chain gang x man
Swell

Cade Beloso has decided to commit to LSU
Big loss for Coach Jewett

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:Cade Beloso has decided to commit to LSU
Damn. Brutal loss. He was his highest rated recruit.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

who?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RollWaveRoll wrote:who?
http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 9f413.html
Beloso hit two home runs and had five RBIs to lead Curtis in an 11-2 victory over Jesuit in a battle of teams that were sitting atop the Catholic League standings.
Beloso now has a team-high six homers this season, hit two of the four home runs for the Patriots (21-5, 8-1 in District 9-5A) Beloso came close to adding his third homer in the sixth, but had to settle for an RBI double off the wall.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

Huge loss. He's like losing two players (a Michael Aubrey type). He's easily the best 2 way player in the state for 2018. Was going to help us on the mound and start at 1st base. In 129 AB's he only struck out 8 times. He was a David Pierce/Sean Allen guy. Big kid at 6'2 220lbs who bats left. He's a high projected draft choice so I believe if LSU can hold on to him he'll be a big difference maker for those guys. Also starts at LB in football. Like 99.9% of kids growing up in Louisiana his dream was to play at LSU. Looks like he'll get that chance unless the MLB throws him a million or so.
http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/gender ... s,baseball
Pepper
Swell

Cant' blame him at this time. This trend will continue with in-state recruits.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Show Me wrote:
Huge loss. He's like losing two players (a Michael Aubrey type). He's easily the best 2 way player in the state for 2018. Was going to help us on the mound and start at 1st base. In 129 AB's he only struck out 8 times. He was a David Pierce/Sean Allen guy. Big kid at 6'2 220lbs who bats left. He's a high projected draft choice so I believe if LSU can hold on to him he'll be a big difference maker for those guys. Also starts at LB in football. Like 99.9% of kids growing up in Louisiana his dream was to play at LSU. Looks like he'll get that chance unless the MLB throws him a million or so.
http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/gender ... s,baseball
I think you may have the wrong guy. I've heard nothing of Beloso being a good pitcher.
I'm also not even sure he's from Louisiana. Last year was his 1st at Curtis, he was out of state before that IIRC. Maybe he's originally from here, I don't know.
Pepper
Swell

I think you may have the wrong guy. I've heard nothing of Beloso being a good pitcher.
I'm also not even sure he's from Louisiana. Last year was his 1st at Curtis, he was out of state before that IIRC. Maybe he's originally from here, I don't know.[/quote]

He's from Chalmette. His parents moved to Texas after Katrina, then moved back last year. He also stated in an article that it was his dream to play for LSU since he was 9.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Show Me
Tsunami

He grew up in Chalmette, but his family moved to Texas after Hurricane Katrina. Beloso was 4-0 on the mound.
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

Show Me wrote:He grew up in Chalmette, but his family moved to Texas after Hurricane Katrina. Beloso was 4-0 on the mound.
Ahh. Their is our answer.....i was wondering why we would sink this money into a 1B/DH and our answer was because he was going to pitch and be a 2 way guy. Well he won't pitch at LSU despite what they told him, and may have cost him some significant money in few years by being a 1B only guy. 2 way players get drafted high, 1B/DH do not...see country. Historically Manieri doesnt like 1B only guys. he just doesnt recruit them. He likes guys that can run and play left side of IF. Occasionaly he'll play a C at 1B but usually 3B/SS that move their.
Profoundwizard
Swell

19 innings pitched. Maybe he is some stud pitcher but I've never heard about it. All his accolades are as a hitter.
His résumé as a pitcher is nothing special.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:24 pm Cade Beloso has decided to commit to LSU
Yep
https://crescentcitysports.com/john-cur ... -the-year/ :oops:
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

RollWaveRoll wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:38 pm
Show Me wrote:He grew up in Chalmette, but his family moved to Texas after Hurricane Katrina. Beloso was 4-0 on the mound.
Ahh. Their is our answer.....i was wondering why we would sink this money into a 1B/DH and our answer was because he was going to pitch and be a 2 way guy. Well he won't pitch at LSU despite what they told him, and may have cost him some significant money in few years by being a 1B only guy. 2 way players get drafted high, 1B/DH do not...see country. Historically Manieri doesnt like 1B only guys. he just doesnt recruit them. He likes guys that can run and play left side of IF. Occasionaly he'll play a C at 1B but usually 3B/SS that move their.
He wouldnt have even pitched at Tulane despite what some on here believe. His fastball tops out at 80 mph.
Show Me
Tsunami

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:34 am Named Mr Baseball
http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... t=headline
" Mr Baseball " was Tom Selleck ...Beloso is just a wanna be
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Baseball

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104926/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If he's not coming to Tulane, he's dead to me! Good luck Mr. Beloso,
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

He’s just not one of us. They offer everyone in Louisiana, most of our local players all had offers to LSU, they just couldn’t stand them like us and wanted a top education.
Profoundwizard
Swell

We didn’t miss out on much
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I’ll be surprised if any top notch players cast their fate with the sinking Jewett ship. Dannen may not know it, but 18 yo recruits can see the obvious.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:17 am I’ll be surprised if any top notch players cast their fate with the sinking Jewett ship. Dannen may not know it, but 18 yo recruits can see the obvious.
One thing I cannot complain about with Jewett is recruiting.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:55 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:17 am I’ll be surprised if any top notch players cast their fate with the sinking Jewett ship. Dannen may not know it, but 18 yo recruits can see the obvious.
He is four years without an NCAA birth (i will exclude the covid year).

So he recruits well and does not develop?

Really think about the fact that Tulane baseball, with all the investments from a square footage POV has had a 5 year coach with no NCAA tourney’s.
I am still confused.
Profoundwizard
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:55 pm
Disagree. It’s not been good enough.

Good players recruited by Jewett
Haskin
Lee
Olthoff
Burns
Aldrich

Engelhard and LaPrairie are promising players too. This isn’t enough
Dave breslin
Swell

Look at the big picture and ask these questions. Did Pierce leave an empty cupboard? Was there a “loosing” atmosphere that needed total changing? And what has been the results of five( four for COVID)? Bottom line—if your constipated —take something!!! Don’t just sit there.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Dave breslin wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:55 pm Look at the big picture and ask these questions. Did Pierce leave an empty cupboard? Was there a “loosing” atmosphere that needed total changing? And what has been the results of five( four for COVID)? Bottom line—if your constipated —take something!!! Don’t just sit there.
No, I don’t think it was an empty cupboard left behind by Pierce but some may disagree on that. What can’t be argued is that the atmosphere was a losing atmosphere that needed total changing. It was clearly not that