Post Article - Tulane Related

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

sad on a number of levels.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane is out of reach financially for the avg income middle class family now. Good luck Coach Pierce when it comes to the 11.7 scholarships for the avg middle class solid baseball player.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:Tulane is out of reach financially for the avg income middle class family now. Good luck Coach Pierce when it comes to the 11.7 scholarships for the avg middle class solid baseball player.
I will never understand the 11.7 scholarships. Why limit a schools ability to provide students with opportunities? They are so dysfunctional.
JDTulane
Riptide

What can you do? If Tulane gave fulls to every qualified student we'd have no student revenue.

But a sad story for her :\
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I am trying to understand the issue.. The young lady has worked very hard...based on past performance, Tulane accepted Her, but she expected Tulane to pay her way ?... WHY ?!?!?.... because she is Female ?... Valedictorian ?..... There are many Females, and female Valedictorians walking the campus at Tulane, that have paid their own way....why is she different ?.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:I am trying to understand the issue.. The young lady has worked very hard...based on past performance, Tulane accepted Her, but she expected Tulane to pay her way ?... WHY ?!?!?.... because she is Female ?... Valedictorian ?..... There are many Females, and female Valedictorians walking the campus at Tulane, that have paid their own way....why is she different ?.....
It's only worth $5K. You're better off financially being dumb and poor at the liberal Art Tulane.
http://admission.tulane.edu/aid/louisiana.php
Tulane Class of 1981
BC Wave
Swell

Interesting.
How "dumb" can you be and enter Tulane? I thought one needed a 30 ACT or a score close to that. (Yes, I'm being simplistic and correlating intelligence to test scores) I was also under the impression that Tulane does not give need based scholarship grants. (Unlike every Ivory League school)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

BC Wave wrote:Interesting.
How "dumb" can you be and enter Tulane? I thought one needed a 30 ACT or a score close to that. (Yes, I'm being simplistic and correlating intelligence to test scores) I was also under the impression that Tulane does not give need based scholarship grants. (Unlike every Ivory League school)
Rephrase, you're better off being poor than being smart. lol
They claim to give need based. At least they used to.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
It's a combo, Ivy's are strictly need based tmk.
BC Wave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
Ok. What is the minimum ACT score to gain entrance to Tulane.
Purely anecdotal, but my daughter was told that Tulane has need based loans but no need based grants.
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

There is no minimum, but a score of at least 25-26 is generally needed for serious consideration. The average score is typically 29-30. This number can be lower for special admits (athletes, employee dependents, etc.).
JDTulane
Riptide

Dr. Rosen that maybe the case a decade ago but now you need a 28-30 to be accepted and a 30-32 for baseline schollies. I would likely still have been accepted but my scholarship may not have been its size if I applied now
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

True, JD. I'm talking in terms of bare minimums, but you're right it's tougher now.