Committ Number ??...Macon Clark

Talk about the latest recruits here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

not sure how many commits we have now...but this young man may be the latest and greatest;...Mod's feel free to delete or merge if this is already posted

https://twitter.com/macc11__/status/926253547884351490
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aberzombie1892
Swell

RobertM320
Green Wave

Even though I live in Destrehan, I don't know anything about him. Maybe chain gang does.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
posse
High Tide

Rivals has us with 15 commits. 7-3 stars, 5-2 stars, and 3 unranked....Clark is rated as a 2 star....We are ranked 81 Nationally.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Macon Clark is 6'1", 185 lbs, and plays OLB (usually rushing on the edge). He's a bit small for an OLB, so he will definitely need to add some weight on his frame. He looks lanky, and does look like his frame can support some added weight.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5294530/macon-clark
(His Hudl shows he has a good motor and quick first step. I haven't seen many pass rushing moves from him and the highlights don't really show how well he gets off blocks)

He's NR on 24/7

I can't find his scout rating. Safe to assume NR

I can't find his espn rating. Safe to assume NR.

I can't find his rivals rating either.

He has offers from Texas State, Nicholls, ULL, and Troy.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:Macon Clark is 6'1", 185 lbs, and plays OLB (usually rushing on the edge). He's a bit small for an OLB, so he will definitely need to add some weight on his frame. He looks lanky, and does look like his frame can support some added weight.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5294530/macon-clark
(His Hudl shows he has a good motor and quick first step. I haven't seen many pass rushing moves from him and the highlights don't really show how well he gets off blocks)

He's NR on 24/7

I can't find his scout rating. Safe to assume NR

I can't find his espn rating. Safe to assume NR.

I can't find his rivals rating either.

He has offers from Texas State, Nicholls, ULL, and Troy.
24/7 has him rated 2 stars, .7887. They also list him as a safety, which is where he's playing in most of his highlight reel on the 24/7 site (follow link from Aberzombie's post above.)
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He's going to be a safety here as per Guerry Smith.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote:
24/7 has him rated 2 stars, .7887. They also list him as a safety, which is where he's playing in most of his highlight reel on the 24/7 site (follow link from Aberzombie's post above.)
To put that .7887 in perspective,

Corey Dublin was a .7776
Cameron Sample .7824
Chase Kuerschen . 7891
Stephon Huderson .7827
Darnell Mooney .7882
Rod Teamer .7631
Sean Wilson .7891
Terren Encalade .7716
Luke Jackson .7861
Nico Marley .7854
Jarrod Franklin .7817

I think a lot of players ratings are negatively affected by his physical stature - he's too short, too light, etc. Its more important to be able to recruit PLAYERS than it is to find the best physical specimen. And Fritz seems to do a good job of that.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
dz1
Ripple

I’ve seen Macon play several times over the past three years. Other than kick returning abilities he reminds me of a taller version of Tyrann Mathieu. He has a nose for the ball with the ability to create turnovers from strips, hits and interceptions. He can cover in man and has exceptional timing when blitzing on passing plays. He rarely misses a tackle. I see him being used as a rover/safety at the next level.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He does look good there. Welcome aboard.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
chain gang x man
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
Even though I live in Destrehan, I don't know anything about him. Maybe chain gang does.
He is not a stand out DB
Lately he has performed on special teams blocking 2 punts and returning them for touchdowns
I'll keep and eye on him in the playoffs