Talk about the latest recruits here.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Simi Bakare
Positions: RB
Height & Weight: 6'0" 199lbs
40 Yard Dash: 4.4
Class of: 2018

https://twitter.com/simirollin/status/9 ... 2653083650 http://www.hudl.com/profile/5275584/simi-bakare
Last edited by RobertM320 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
posse
High Tide

Wouldn't he be # 15 ? Rivals list 14 without him. Did we lose someone else?
RobertM320
Green Wave

Joshua Quiett decommited a few days ago.
Last edited by RobertM320 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
ajcalhoun
Swell

Good to see we can still beat out Stephen F. Austin and Texas A&M Commerce for recruits.
God Bless Everyone!
posse
High Tide

RobertM320 wrote:Joshua Quiett decommited a few days ago.
Quiett is not listed on rivals, and we still have 14. Bakare would be 15 ?

Name Pos Stars

Amare Jones ATH
Davon Wright DT
Jamal Anderson DB
Jason Swann OL
Juan Monjarres DE
Nik Hogan OL
Tyrick James TE
Carlos Hatcher DE
Jamiran James DT
Michael Remondet OL
Stephen Lewerenz OL
Cameron Carroll RB
Charlie Ryan DE
Patrick Shegog ATH
RobertM320
Green Wave

Not sure. I'll have to check Fear The Wave's Fritzmas list. I know 247 hasn't ever listed Michael Remondet.
Last edited by RobertM320 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobertM320
Green Wave

It is 15.
https://twitter.com/Guersmith/status/923265771819687937
RobertM320
Green Wave

ajcalhoun wrote:Good to see we can still beat out Stephen F. Austin and Texas A&M Commerce for recruits.
I notice you only raise your snide comments when the players other offers fit your narrative. Why no comment from you when we Jason Swann committed? Maybe because he had offers from Mississippi State, Syracuse, NC State, Cincinnati and ECU? He didn't fit your agenda, so you just didn't say anything.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote:Good to see we can still beat out Stephen F. Austin and Texas A&M Commerce for recruits.
His team is 7-1.... I wonder how many BIG name schools Tulane beat out for Forte and Darkwa among others....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ajcalhoun
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
I notice you only raise your snide comments when the players other offers fit your narrative. Why no comment from you when we Jason Swann committed? Maybe because he had offers from Mississippi State, Syracuse, NC State, Cincinnati and ECU? He didn't fit your agenda, so you just didn't say anything.
You're right, I apologize. My snark was unwarranted.
God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:
His team is 7-1.... I wonder how many BIG name schools Tulane beat out for Forte and Darkwa among others....
As I recall, Forte was being heavily recruited by the SEC schools, including the one in Red Stick. But they all were recruiting him as an athlete, and wanted him to play db. Mewelde Moore was a similar recruit. We were the only one or one of the only ones to offer both as RB. Moore's first carry at Tulane he went about 40 yards after blowing up two or three tacklers behind and at the line of scrimmage. According to a story I was told, Scelfo said to the OC through the headphones "we need to feed this guy the ball" right then, way before the "feed me" became popular. My favorite Forte memories were of him running into a rugby-like scrum and pushing it forward ten yards, then emerging on the other side and running wild. This especially sticks out in a memory of a game against SMU.

I may be wrong, but that's what my admittedly old and decrepit mind remembers.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
As I recall, Forte was being heavily recruited by the SEC schools, including the one in Red Stick. But they all were recruiting him as an athlete, and wanted him to play db. Mewelde Moore was a similar recruit. We were the only one or one of the only ones to offer both as RB. Moore's first carry at Tulane he went about 40 yards after blowing up two or three tacklers behind and at the line of scrimmage. According to a story I was told, Scelfo said to the OC through the headphones "we need to feed this guy the ball" right then, way before the "feed me" became popular. My favorite Forte memories were of him running into a rugby-like scrum and pushing it forward ten yards, then emerging on the other side and running wild. This especially sticks out in a memory of a game against SMU.

I may be incorrect but Forte only had offers from Sun Belt / Southland Conference Schools...Mewelde had an "walk on" offer at LSU....nothing else..but i may be incorrect will gladly take others input and knowledge on the subject
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

I may be incorrect but Forte only had offers from Sun Belt / Southland Conference Schools...Mewelde had an "walk on" offer at LSU....nothing else..but i may be incorrect will gladly take others input and knowledge on the subject
You were closer to the program at that time than I was, Woody, but my recollection was from what I read at Nola.com and other sites after both were established players. I seem to recall a conversation about Forte's recruitment with Wayne P. at a pregame tailgate, but again, my memories are not always accurate! Others, including you, may have better inside information.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

Forte only had offers from Tulane and McNeese St. That's it.

http://blog.nola.com/tulanebeat/2007/10 ... force.html

Moore was about to go to SMU, but got the Tulane offer on signing day.

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2002/8/ ... _Rush.aspx
GreenLantern
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:..but i may be incorrect will gladly take others input and knowledge on the subject
This sort of courtesy and civility has no place in gotula.net. This forum is designed for posters who know everything and have disdain for those who do not.
lurker123
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:..but i may be incorrect will gladly take others input and knowledge on the subject
This sort of courtesy and civility has no place in gotula.net. This forum is designed for posters who know everything and have disdain for those who do not.
HOF post. Thanks.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

lurker123 wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:
HOF post. Thanks.
Damn... I use to know it all...but then I stopped drinking...now, I am like Sgt Schultz, "I know nothing"......
glennc
Low Tide

Enough with the civility card. bottom line. We got a commitment from a RB that nobody else wants
RobertM320
Green Wave

glennc wrote:Enough with the civility card. bottom line. We got a commitment from a RB that nobody else wants
And no one else wanted Matt Forte either.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Been busy at work so I haven't been able to dig for you guys, but here it is.

Simi Bakare:

Here's his hudl tape: http://www.hudl.com/profile/5275584/simi-bakare
(From a quick glance at his tape: fluid runner and makes some very deceptive jukes/very sharp cuts, good balance. It says he has an elite 40 yard dash speed, but I didn't see that top end speed to pull away from defenders. Sometime missing from his tape is also his ability to pick up blocks and pass catching.)

24/7 rating: NR https://247sports.com/Player/Simi-Bakare-46037876

Scout rating: couldn't find his profile, probably NR

ESPN rating: couldn't find his profile, probably NR

Rivals rating: couldn't find his profile, probably NR.

Previous people have posted his offers. We are going to be set on RBs even though LaFrance de-committed. Roll DAMN wave!
RobertM320
Green Wave

I know some of this was mentioned in the recruiting thread but theres more in this article. Making an official visit to Missouri soon. In this article it talks about how the new football coach changed the philosophy. Sounds like they run something very similar to Fritz' offense.
But when Robinson was promoted from defensive coordinator to head coach after Bell left for a job at Baylor, he brought a different philosophy to the Raiders’ attack. He would run the ball from the spread formation. A lot.
He's fast and he's put up some good numbers.
Bakare, a 6-foot, 205-pounder, has been a big reason for the sixth-year program’s success, gaining 1,714 yards on 181 carries as part of a ground-based offense that averages 45.5 points a game. He’s also set a school record for touchdowns in a season with 29.
http://www.mystatesman.com/sports/high- ... On41KiPiI/
Pepper
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
glennc wrote:Enough with the civility card. bottom line. We got a commitment from a RB that nobody else wants
And no one else wanted Matt Forte either.

I'm no recruiting expert but the kid from Lakeshore, Chris Penton has completed 176-of-260 passes (68%) for 3,360 yards and 40 touchdowns with just five interceptions. He has rushed 81 times for 318 yards and seven touchdowns. And he's not on anyone's radar.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
green4life
Low Tide

Fan since 1965 and was at the 14-0 Victory over LSU. It can be done.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

here are the factors in favor of signing with Tulane
1.. Tulane actually put's RB's in the NFL
2.. Tulane plays games inside the State of Texas, so it is easy travel for your Family..try flying into Columbia ( the city not the country)
3.. A Degree in Business from Tulane, or Mizzou...which is more impressive
4.. But in the Big Picture, if you chose to play at Mizzou, all the best, but RB is the least of my concerns