Leeward Brown 3 star OL original Miami commit

Talk about the latest recruits here.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

Would be nice to finish with Brown, Dale, Williams and Moreau
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote:Would be nice to finish with Brown, Dale, Williams and Moreau
For sure
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

We're supposed to get fired up about a middle of the pack player? YAAHHOOOOO, WE'RE NUMBER THREE!!!

What a complete and utter joke.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

He looks great on the film linked. Wide and strong.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I doubt that this kid is serious about attending Tulane...a free trip to nawlins during mardi gras...too good to pass up
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:I doubt that this kid is serious about attending Tulane...a free trip to nawlins during mardi gras...too good to pass up
That's exactly what I thought when I saw this. I'd love to get him in the fold, especially if we get an OC (or HC if we suck in 2015) that knows how to create offense to utilize his talents.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JerseyWave
Riptide

The wide receiver, Quan Shorts, that visited 2 weeks ago and was committed to Texas Tech clearly used CJ for a free trip to New Orleans to visit family.
Profoundwizard
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:I doubt that this kid is serious about attending Tulane...a free trip to nawlins during mardi gras...too good to pass up
Do they actually have any Mardi Gras festivities this weekend? Regardless, if the coaches can get a player that they believe is good to come on a visit, they should take it. Even if they don't think we have a great shot, you have to take it and hope you can change the kids mind on the visit. Worst case scenario you don't get him and you're right back where you started.
Jonathan
Riptide

The quality of this up and coming recruiting class in my humble opinion looks much worst than last years. Combine that with a three win season. CJ and the Prices do not look good. Fire Rick Dickson!
DrBox
Riptide

Good lord.
It never ends with some of you guys.
sader24
Tsunami

Ya'll are ridiculously negative.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:Ya'll are ridiculously negative.
True. But that's to be expected by any Tulane fan who has suffered through the last 15 years, the worst among a bad last 70 years. Tulane makes it crystal f*cking clear that the status quo is not only acceptable but desired, and that includes the few remaining fans making jokes about a 3-star recruit not even taking a Tulane scholarship offer seriously.

I'm all for giving him the offer and applaud the recruiting effort, but that's distinct from whether Tulane fans are or should be "ridiculously negative".
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I am not ridiculously negative.... just ridiculously realistic...but tell ya what...if Mr Leeward Brown signs with Tulane...I will renew my season tickets
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
greenphantom
Swell

+1. I'm not very impressed with the class as it stands at the moment but you got to wonder where people's heads are at when we have a very good recruit come to campus for a visit and all some do is spew negative. Some random dude posts that Quan Shorts used Tulane for a free visit and some take it likes its gospel. Just cause we couldn't flip someone doesn't mean they had ulterior motives.
sader24
Tsunami

He's using us for a free visit during Mardi Gras even though it's not Msrdi Gras. Explain that to me.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

greenphantom wrote:
+1. I'm not very impressed with the class as it stands at the moment but you got to wonder where people's heads are at when we have a very good recruit come to campus for a visit and all some do is spew negative. Some random dude posts that Quan Shorts used Tulane for a free visit and some take it likes its gospel. Just cause we couldn't flip someone doesn't mean they had ulterior motives.
I am not a "random dude" and I know my head is attached to my neck and not stuck up my, or anyone's else's azz... I stand by my opinion/post regarding Shorts' visit ... As far as "gospel" you need to turn to Jimmy Swaggart and his followers on Airline Blvd/Hwy.. or Joel Olsteen and the Lakewood Church crowd in Houston for your direction. FYI... Lakewood church is in the building, that at one time was named "The Summit" and later the "Compaq Center" where the Houston Rockets and Tulane alum Phil Hicks once played
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

sader24 wrote:He's using us for a free visit during Mardi Gras even though it's not Msrdi Gras. Explain that to me.
Looks like the term "Mardi Gras" is used in the headline of the fine local NOLA paper and internet site...Hey a few beads and beg-nets and the kid is set

http://www.nola.com/mardigras/index.ssf ... aj-story-2
greenphantom
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
I am not a "random dude" and I know my head is attached to my neck and not stuck up my, or anyone's else's azz... I stand by my opinion/post regarding Shorts' visit ... As far as "gospel" you need to turn to Jimmy Swaggart and his followers on Airline Blvd/Hwy.. or Joel Olsteen and the Lakewood Church crowd in Houston for your direction. FYI... Lakewood church is in the building, that at one time was named "The Summit" and later the "Compaq Center" where the Houston Rockets and Tulane alum Phil Hicks once played
LOL. Actually I wasn't even referring to you as I think it was a different poster who started that. You were just part of the flock that ran with it. It's certainly possible he used Tulane but to act like it's a fact just because he has family in Nola and he didnt flip is a reach. It's not like he got flown in and only had to sit through a 30 minute speech by Tulane coaches and then got to run off with his family and friends for a free weekend. He would have been on campus or with his Tulane hosts the whole visit.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

greenphantom wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
LOL. Actually I wasn't even referring to you as I think it was a different poster who started that. You were just part of the flock that ran with it. It's certainly possible he used Tulane but to act like it's a fact just because he has family in Nola and he didnt flip is a reach. It's not like he got flown in and only had to sit through a 30 minute speech by Tulane coaches and then got to run off with his family and friends for a free weekend. He would have been on campus or with his Tulane hosts the whole visit.
I never posted it as "fact"...I posted it as my opinion....
greenphantom
Swell

Hopefully he enjoys himself today at The Little Rascals parade.
TU23
High Tide

Brown committed so I guess you are renewing your season tickets Golfnut.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

TU23 wrote:Brown committed so I guess you are renewing your season tickets Golfnut.
I posted "signed" not "committed".... I find it interesting prior to his visit he stated he would not make a college announcement until "signing day"...so I have my doubts he will be on campus at Tulane
greenphantom
Swell

Great pickup. All the negative people who said the coaches wasted their time going after him can eat my (Quan) Shorts
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote:Great pickup. All the negative people who said the coaches wasted their time going after him can eat my (Quan) Shorts
+1
You can't get them without trying.
Tulane Class of 1981