Early Signing Period 2018

Talk about the latest recruits here.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
So we're giving out scholarship offers three years from now? He's class of 2021. Who knows where we'll be by then?
I would think that given he's the number one recruit in the state for the 2021 class, we'll probably still want him.
Yeah recruiting is starting earlier and earlier and only elite programs can wait to the last moment to offer.
Yes, whomever is coaching the team in 2021 will probably want him, IF he remains healthy.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
chain gang x man
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:37 am
RobertM320 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
So we're giving out scholarship offers three years from now? He's class of 2021. Who knows where we'll be by then?
I would think that given he's the number one recruit in the state for the 2021 class, we'll probably still want him.
Yeah recruiting is starting earlier and earlier and only elite programs can wait to the last moment to offer.
The NCAA has changed the rules now where recruits can only be offered after their sophomore year and can’t make official visits before September 1 of their junior year
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Logan Stevens mentioned. Too bad Beloso flipped to LSU he’s the real deal.
https://crescentcitysports.com/lsu-sign ... over-byrd/
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
chain gang x man
Swell

Here’s a kid that flew under the radar since we have no transparency from the baseball office when it comes to recruiting
Sean Chandler
Iowa Western

Iowa Western took all three first-team pitcher selections. Sean Chandler doubled as a pitcher and was voted 2018 ICCAC Division I Baseball Player of the Year. The red-shirt sophomore from Bellevue, Neb. tossed 60 total innings this season appearing 12 times, 11 of them starts.

In those 60 innings, Chandler mowed down 102 hitters and allowed just seven earned runs, giving him an ERA of 1.05. In his most recent performance in the Region XI Championship, Chandler struck out 14 batters in 8 innings of work allowing just two hits against Indian Hills.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

chain gang x man wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:55 pm Here’s a kid that flew under the radar since we have no transparency from the baseball office when it comes to recruiting
Sean Chandler
Iowa Western

Iowa Western took all three first-team pitcher selections. Sean Chandler doubled as a pitcher and was voted 2018 ICCAC Division I Baseball Player of the Year. The red-shirt sophomore from Bellevue, Neb. tossed 60 total innings this season appearing 12 times, 11 of them starts.

In those 60 innings, Chandler mowed down 102 hitters and allowed just seven earned runs, giving him an ERA of 1.05. In his most recent performance in the Region XI Championship, Chandler struck out 14 batters in 8 innings of work allowing just two hits against Indian Hills.
I don't think he flew under the radar. Notwithstanding what he has done, or the fact that he's 6'5" and 200lbs, he wasn't qualified to play for Tulane----he wears his pants down around his ankles.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
chain gang x man
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 3:23 pm
chain gang x man wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:55 pm Here’s a kid that flew under the radar since we have no transparency from the baseball office when it comes to recruiting
Sean Chandler
Iowa Western

I don't think he flew under the radar. Notwithstanding what he has done, or the fact that he's 6'5" and 200lbs, he wasn't qualified to play for Tulane----he wears his pants down around his ankles.
He was drafted in the 32nd round of the MLB draft out of HS
Bypassed signing and went to (Tanner Lee U) Nebraska
As a freshman he only pitched 9 innings. Stats 9 K 17 BB
Did not play his sophomore year
Transferred to Iowa Western this year. Stats 60 innings 102 K
Maybe it’s coaching