Rich Rodriguez

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

lurker123 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:The good old days when our pool of candidates has us choose Shaughnessy over Rockne.
If I remember correctly we passes on one Bo Schembeckler
You guys can't even shelf the "Woe is us pity party" on a Sunday morning. Shaughnessy is in the Hall of Fame.
You need to work on your reading comprehension. I was pointing out how good things were back when Tulane desired to be a top flight program. We actually had future HOF's fighting for the job.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
lurker123
Swell

winwave wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:The good old days when our pool of candidates has us choose Shaughnessy over Rockne.
You guys can't even shelf the "Woe is us pity party" on a Sunday morning. Shaughnessy is in the Hall of Fame.
You need to work on your reading comprehension. I was pointing out how good things were back when Tulane desired to be a top flight program. We actually had future HOF's fighting for the job.
Thanks for the advice. I'll keep working on it. Glad for the clarification which still means in short, "Look how attractive the Tulane HC job was. Look how unattractive it is now." I'll stick with my original interpretation.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

lurker123 wrote:
winwave wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I'll keep working on it. Glad for the clarification which still means in short, "Look how attractive the Tulane HC job was. Look how unattractive it is now." I'll stick with my original interpretation.
LOL. Figured. Haters gonna hate.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

lurker123 wrote:
winwave wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Your original interpretation is to hate the messenger. If you were to channel that towards the problem, the lying administration which does not intend to compete or be successful, we might be able to fix things. It's not conjecture that good football coaches have been unwilling to work for this regime.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

jonathanjoseph wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
winwave wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Your original interpretation is to hate the messenger. If you were to channel that towards the problem, the lying administration which does not intend to compete or be successful, we might be able to fix things. It's not conjecture that good football coaches have been unwilling to work for this regime.
Exactly. Unfortunately we have too many of our fans who choose to hate fellow fans than to actually call out the administration for their many failings. Thus they are a huge part of the problem.
Dupergreenie
Surge

This is a pretty straight up question.

What would our record be this year with the current roster with Rich Rod as coach?
ajcalhoun
Swell

God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I watched Rod's Arz team pull a big upset late last night against #10 Utah in Double OT 37-30. They had two QB's out one that went down with concussion during the game and ended up winning with their 3rd string Sr who hardly played during his career.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wavetime
Swell

I think we'd have 1 or 2 losses to either Temple, Memphis, Houston or Navy. We'd be on the verge of being ranked and in the thick of the championship conversation. We'd also have about 15 commits with 3 stars and a few sprinkled in 4 stars.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

If Richie leaves Arizona, the word is he will end up in Blacksburg, VA
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Eaglewave
Swell

Leave Rich Rod in Arizona.
Ball Sumrall!
sader24
Tsunami

7-3. Losses to GT, Memphis, Temple.
Eaglewave
Swell

Rich will never coach at Tulane. We had our chance and lost it. Move on folks!
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dreams are all we have.
sader24
Tsunami

Gotta talk about something on here other than the obvious.
JTLiuzza
Swell

Eaglewave wrote:Rich will never coach at Tulane. We had our chance and lost it. Move on folks!
We never had a chance at all. Cowen's Tulane was just useful for him in his negotiations with non laughing stock football programs. I don't blame him. Cowen and Tulane in general deserved it. When you conduct your business like an arsehole you deserve to be treated like one. RR had the last laugh. Good for him.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
IM42lane
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: If Richie leaves Arizona, the word is he will end up in Blacksburg, VA
That would be a great move for RR. The Hokie fans will love his offensive scheme. To those Green Wavers who think that RR would think of coming back here, I mean, please, MOVE ON from that. It will not happen.

Good luck to Frank Beamer as he moves into retirement. He will definitely leave VT in much better shape than he found it.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Hornetswave
Low Tide

The Saints want to fire Coach Ryan, thats the person the Wave should be talking to. Lets talk to Coach Ryan, he loves New Orleans and he and his family are settled in> lets get Coach Ryan.
ExileWave
Surge

Hornetswave wrote:The Saints want to fire Coach Ryan, thats the person the Wave should be talking to. Lets talk to Coach Ryan, he loves New Orleans and he and his family are settled in> lets get Coach Ryan.
And you are smoking WHAT?
IM42lane
Swell

ExileWave wrote:
Hornetswave wrote: The Saints want to fire Coach Ryan, thats the person the Wave should be talking to. Lets talk to Coach Ryan, he loves New Orleans and he and his family are settled in> lets get Coach Ryan.
And you are smoking WHAT?
Maybe he was being sarcastic. Anyway, I am with you. Why would we want that long-haired couyon around here?

Get a HAIRCUT, Ryan!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I think the following will be on the College Sidelines next season... Chip Kelley.... Greg Schiano...Mike Bellotti....Pete Carroll..Butch Davis ..Pellini Bros..and I would not be surprised to see Tommy Bowden make a command performance...but, not at Tulane "Superior Institution" University
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
McWave
High Tide

Wow 0-6 in the Pac10 just got blown out by Washington state.
Show Me
Tsunami

McWave wrote:Wow 0-6 in the Pac10 just got blown out by Washington state.
I'll take him!!!!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Yep. Maybe both sides will finally realize they are a match made in heaven. This is where he can recruit the players to fit his system. Even the low level skill position players here are good enough to succeed. He'd have to sit a season and then Tulane would need donors willing to pony up . One can dream. :mrgreen:
Wave755
Tsunami

McWave wrote:Wow 0-6 in the Pac10 just got blown out by Washington state.
Yep, Washington St. 69, Arizona 7, that's a blowout.