VB signs '16 NY Gatorade POY

Talk about the latest recruits here.
lurker123
Swell

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2017/12 ... class.aspx

http://www.lohud.com/story/sports/high- ... /96670054/

January enrollee.

Gatorade doesn't announce '17 award for a few weeks so we'll see if she repeats.

She apparently played some basketball in HS but I guess that's over with.

Welcome, Yvette!

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

good ole Gatorade...did ya know that the University of Florida's Athletic Dept receives close to 15 million per year for the Formula and Naming Rights to "Gatorade'....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
localvb
High Tide

Looks like she won the state championship this season going undefeated so will likely be 2x GPOY.
A big 6-3 hitter who will likely be a big part of the future of the Program.
lurker123
Swell

localvb wrote:Looks like she won the state championship this season going undefeated so will likely be 2x GPOY.
A big 6-3 hitter who will likely be a big part of the future of the Program.
After the LSU game today, too bad she gave up basketball. :(

LVB, She has a Romanian surname. Was she born in the Balkans? Is this another small example of Tulane's expanded international recruiting? (Sort of for her. With the number of NY students at Tulane she'll probably already know half of the incoming frosh class from her Homecoming Dance. :mrgreen: )
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:good ole Gatorade...did ya know that the University of Florida's Athletic Dept receives close to 15 million per year for the Formula and Naming Rights to "Gatorade'....
I'm surprised that patent didn't expire 20-30 years ago! Naming rights wouldn't surprise me, but I thought Patents had a limited shelf life. Certainly some Tulane Law Alum, with our amazing bar pass rate, can help us out here.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
lurker123
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:good ole Gatorade...did ya know that the University of Florida's Athletic Dept receives close to 15 million per year for the Formula and Naming Rights to "Gatorade'....
I'm surprised that patent didn't expire 20-30 years ago! Naming rights wouldn't surprise me, but I thought Patents had a limited shelf life. Certainly some Tulane Law Alum, with our amazing bar pass rate, can help us out here.
patents are limited. Trademarks are forever (as long as they are being used/protected.) I suspect all intellectual property is being protected by UF here.