Basketball Recruiting -- 2018

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Ruski
Surge
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:21 am

First commitment of the class. Moses Wood is a 6'8" Combo/SF out of Reno. He's ranked 3 star by ESPN and 247. He also has offers from Hofstra and LaSalle. His Dad played in the NBA. I would have to believe this was a Doug Stewart recruit.


User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6421
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:51 pm

Just got this commit... Connor Crabtree


Senior Highlights here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klyBwB0 ... e=youtu.be

"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
User avatar
Bigschtick
Swell
Posts: 2284
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Southern California
Status: Offline

Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:23 pm

Good pickups!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2772
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:41 pm

Need to sprinkle some four stars in there at some point.
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:43 am

Show Me wrote:Need to sprinkle some four stars in there at some point.
...and players who can shoot the rock like there’s No tomorrow.
Last edited by Houma de Wave on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7589
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:27 am

Houma de Wave wrote:
Show Me wrote:Need to sprinkle some four stars in there at some point.
...and players who can shoot the rock like thete’s No tomorrow.
where da hell is Pierre Gaudin when U need him ?!?!?!?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17663
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:31 am

golfnut69 wrote:
Houma de Wave wrote:
Show Me wrote:Need to sprinkle some four stars in there at some point.
...and players who can shoot the rock like thete’s No tomorrow.
where da hell is Pierre Gaudin when U need him ?!?!?!?
In da stands drinking a few cold ones!!!
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7589
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:03 am

tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Houma de Wave wrote:
Show Me wrote:Need to sprinkle some four stars in there at some point.
...and players who can shoot the rock like thete’s No tomorrow.
where da hell is Pierre Gaudin when U need him ?!?!?!?
In da stands drinking a few cold ones!!!
after watching this team, it may be more than "a few"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
green4life
Ripple
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:47 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:22 pm

So, watching him in High School was pretty cool, we had a pretty good run...Pierre Gaudin then Jordy Hultberg and then Darryl Moreau. some good players on St Charles.
Fan since 1965 and was at the 14-0 Victory over LSU. It can be done.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17663
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:35 pm

green4life wrote:So, watching him in High School was pretty cool, we had a pretty good run...Pierre Gaudin then Jordy Hultberg and then Darryl Moreau. some good players on St Charles.
Don’t forget Johnny Arthurs DLS but 1960’s.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12008
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:38 pm

Johnny also still attends all the games all these years later.
Find A Way!
Ruski
Surge
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:30 am

Saw this tweet from Crabtree's Prep School teammate:

Trey McGowens is a solid 4 star, rated .9586 on 247. He's got 10/15 impressive offers from perennial tourny teams. Getting Crabtree to then get McGowens would be a master stroke for Dunleavy.

Also noticed that Crabtree committed to UNC Ashville last year before receiving a release to attend the Virginia military prep school he's at, wonder what happened there.
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6005
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:08 pm

Ruski wrote:Saw this tweet from Crabtree's Prep School teammate:

Trey McGowens is a solid 4 star, rated .9586 on 247. He's got 10/15 impressive offers from perennial tourny teams. Getting Crabtree to then get McGowens would be a master stroke for Dunleavy.

Also noticed that Crabtree committed to UNC Ashville last year before receiving a release to attend the Virginia military prep school he's at, wonder what happened there.
Hargrave Academy is one of the "Powerhouse" prep schools for basketball in the country. There's about a dozen of them, if not more. Their second Varsity basketball teams could beat most public HS teams around the country. Their first really only plays elite competition.

Crabtree appears to be the leading scorer, and hits a lot of 3 point shots. There's a lot of talent on their roster, and he's one of the best players coming out of there. This is a big signing, for sure.
Last edited by DfromCT on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6421
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:18 pm

Ruski wrote:Saw this tweet from Crabtree's Prep School teammate:

Trey McGowens is a solid 4 star, rated .9586 on 247. He's got 10/15 impressive offers from perennial tourny teams. Getting Crabtree to then get McGowens would be a master stroke for Dunleavy.

Also noticed that Crabtree committed to UNC Ashville last year before receiving a release to attend the Virginia military prep school he's at, wonder what happened there.
Or maybe it just means they're roommates at the Academy.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
Jaxwave
Surge
Posts: 870
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:00 pm

tpstulane wrote:
green4life wrote:So, watching him in High School was pretty cool, we had a pretty good run...Pierre Gaudin then Jordy Hultberg and then Darryl Moreau. some good players on St Charles.
Don’t forget Johnny Arthurs DLS but 1960’s.
How about baseball P/ basketball PG Tony Beaulieu?
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17663
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:25 pm

Jaxwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
green4life wrote:So, watching him in High School was pretty cool, we had a pretty good run...Pierre Gaudin then Jordy Hultberg and then Darryl Moreau. some good players on St Charles.
Don’t forget Johnny Arthurs DLS but 1960’s.
How about baseball P/ basketball PG Tony Beaulieu?
Yep. For sure.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Ruski
Surge
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:31 pm

RobertM320 wrote:
Ruski wrote:Saw this tweet from Crabtree's Prep School teammate:

Trey McGowens is a solid 4 star, rated .9586 on 247. He's got 10/15 impressive offers from perennial tourny teams. Getting Crabtree to then get McGowens would be a master stroke for Dunleavy.

Also noticed that Crabtree committed to UNC Ashville last year before receiving a release to attend the Virginia military prep school he's at, wonder what happened there.
Or maybe it just means they're roommates at the Academy.
Touche. Still a solid inside track for the 4star.
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6421
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 pm

Anyone up in the Northeast familiar with this guard from Seton Hall that's getting his release? Seems that we're his primary landing spot.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6421
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Fri May 04, 2018 6:06 pm

@jellyfam_j is his Twitter handle. There's lots of highlights in his Twitter feed. A lot to like there. Lets hope.

Also, check this out. He's part of this JellyFam group. Something New York street basketball style.

"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
Ruski
Surge
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Thu May 24, 2018 12:33 am

247 rankings updated. Tulane up to #4 in the AAC! 73 nationally

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Baske ... erence=AAC

Also Jordan Walker was a .8894 coming out of HS last year, as close to a 4 star as you can get.
DrBox
Riptide
Posts: 3093
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am
Status: Offline

Thu May 24, 2018 11:40 pm

Is Walker definitely coming to Tulane; and does anyone know if Zhang passed the ACT (or got the sufficient score?)
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6421
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Sun May 27, 2018 2:18 pm

DrBox wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:40 pm
Is Walker definitely coming to Tulane; and does anyone know if Zhang passed the ACT (or got the sufficient score?)
I haven't seen anything where Walker has made a decision yet.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
Ruski
Surge
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Mon May 28, 2018 11:24 pm

Walker official
1 year ago he was rated #135 in the country by rivals. very nice get.
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2772
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Tue May 29, 2018 7:07 am

Ruski wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 11:24 pm
Walker official
1 year ago he was rated #135 in the country by rivals. very nice get.
He’ll sit one and play one because he’s going pro after that. He’s Dunleavy’s best recruit to date. Tulane scored big on this kid. Too bad he can’t play immediately.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12008
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue May 29, 2018 9:34 am

Anyone know if he was injured this past season? He only played in 17 games with no starts and averaged 1.8 points.
Find A Way!
Post Reply