Another QB commit.....

Talk about the latest recruits here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:This is exactly what I was trying to point out.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/tren ... iarynavbar
Part of the decline of left handed QB’s, Christensen is convinced, can be traced to wide receivers, the particular playmakers who like passes to settle into their hands with few complications. Yet lefty quarterbacks deliver a ball that spins differently than most receivers are accustomed to seeing.

Suddenly, rapport becomes harder to build.

"I truly believe the receivers drove the train in this whole deal," Christensen theorizes. "At the top, big-money receivers got more of a voice. And it filtered down to college, then down to high school and down below that."
when was this crap written...most of these high paid receivers, who factor into about 5 plays a game on average, wear gloves so as not to bruise their lotion soft hands and could not tell you a spin/rotation from a knuckle ball...and if they are that high paid, they should be able to catch what is thrown ..at this rate, these dumb asses could not catch a pair of beads during mardi gras

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ar ... g-extinct/
Part of the decline of left handed QB’s, Christensen is convinced, can be traced to wide receivers, the particular playmakers who like passes to settle into their hands with few complications. Yet lefty quarterbacks deliver a ball that spins differently than most receivers are accustomed to seeing.

"I truly believe the receivers drove the train in this whole deal," Christensen theorizes. "At the top, big-money receivers got more of a voice. And it filtered down to college, then down to high school and down below that."
Typically, when a right-handed quarterback throws the ball, the ball spins right to left,” Carter said. “Anytime I am running a route to my left, the ball will be spinning in toward me. When I am running to the right, the ball is spinning away from me. That might not sound like much, but when you get every step of your routes down to the inch, like [we] perfectionists do, it makes an extreme difference.”

Joked Wayne, “I am definitely not complaining I didn’t play with many lefties, trust me. Not only does the ball turn differently, but it affects the deep ball. [A right-handed QB], his pass turns inside; a lefty, it turns the other way. That’s a lot harder of a catch, especially for guys who are not as used to seeing that.”
sounds like 'Paralyzation' thur "Over Analyzation" ... I think I read the above in the monthly "Ready Excuse" Mag.. this sounds like a quote from the movie "Full Metal Jacket'...when speaking to a helicopter waist/door gunner, he is asked, "how do you kill, women and children"..he answers ' I just don't lead them as much"...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ar ... g-extinct/

Typically, when a right-handed quarterback throws the ball, the ball spins right to left,” Carter said. “Anytime I am running a route to my left, the ball will be spinning in toward me. When I am running to the right, the ball is spinning away from me. That might not sound like much, but when you get every step of your routes down to the inch, like [we] perfectionists do, it makes an extreme difference.”

Joked Wayne, “I am definitely not complaining I didn’t play with many lefties, trust me. Not only does the ball turn differently, but it affects the deep ball. [A right-handed QB], his pass turns inside; a lefty, it turns the other way. That’s a lot harder of a catch, especially for guys who are not as used to seeing that.”
so just run routes that go to the left...what are the big issues ?
RobertM320
Green Wave

Patrick Shegog just decommitted. I have to believe it was because of Daniels committing.
https://twitter.com/PShegog7_/status/930913322609926145
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:Patrick Shegog just decommitted. I have to believe it was because of Daniels committing.
https://twitter.com/PShegog7_/status/930913322609926145
Those damn Left Handers !!!!
RobertM320
Green Wave

I'm surprised no one posted this already, but this is Christian Daniels' Hudl page with some videos. Looks like he's comfortable rolling out to either side. More passing than running in the videos, which should make some posters here happy.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6320590/christian-daniels
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

According to 24/7 sports, Christian Daniels is rated WAY higher than Shegog, whom de-committed. Lindsey Scott is still on our radar, but he hasn't committed, although his other D1 offers at this point are New Mexico State and UTSA. He has interest in Oregon, Indiana and Missouri, but no offers from them. 24/7 also lists Scot as a Pro-style QB.

There is no doubt that the offense Fritz runs, coupled with the lack of success he's had at this level, is making it tough to recruit. I don't think the roof is falling, but we need to win games to attract recruits, and it's unlikely we're going to win another game this season. I really thought we'd find a way to 6 wins this season, but it looks like I was wrong.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I knew I saw someone tweet to him about going "back to the boot". I think the guy who tweeted him was a Grambling player.

Couple of really good quotes from the article:
He will arrive with impressive credentials, having completed 131 of 211 passes for 1,819 yards and 20 touchdowns, while running 112 times for 846 yards and 12 scores through 12 games. Western Alamance is 12-0 and has outscored opponents 582-83 entering its second-round game in the state playoffs.
Daniels also finished fifth in the 100 meters at the North Carolina state track and field championships last year.

“I’m one of the fastest kids in the state,” he said. “I can make things happen with my legs, and that’s a great help for me escaping the pocket. I like running the football, and I know they (Tulane’s coaches) like for the quarterback to be able to run.”
“I really loved the campus and the school and all of the coaching staff,” he said. “Their offense has a lot of RPOs (run-pass options), and that’s similar to what I do now, so I can just integrate myself into the offense a lot easier.”
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

After watching his HUDL film, I was more impressed with his speed than his arm. Yes, he makes a lot of throws, but it's mostly to ridiculously wide open receivers. 3A football is good, not great in NC. But Fritz obviously likes what he sees, and I'll trust his judgement over my take from 3 or 4 minutes of film.

Does anyone think Glen Cuillette is coming back for a 5th year?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Like the size and speed. Arm looks serviceable. There are a couple of questions .One is the competition he faced which appeared to have a lot of pretty small unathletic types. The second is his comment about his reads. He acknowledges he's taking a step up and so he has to address it but he's taking a huge step up. Hopefully this staff can help him overcome that.
Last edited by winwave on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
ccap05
Surge

tpstulane wrote:
billow wrote:Seems I can remember a left-handed QB at Tulane a half century ago who did a pretty good job running Tulane’s offense.
Bobby D!
Those helmets are the greatest. I would seriously like to see those again.

Roll Wave
Jaxwave
Swell

Looks like a LH clone of Banks with slightly better speed and slightly weaker arm. Most of the throws in the video were long high lobs.