#12 Commit Jamal Anderson CB (Florida)

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Ruski
Swell

A big one! Becomes our second best ranked recruit according to 247, Jamiran James has him beat by a tiny fraction. He was committed to Louisville, for a year, until earlier this week.
https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/status ... 8224625664

GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Welcome Mr. Jamal Anderson, Cornerback from Homestead, Florida. 6'1" at 170 lbs.

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... river_home

He is listed as a 3* from Rivals. https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... son-181899

He is listed as a 3* on 24/7 . http://247sports.com/Player/Jamal-Anderson-45572403

He i listed as a 3* on Scout http://www.scout.com/Player/Jamal-Anderson-45572403

Overall is a 3*.

Here's his HUdl: http://www.hudl.com/profile/7078152/jamal-anderson
My initial impression is that he is long and rangey and looks like he can play bump and cover. Has decent speed and is pretty good at attacking the ball at its highpoint.

Offers from Louisville (once committed, then de-committed).. Certainly a great looking prospect especially if we can keep him. Happy Friday ROLL DAMN WAVE!
Ruski
Swell

He was committed to Louisville since last July. I'm wondering what changed his mind and if he's likely to flip from Tulane once more offers come in.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Nice pick up. Keep it rolling.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Ruski wrote:He was committed to Louisville since last July. I'm wondering what changed his mind and if he's likely to flip from Tulane once more offers come in.
Rumors in Louisville forums was that Mr. Anderson was pushed out with 4 other higher rated CBs coming in and that's why he de-committed. Sounds like early playing time is going to be a factor in his commitment.
Ruski
Swell

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
Ruski wrote:He was committed to Louisville since last July. I'm wondering what changed his mind and if he's likely to flip from Tulane once more offers come in.
Rumors in Louisville forums was that Mr. Anderson was pushed out with 4 other higher rated CBs coming in and that's why he de-committed. Sounds like early playing time is going to be a factor in his commitment.
Perfect Tulane target. Thanks for the scoop
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Watch his ratings drop as he went from a P5 to Tulane. If they don't drop, I'd be surprised.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jaxwave
Swell

Probably waiting for Miami offer when they lose recruits near signing date. Really sucks for us as we probably drop other guys who then commit elsewhere meaning we'll have to drop back to CUSA or Southland conference commitment s.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Jaxwave wrote:Probably waiting for Miami offer when they lose recruits near signing date. Really sucks for us as we probably drop other guys who then commit elsewhere meaning we'll have to drop back to CUSA or Southland conference commitment s.
Which is why the early signing date is a help to us. If Dec comes and an early commit holds off on signing, you know its not firm and you start looking elsewhere.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
OUG
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:
Jaxwave wrote:Probably waiting for Miami offer when they lose recruits near signing date. Really sucks for us as we probably drop other guys who then commit elsewhere meaning we'll have to drop back to CUSA or Southland conference commitment s.
Which is why the early signing date is a help to us. If Dec comes and an early commit holds off on signing, you know its not firm and you start looking elsewhere.
This is the correct take.

Nothing pisses me off more than when we get a nice commit and someone poops on it saying we will never hold the kid. Do people want to get great players in here or not? At some point you have to actually, you know, recruit them.
Eaglewave
Swell

OUG wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

Nothing pisses me off more than when we get a nice commit and someone poops on it saying we will never hold the kid. Do people want to get great players in here or not? At some point you have to actually, you know, recruit them.

It pisses me off as well, but sometimes it's fans facing reality. It's tough keeping 3 stars and above committed. Players get last minute offers from their dream schools and conferences the always wanted to play for. Also, families and players receive under the table crap as well.

Hopefully, things change.
Ball Sumrall!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Eaglewave wrote:
OUG wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

It pisses me off as well, but sometimes it's fans facing reality. It's tough keeping 3 stars and above committed. Players get last minute offers from their dream schools and conferences the always wanted to play for. Also, families and players receive under the table crap as well.

Hopefully, things change.
True, Eagle, but I find it hard to believe that Garland LaFrance had any long standing dreams of playing in Lubbock Texas in a pass first offense. I tend to believe in a lot of these cases, it more the second part of your post: "families and players receive under the table crap". Its that part that G5 schools will never be able to compete with. I also think you can hold on to a lot more of these types of players if you consistently win, something we have NEVER done in our lifetimes.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
sader24
Tsunami

I don't think they are receiving under the table stuff in most cases. It's as simple as if a kid gets a better offer he's going to take it and if a school gets commits that are higher rated than current commits they are gonna push that kid out.
Bigschtick
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:

Exactly!!!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Aberzombie1892
Swell

sader24 wrote:I don't think they are receiving under the table stuff in most cases. It's as simple as if a kid gets a better offer he's going to take it and if a school gets commits that are higher rated than current commits they are gonna push that kid out.
I agree in situations where a recruit chooses a P5 over a G5, as it's hard to blame a recruit for doing that. I know in several threads that some posters are indicating that Kingsbury may be in his last year at Tech and that that should influence the decision making for recruits, but why? Texas Tech would have more than a handful of interesting options for their next coach if they fired Kingsbury - Wilson (UTSA), Morris (SMU), Montgomery (Tulsa), Norvell (Memphis), etc. would all be on the radar and at least a couple of them would likely be very interested in that job.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
sader24 wrote:I don't think they are receiving under the table stuff in most cases. It's as simple as if a kid gets a better offer he's going to take it and if a school gets commits that are higher rated than current commits they are gonna push that kid out.
I agree in situations where a recruit chooses a P5 over a G5, as it's hard to blame a recruit for doing that. I know in several threads that some posters are indicating that Kingsbury may be in his last year at Tech and that that should influence the decision making for recruits, but why? Texas Tech would have more than a handful of interesting options for their next coach if they fired Kingsbury - Wilson (UTSA), Morris (SMU), Montgomery (Tulsa), Norvell (Memphis), etc. would all be on the radar and at least a couple of them would likely be very interested in that job.
As season ticket holders of the University of the High Plains in Lubbock, anything less than 8 wins and Kliff will be shown the door....Norvell, Sonny Cumbie, Skip Holtz, and Les Miles, if the Texas A&M job does not come open, are on the unofficial watch list.. Morris, Wilson and Montgomery may get an interview...and who knows, may end up with the job
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Garland LaFrance at Texas Tech is about as good a fit as Jack Abraham would have been in Fritz's system. Just because its a P5 school doesn't necessarily make it a better offer. The city's not better, the schools not better, and the fit sucks, so how is it a better offer?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
Garland LaFrance at Texas Tech is about as good a fit as Jack Abraham would have been in Fritz's system. Just because its a P5 school doesn't necessarily make it a better offer. The city's not better, the schools not better, and the fit sucks, so how is it a better offer?
But lovely Lubbok has "SPANKY'S'....also the kid better get a car or bike..Texas Tech is the largest campus in the U.S....it is one hell of a walk between buildings... and I can't wait for the 'winds of winter' to blow thru the high plains !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aberzombie1892
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
Well, Texas Tech generally has performed as a mid-high end P5 program (i.e. never won less than 8 games between 2002-2010 and won at least 7 games 17 times since 1995), but it's currently performing at that level not because Kingsbury is squandering the offensive talent there by not fielding a defense. So, assuming that Tulane generally has performed as a low end G5 program, which it has, there should be little comparison between offers in terms of athletics from each of those two programs. There are intangibles, such as Tulane being in a better city and having better academics, but Tech has its own intangibles regard to having a much stronger football culture (attendance, general relevance, national impact, etc.). Honestly, when was the last time Tulane won at least 8 games for 9 seasons in a row? The answer is likely never.

Also, if Fritz left, either voluntarily or involuntarily, is there confidence that Tulane would be able to secure a coach with a similar or better resume? That confidence is there at Tech, especially since Kingsbury was a gamble that hasn't paid off and the AD would be extremely unlikely to make a similar gamble again.
RobertM320
Green Wave

https://twitter.com/HeraldSportsHS/stat ... 2056538113
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
To the 17 or 18 year old kid making the decision, the fact that it's a P5, that it's a MUCH higher profile program, and that they win more than 3-4 games/year all combine to make it seem like a better offer. It may or may not be a better situation for him, but to him it's clearly an upgrade.
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
To the 17 or 18 year old kid making the decision, the fact that it's a P5, that it's a MUCH higher profile program, and that they win more than 3-4 games/year all combine to make it seem like a better offer. It may or may not be a better situation for him, but to him it's clearly an upgrade.
Isn't that why 17-18 year olds have parents?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
Isn't that why 17-18 year olds have parents?
If you are a parent (and most parents OVER estimate how good their kid is) are you going to tell a kid to turn down a P5 offer to go to...of all places...Tulane?

The parents play a role, no doubt. But most parents are as fickle about the program's success as the athletes themselves. And Tulane has not been successful. Few and far between are the parents that will tell a kid to look beyond football, forget about the NFL and make your education the top priority when choosing your next football stage.

We would like to think that parents and recruits think about all of the factors in a logical and rational manner and pick the University that has the best system that matches the athletes' strengths. But the reality is that the decision is very much an emotional one and a lot of logical and rational thinking gets lost in the process. Parents and athletes alike envision star status at a national championship contending University. Few of them think they'll be riding the pine.