Another QB commit.....

Talk about the latest recruits here.
JerseyWave
Riptide

A three star duel threat QB out of North Carolina has been Roll Waved by Coach Fritz.

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:A three star duel threat QB out of North Carolina has been Roll Waved by Coach Fritz.
https://twitter.com/cmd__16/status/930615070299652096
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

Looks like a good pickup!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Left handed QB going by that picture.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Was he recruited by "The U" or Miami University (Ohio)?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Aberzombie1892
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Left handed QB going by that picture.
Yep - he's left handed. Interestingly enough, if he does not work out at QB, he has experience at safety.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/sports/2017 ... solidified

It's almost certain that his left handedness played a role in him being over looked by some bigger programs, but he should be solid for Tulane.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Yep - he's left handed. Interestingly enough, if he does not work out at QB, he has experience at safety.

It's almost certain that his left handedness played a role in him being over looked by some bigger programs, but he should be solid for Tulane.
Thanks. I agree. A lefty running our offense may get confusing for all involved.
Tulane Class of 1981
billow
High Tide

Seems I can remember a left-handed QB at Tulane a half century ago who did a pretty good job running Tulane’s offense.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

billow wrote:Seems I can remember a left-handed QB at Tulane a half century ago who did a pretty good job running Tulane’s offense.
Bobby D!
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

billow wrote:Seems I can remember a left-handed QB at Tulane a half century ago who did a pretty good job running Tulane’s offense.
That's my very earliest memories of listening to the radio and following Tulane. Bobby Duhon, Warren Bankston and Virgil Vaughn (not sure why this one) are the three names that have always stuck with me since I was a little kid.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Pepper
Swell

DfromCT wrote:Was he recruited by "The U" or Miami University (Ohio)?

Miami of Ohio.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:

Thanks. I agree. A lefty running our offense may get confusing for all involved.
why is a left handed QB more confusing.... ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
On passing the ball has an opposite spin and rotation. Rushing he’d probably favor a left pitch.
I would think the offense would shift to favor a lefty pitching and passing. Meaning instead of mostly running the option right they’d probably want to run more left side etc.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
On passing the ball has an opposite spin and rotation. Rushing he’d probably favor a left pitch.
I would think the offense would shift to favor a lefty pitching and passing. Meaning instead of mostly running the option right they’d probably want to run more left side etc.
what a bunch of BS, sounds like my old High school Coach Bob Whitman !!!...any QB with any type of "Option Coaching" learns to pitch the ball with either hand !!!...I don't buy the passing spin bull krap either....you have all summer, spring and fall practice to catch the damn ball !!!
MicMan
Swell

When I applied to TU in the Eighties I had an alum interview with Bobby Duhon. Who knew I'd earn my degree before him!
anEngineer
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
what a bunch of BS, sounds like my old High school Coach Bob Whitman !!!...any QB with any type of "Option Coaching" learns to pitch the ball with either hand !!!...I don't buy the passing spin bull krap either....you have all summer, spring and fall practice to catch the damn ball !!!
Of course it makes a difference. It's not that big a deal if the QB is your starter from camp through the season but if you are changing back and forth, it matters. Roll out passing options are certainly going to be geared more toward the throwing arm side. It also matters with regard to which side is the QB blind side. Maybe your old high school coach is smarter than you think.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Of course it makes a difference. It's not that big a deal if the QB is your starter from camp through the season but if you are changing back and forth, it matters. Roll out passing options are certainly going to be geared more toward the throwing arm side. It also matters with regard to which side is the QB blind side. Maybe your old high school coach is smarter than you think.
my old high school Coach was not that smart...with a Spread Read Option, there is no "blind side", you effectively throw on "the run'...secondly when running the option to the right, the pitch hand is the right hand, keeping the football "protected" with the left side of your body, the opposite is true when running/optioning to the left side...all of this krap of being left handed is a bunch of old wives tale BS, that Coaches actually believe, and they need to be fired ! "The Blindside" was a nice movie title, but any lineman worth a krap should be able to pass protect, and if not, fire them
Pepper
Swell

You run behind your best lineman regardless of which hand he is.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote:You run behind your best lineman regardless of which hand he is.
Pepper...what happens if all of the LINEMAN are LEFT HANDED ?!?!?!... I agree with your point
Pepper
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
Pepper...what happens if all of the LINEMAN are LEFT HANDED ?!?!?!... I agree with your point
LMAO! Especially since I am a southpaw.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
LMAO! Especially since I am a southpaw.
I write left handed, throw a football left handed, throw a baseball with either hand, shoot a basketball with my right hand being dominate and play golf right handed...
swampnik
Surge

tpstulane wrote:
Bobby D!
Mais oui, Duhon was the greatest cher! My Grandmother would mail me the Times-Picayune clippings of Greenie games during the era of Duhon when I lived in Shreveport.
I think a couple of years Bobby had more rushing yards than Bankston also.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I was a ball boy for the Saints off and on as a kid. I did a season when Bobby Douglass was playing (lefty) QB. FYI Douglass could throw a football over 90 yards. All of the receivers had to get used to the way the ball came off of his hand. The ball would tail off opposite of what Archie threw. His handoffs were given left handed and so that needed adjusting for the RB’s. Just saying. I guess if you stay with a lefty all the time it can work out like Duhon. But if not it can be confusing to WR’s and RB’s.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:I was a ball boy for the Saints off and on as a kid. I did a season when Bobby Douglass was playing (lefty) QB. All of the receivers hated the way the ball came off of his hand. The ball would tail off opposite of what Archie threw. His handoffs were given left handed and so that needed adjusting for the RB’s. Just saying. I guess if you stay with a lefty all the time it can work out like Duhon. But if not it can be confusing to WR’s and RB’s.
Bobby Douglas, the only issue are the handoffs, if the play is to the left, you use the right hand and vice versa, if he was only using one had for plays to left and right, he had terrible coaching from grade school thru the NFL..hell, I learned that basic at Metry playground..LMAO about the receivers, they were terrible and looking for an excuse ....
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

This is exactly what I was trying to point out.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ar ... g-extinct/
Part of the decline of left handed QB’s, Christensen is convinced, can be traced to wide receivers, the particular playmakers who like passes to settle into their hands with few complications. Yet lefty quarterbacks deliver a ball that spins differently than most receivers are accustomed to seeing.

Suddenly, rapport becomes harder to build.

"I truly believe the receivers drove the train in this whole deal," Christensen theorizes. "At the top, big-money receivers got more of a voice. And it filtered down to college, then down to high school and down below that."
Typically, when a right-handed quarterback throws the ball, the ball spins right to left,” Carter said. “Anytime I am running a route to my left, the ball will be spinning in toward me. When I am running to the right, the ball is spinning away from me. That might not sound like much, but when you get every step of your routes down to the inch, like [we] perfectionists do, it makes an extreme difference.”

Joked Wayne, “I am definitely not complaining I didn’t play with many lefties, trust me. Not only does the ball turn differently, but it affects the deep ball. [A right-handed QB], his pass turns inside; a lefty, it turns the other way. That’s a lot harder of a catch, especially for guys who are not as used to seeing that.”
Tulane Class of 1981