 HR 14 R 13 RBI 3 BB 3 HBP 18 K

LSU Tigers

Kade Scivicque .433 BA 7 2B 3 HR 14 R 15 RBI 5 BB 1 HBP 4 K
Andrew Stevenson .388 BA 1 2B 5 3B 21 R 10 RBI 4 BB 2 HBP 9 K 6 SB
Mark Laird .383 BA 4 2B 25 R 9 RBI 9 BB 1 HBP 4 K 8 SB
Connor Hale .347 BA 7 2B 1 3B 3 HR 18 R 22 RBI 4 BB 13 K
Jared Foster .338 BA 5 2B 2 3B 5 HR 15 R 18 RBI 7 BB 1 HBP 11 K 4 SB

Pitching Matchup

Tulane Green Wave

Patrick Duester 3-1 0.34 ERA 26.1 IP 9 R 1 ER 26 H 9 BB 5 HBP 20 K

LSU Tigers

Russell Reynolds 1-0 3.38 ERA 10.2 IP 6 R 4 ER 9 H 4 BB 2 HBP 7 K
Jonathan
Riptide

Already have an earlier thread on this game.
JDTulane
Riptide

I'll be there with 5 friends. We might go to Roberts for a drink before game. Hopefully WILL go after to celebrate!
Beardedzeus
Trickle

The glaring thing is obviously the difference in batting avg and runs per game. Having said that, a lsu buddy of mine said they are on their third midweek starting pitcher this season so that seems to be an issue for them.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Just listening to WWL radio. LSU guest Jeff Palermo made a comment that he hopes the Tigers can get up for Tulane. Said lately they haven't been against Nicholls St and Southern recently. Since it's only a midweek game. He did say he hopes Tulane gets back in the top 25 since LSU's RPI is a bad 32 being ranked 1. Said LSU only has a few good RPI games left. Texas A&M being one. Also said Andy Cannizaro returning to Tulane is going to be emotional for him. He complemented David Pierce and said some nice things about Rick Jones. He said LSU is going with the same pitcher that pitched against us in the past Russell Reynolds, expect him to go at least 5 innings unless he gets in trouble.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

Looking at the LSU Tiger Rant site Monday tonight I see no threads on the LSU Tulane game. This series's at a low end. Their hitters are the best in the nation. Very disappointed in ours for the last six years. Roll Wave.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

There’s this, too: “It’s not the most pleasant place for the LSU Tigers to go play as far as things they hear yelled from the stands,” coach Paul Mainieri said about playing at Tulane.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:Got a call from Tulane today they only have a limited number of bleacher tickets left for the LSU game if you are a season ticket holder in baseball you can get them for $20. By game time all the tickets will be gone. 504-861-Wave
Also if you know a season ticket holder call them to get you the discount.
SOLD OUT
Tulane staggering in ...
http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... g_int.html
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

Let our pitcher shut them down, a no hitter , no errors and Tulane hit the ball equal or better than the Southeastern game. Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:Just listening to WWL radio. LSU guest Jeff Palermo made a comment that he hopes the Tigers can get up for Tulane. Said lately they haven't been against Nicholls St and Southern recently. Since it's only a midweek game. He did say he hopes Tulane gets back in the top 25 since LSU's RPI is a bad 32 being ranked 1. Said LSU only has a few good RPI games left. Texas A&M being one. Also said Andy Cannizaro returning to Tulane is going to be emotional for him. He complemented David Pierce and said some nice things about Rick Jones. He said LSU is going with the same pitcher that pitched against us in the past Russell Reynolds, expect him to go at least 5 innings unless he gets in trouble.
Yes they will try to stretch him to 5. They let him go 4 last week. It's what Manieri usually does. He wants to get him to starter status for post season purposes but yet he wants to get others work too in these mid week games to develop the staff.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Good story on Cannizaro here. Looks like his kids will grow up Tiger fans.
http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... ver_mobile
Cannizaro, who has two young children with wife Allison, now sees his kids playing around a baseball field like he did growing up. It's just a different venue and the team he grew up thinking of as the opponent to beat.

"My dad (Gary) became an assistant coach (at Tulane) in 1986 and I am I immediately fell in love with the place -- hanging around Tulane all the time as a young kid and then playing there. I would obviously be the batboy there during the season and then I would go on road trips with them and spend my summers at the Tulane baseball camps all summer long because my dad was working those camps. Other kids were going to daycare's and all those types of things and I was going to the. ... Tulane baseball camp."
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

I understand the game is a sell out. What do you think will be the percentage of LSU A&M and Tulane fans. I remember at the LSU Tulane super regional at Zephyr Field which Tulane hosted where LSU fans would wear Tulane shirts over their LSU shirts to purchase extra tickets from Tulane fans. It was wild. We won the series and advanced to the College World Series. One of the deans of United States and Louisiana baseball Skip Bertman after the game addressed the Tulane team and told them how to win in Omaha. He is a great gentleman. One of his daughters has a Tulane graduate degree. Important for us to defeat the Tigers!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jonathan wrote:I understand the game is a sell out. What do you think will be the percentage of LSU A&M and Tulane fans. I remember at the LSU Tulane super regional at Zephyr Field which Tulane hosted where LSU fans would wear Tulane shirts over their LSU shirts to purchase extra tickets from Tulane fans. It was wild. We won the series and advanced to the College World Series. One of the deans of United States and Louisiana baseball Skip Bertman after the game addressed the Tulane team and told them how to win in Omaha. He is a great gentleman. One of his daughters has a Tulane graduate degree. Important for us to defeat the Tigers!
60-40 Tulane fans.
Tulane Class of 1981